Quality carpenter / joiner in CM

Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaeng Phet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Sawan, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, Uthai Thani, Uttaradit

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Quality carpenter / joiner in CM

Postby Janner » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 am

Looking for a carpenter / joiner for quality work in Chiang Mai as well as a good teakwood floor installer and finisher , thanks .
Janner

Re: Quality carpenter / joiner in CM

Postby MGV12 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Janner wrote:Looking for a carpenter / joiner for quality work in Chiang Mai as well as a good teakwood floor installer and finisher , thanks .

They may be out there but good luck with that one ... my experience is that as soon as wood is mentioned the daily rate soars to dizzying heights ... with no guarantee of commensurate quality of work.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Janner » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:16 pm

as usual the last 10 % of a build drives me crazy. Even some of the larger wood suppliers don't like making any recommendation's :)
Janner

Postby MGV12 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:19 pm

<Question placed here was deleted as answered on another thread.>

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Max&Bee-in-CM » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Janner wrote:as usual the last 10 % of a build drives me crazy. Even some of the larger wood suppliers don't like making any recommendation's :)

Small wood shop we used sent someone to have a look at sanding/painting/mounting doors, the price was something shocking.

Guys who came to quote a wooden backbone kitchen could not commit to a delivery date, and were hard to contact.

We are using one of our workers who has experience with wood, he has done a great job with doors and pergola style roof.

Ask around the local village or surrounding moo bahns, maybe take someone on for "building" at 300 per day then redirect him to
woodwork after a few days on the job, something like that.
Please check out our YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/KiddieToysReview
"Toys & Fun with Ely & Ela"
Max&Bee-in-CM

Postby LivinLOS » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:23 am

You could talk to Greg Casler at wood art design.

Unsure of budget but he exports premium quality work for penthouse and mansions installs in the US. Does beautiful work with the best quality materials and fixtures.

<personal data removed ... BTW ... the member who posted this question no longer visits the site - mod>
LivinLOS

Return to Northern Region