Cha am new house with swimming pool

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Cha am new house with swimming pool

Postby Cicciosamui » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:39 am

I finally bought the land and soon I want to do my little house and swimming pool too. The land is about 1000 square meters large. I have many questions.
but here are a just fast rendering to get an idea of what will be.
Attachments
casa cha am 4_solo-casa.jpg
casa-cha-am.jpg
Cicciosamui

Re: Cha am new house with swimming pool

Postby Cicciosamui » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:56 pm

among the many questions that I most doubt is the question of the pillars:
The home should be between 80 and 100 square meters, the net height of the house should be about 2.70m, I mean from the ground to the base.
but what must have these pillars section? it is better to take them already prefabricated or other?
thank you
A.
Cicciosamui

Postby eyecatcher » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:48 pm

Cicciosamui wrote:among the many questions that I most doubt is the question of the pillars:
The home should be between 80 and 100 square meters, the net height of the house should be about 2.70m, I mean from the ground to the base.
but what must have these pillars section? it is better to take them already prefabricated or other?
thank you
A.

I hope someone is going to be deigning the house for you; structurally?

The most standard size for columns would be 200x200 or 150x150mm. You will find that most two storey buildings will use 200x200 throughout but sometimes 150x150 on the upper floors.
This decision should be made by your engineer or architect based on the loadings and number of columns if you don't have the pre requisite construction knowledge.

You are not a local so forget the pre cast option. They are ok for cow sheds and lightweight houses.

They are cheap because they are not robust, often only 100x100 or 150x150 (Any thicker and you cannot man handle them) and they have sub standard (basic) reinforcement cast within. Often made by locals in their back yard I would not vouch for a 30kn crushing strength if they made a thousand.....dont even go there :wink:
eyecatcher

Postby Cicciosamui » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:24 am

eyecatcher wrote:
Cicciosamui wrote:among the many questions that I most doubt is the question of the pillars:
thank you
A.

I hope someone is going to be deigning the house for you; structurally?

The most standard size for columns would be 200x200 or 150x150mm. You will find that most two storey buildings will use 200x200 throughout but sometimes 150x150 on the upper floors.
This decision should be made by your engineer or architect based on the loadings and number of columns if you don't have the pre requisite construction knowledge.

You are not a local so forget the pre cast option. They are ok for cow sheds and lightweight houses.

They are cheap because they are not robust, often only 100x100 or 150x150 (Any thicker and you cannot man handle them) and they have sub standard (basic) reinforcement cast within. Often made by locals in their back yard I would not vouch for a 30kn crushing strength if they made a thousand.....dont even go there :wink:

well, my project does not have the pretension to be an executive project.
I want to build a house of my own personal specifications.
If then my design meets the engineer's specifications will be greater satisfaction
A.
Cicciosamui

Return to Your Building Story