3D Renderings

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

3D Renderings

Postby hkexpat » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:20 pm

Following earlier posting of the floor plans. Attached are a couple of 3D renderings. As before, comments good and bad welcome.

HKexpat
Attachments
Front Qtr 3D a.pdf
3D Rendering - Front
(75.58 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Rear Qtr 3D a.pdf
3D Rendering - Rear
(83.46 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
hkexpat
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:43 pm

Postby teletiger » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:38 pm

Thats a very nice design HK. I especially like the long windows. They compliment that design very nicely. Maybe I'd have made the first floor front windows more concentric. But thats a minor point on what should be a very nice house. It looks about 300 sq mt? So a good size too. Well done.
regards
teletiger
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:47 pm
Location: Khao Yai

3D Design

Postby hkexpat » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:16 am

teletiger wrote:Thats a very nice design HK. I especially like the long windows. They compliment that design very nicely. Maybe I'd have made the first floor front windows more concentric. But thats a minor point on what should be a very nice house. It looks about 300 sq mt? So a good size too. Well done.
regards


The rear aspect is very pleasing to me and seems to have worked out OK, especially when the landscaping images are added. The front aspect has been a little troublesome from the outset and I am not 100% happy with it. Something's missing but I cannot put my finger on it right now, but it needs an architectual touch. I am about to build a scale model, so maybe that'll help.

The size is coming out at between 350 and 400 sqm.

HKexpat
hkexpat
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:43 pm

Re: 3D Renderings

Postby johnleepbs » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:00 pm

hkexpat wrote:Following earlier posting of the floor plans. Attached are a couple of 3D renderings. As before, comments good and bad welcome.

HKexpat


That looks very nice. I particularly like the idea of the second "eaves" low down.

With regard to the long and thus low windows; it has been mentioned elsewhere, you will need to specifically state safety glass (about 10% more) or they will install the standard stuff.

I have a large arched window which is at the top of the first flight of stairs. They were going to put in standard glass... the thought of somebody falling down the stairs and going through it made me shudder!!
johnleepbs
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:04 pm

Re: 3D Renderings

Postby hkexpat » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:35 pm

johnleepbs wrote:
hkexpat wrote:Following earlier posting of the floor plans. Attached are a couple of 3D renderings. As before, comments good and bad welcome.

HKexpat


That looks very nice. I particularly like the idea of the second "eaves" low down.

With regard to the long and thus low windows; it has been mentioned elsewhere, you will need to specifically state safety glass (about 10% more) or they will install the standard stuff.

I have a large arched window which is at the top of the first flight of stairs. They were going to put in standard glass... the thought of somebody falling down the stairs and going through it made me shudder!!


That's a good point, something that I would assume would be common sense but I need to get into the Thai frame of mind and be prescriptive about certain things.

With regard to glass, I also read about the type that blocks UV rays and thus is supposed to keep it cooler inside - any views on this.

HKexpat
hkexpat
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:43 pm


Return to Your Building Story

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests