Lawyer/Architect/Builder

Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Loei, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Nongbua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Sisaket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Yasothon

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Lawyer/Architect/Builder

Postby Rainy City » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 am

Fellow Isaanders, I am looking for a lawyer, architect, and a builder who would be willing to work in the Nam Phong/Kranuan area. Obviously the lawyer and the architect could be from Khon Kaen as it is not far away. I already made the mistake of buying 2 rai, via my wife, without notifying the proper authorities. I am hoping that a lawyer can straighten that out. Do I need to get these recommendations privately off the forum? Are these builders working off of regular blue prints? I am planning a custom home that is beyond my remodeling experience. I have remodeled many homes and apartments over the last 30 years but have never built a home from scratch. Besides Thai building practices are completly different then the wood frame I am used to in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. Concrete beams, posts and metal truss systems are not things I have worked with. The only time I ran into a concrete beam was on my cabin and it scared the hell out of me. So I promptly excavated, built forms and poured a foundation with footers under it. Thank you so much for any help you are willing to share with me. Rainy City
Rainy City

Re: Lawyer/Architect/Builder

Postby geordie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:00 am

nothing to fear with concrete the conversion over to thai building practices is not difficult the formwork is probably the most dificult bit usually a couple of women make up the rebar depends on how radical you are at the design stage
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Re: Lawyer/Architect/Builder

Postby jazzman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:40 am

Frame houses in my understanding, seem to be concentrated mainly in the USA and Scandinavia. The Brits, as usual, go their own way with their unique load-bearing redbrick cavity walls, while in the rest of continental Europe the same post-and-beam construction as used in Thailand, is pretty much standard.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to Isaan provinces