3D Colour Renderings and Update

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

3D Colour Renderings and Update

Postby hkexpat » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:24 pm

Just about finished building the 1/87th scale model of the house - an interesting project in itself. Hope to post some photos soon. In the meantime, attached are colour renderings of the front and rear. Comments welcome.

HKexpat
Attachments
Colour 3D rear qtr r1 pm.pdf
Rear 3D - Colour
(155.87 KiB) Downloaded 512 times
Colour 3D front qtr r1 am.pdf
Front 3D - Colour
(134.64 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
hkexpat

Postby teletiger » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:34 pm

Love the back. Hate the front. :? Will cars be parked outside the front gate?
regards
teletiger

Back & Front

Postby hkexpat » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:22 am

teletiger wrote:Love the back. Hate the front. :? Will cars be parked outside the front gate?
regards

Thanks for your honest opinion. I am working with the Architect to improve the front as I too feel something is missing. Cars will not be parked out the front, they will be parked in the garage, currently shown on the right (looking from the rear) but is to be mover to the left and combined with a large sala.

HKexpat
hkexpat

Postby Citroennl » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:10 pm

I agree also, the backside is amazing.
The frontside is missing something, in my opinion the windows are too small.
Citroennl

Postby akalat » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:56 am

Isn't the pool edge rather close to the patio edge. I can see someone moving about on the patio, tripping and diving head first into the pool.
akalat

Postby runker » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:44 am

I think hkexpat is correct but thing I would worry about would be people getting stupid and jumping from the second floor into the pool. I would move the pool further away from the house just for that reason, who needs a lawsuit.
runker

Some Thoughts...

Postby hkexpat » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:24 am

An interesting point, but I think you would have to be incredibly stupid, drunk or both to want to leap into a 1.5m deep pool from circa. 4m... I am not sure I know anyone that stupid!!!

With regard to trespassers, they would need to enter the gated community within which the property is located, scale the boundary walls of the property and then fall/jump in the pool. Whilst is feasible, the probability of occurence is akin to a jet aircraft falling out of the sky and landing on my roof.

Falling into the pool from the sala or veranda is conceivable.

However, the landscape/house designs that have impressed me most are those that have a close coupling between water and structure, particularly at night with a good lighting design. There are many examples of this type of design in any book on Tropical houses, many of which the pool or water feature boarders the sala. Therefore I think some cautioned needs to be exercised when walking around the pool, but that's common sense isn't it?

Regards

HKexpat
hkexpat

Return to Your Building Story