Plumber urgently needed in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaeng Phet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Sawan, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, Uthai Thani, Uttaradit

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Plumber urgently needed in Chiang Mai

Postby Max&Bee-in-CM » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 am

Hello, does anyone have a plumber contact for Chiang Mai, someone able to work to good standards, not the local
village idiot?

Thanks a lot...
Please check out our YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/KiddieToysReview
"Toys & Fun with Ely & Ela"
Max&Bee-in-CM

Re: Plumber urgently needed in Chiang Mai

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:59 am

Do you ever get tired of putting down Thai’s? :roll:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby otis-a » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:24 am

good luck
around here am still lookin decent plumber
seems to be more exocitic than a hen's tooth
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby Max&Bee-in-CM » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:44 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Do you ever get tired of putting down Thai’s? :roll:

Walk in my shoes - work with them and manage them for a few weeks, invest alot of your money and see crap being produced, or worse - your work destroyed, then you will be qualified to comment.

I am happy to "put down" any donkey, no matter what country, thai, british, etc.... even aussies, and I have put myself down and called myself an idiot also for mistakes I have made on the project.
Max&Bee-in-CM

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Max&Bee-in-CM wrote:Walk in my shoes - work with them and manage them for a few weeks, invest alot of your money and see crap being produced, or worse - your work destroyed, then you will be qualified to comment.

I am happy to "put down" any donkey, no matter what country, thai, british, etc.... even aussies, and I have put myself down and called myself an idiot also for mistakes I have made on the project.

I really should tell you why I think I’m qualified to comment on building threads.

My life has been spent in construction not only residential builds but was employed on some of the largest projects in Canada. During my twelve years or so in Thailand my wife and I have build one house, one duplex and have done major renovations and additions on three homes with one more build planned with the sale of our present home. So there is no need to walk in your shoes to experience construction mishaps as I have had more than my fair share.

During that time we had many ups and downs but nothing like you are experiencing.
While building it became clear that if you didn’t want to ‘waste your money, see crap being produced, or worse - your work destroyed’ you had to supervise the work in progress. Many a time if I had not been on the job site major and costly complications would have occurred. We have members who are making a living doing this kind of work and it takes dedication, compromise, good communication skills and a knowledge of how things work in this country.

Do understand your “I am happy to "put down" any donkey, no matter what country, thai, british, etc.... even aussies” I just don't agree with it as really the fault lies with the team leader, supervisor, foreman, not the workers. That is just the way it is in construction big or small.
BKKBILL

Postby Max&Bee-in-CM » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:48 pm

all i want is a plumber in CM, a professional one, thats all....
Max&Bee-in-CM

Postby geordie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Max T I T no sutch beast exists :?
No aprentiships as in the west so best you can find is someone that has actually done some plumbing how hard can it be with plastic :?

pssst :wink: invite otis around for drinks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Max&Bee-in-CM » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 pm

geordie wrote:Max T I T no sutch beast exists :?
No aprentiships as in the west so best you can find is someone that has actually done some plumbing how hard can it be with plastic :?

pssst :wink: invite otis around for drinks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i will settle for someone who can follow instructions, and knows what they are doing, having a hard time finding one, hoping some members here from CM have used and can recommend a good one.
Max&Bee-in-CM

Postby Janner » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:58 am

Max, don't normally make recommendations over here as they tend to come back and bite yer on the bum - but ring Suwit - 0816813698 , not the cheapest but speaks English.

Need a recommendation in return please , good carpenter / Joiner in CM
Janner

Postby fredlk » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:08 am

Janner wrote:don't normally make recommendations over here as they tend to come back and bite yer on the bum

It's good that you're helping out. I think giving recommendations is a good thing, the bad bit being when the person doing the recommending is somehow held responsible for possible shoddy work which is unfair. I don't mind passing on any contact information and I have been quite open about the good and the bad on my building story. My first builder came highly recommended, but unfortunately due to personal problems let us down and that can happen with anybody at anytime. I hold nobody responsible. No point.
fredlk

Postby Max&Bee-in-CM » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:07 am

Janner wrote:Max, don't normally make recommendations over here as they tend to come back and bite yer on the bum - but ring Suwit - 0816813698 , not the cheapest but speaks English.

Need a recommendation in return please , good carpenter / Joiner in CM

Thank you, we found someone for this Wednesday but if that falls through will give this guy a call.

Would love to help but we do not have a carpenter/joiner as such, one of our workers from the village here is quite good with wood, he does the door hanging and locks and the window sills and architraves, i can ask his mobile if you like. We have minimal wood in the house, so don't need a dedicated carpenter.
Max&Bee-in-CM

Postby Daron » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:51 am

i am an American expat plumber trying to get settled into living in Thai. I am currently renting in BKk, and looking for a more permanate solution living in CM. I have a Thai wife and look to come back to CM as soon as possible. you may contact me at my email....<personal details removed as er forum rules - mod> to further discuss how you can use me as your plumber. Thank You.

<No longer living in Afghanistan Daron? - mod>
Daron

Postby Makmak456 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Dovon,
The OP posted that over 2 years ago.......I hope that M&B have sorted the plumbing by now :)
Makmak456

Postby glen moore » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Daron, are you in Chiang Mai now?
glen moore

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:53 pm

glen moore wrote:Daron, are you in Chiang Mai now?

Daron hasn't looked in since June 5th. Hopefully he survived his plumbing emergency and move from Afghanistan.
BKKBILL

Next

Return to Northern Region