build price

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

build price

Postby russ » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:35 am

hi i have been given a price by my builder to build my house what i want to know is it the done thing to haggle price down or is it a fixed price at the mommernt it seems a bit high do they always start higher and then you bring price down any info would help sorry to ask so many questions it is just ive never had a house built before

russ :D
russ

Postby SVielha » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:53 pm

Well I think a good start would be to tell us following: :D

- what kind of house (stone, wood, etc...)
- how many floors (1, 2 or 3)
- how many m2
- what is all incl. in the price (wall, roof, water, electric-work)
- where will the house be built

and

- what is the price :?:

Of course you always can try to make a lower price.
But withour any info we can`t tell you, if the price you got is really to high!
SVielha

house size

Postby russ » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:41 pm

the house is a single storey bungalow 3 bedroom 3 bathroom lounge dinner kitchen office it is 360sq mt it has a covered balcony which is 312sq mt and stairs 27sq mt it is raised of the ground by 1.8mt so we can use under house to store things it is built out of double skin blocks the price includes electric works paint.tiles up to 200 bht per mt. does not include a/c bathrooms kitchen the water is coming from a well we are having drilled the builder will surrply house pump is a simple design nothing awkward the house is in cha am the price to build is 10 millon bht
russ

Postby SVielha » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:07 pm

https://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/sascha.vielhauer/Thailandhaus

Under this link you can find some pics of my house.

It has 205 m2 without walls and 45 m2 balcony.

It standing on a 60 cm frame base + 10 cm thick floor.

The price including all work and materials was round about 1.8 M. Baht.

Of course, the house is next to sukhothai, which makes the work cheaper than in Cha Am.

We only made a contract for the work and bought the material on our own, with some help from the construction company.

The work was 290.000 Baht + 25.000 Baht for electric work.

Since you have the material in the price included, it`s very hard to say, if it`s to expensive or not, because I don`t know which materials will be bought. Are the electric-cable on or in the wall. Are they using tubes for the cables? What kind of pluges are used? And so on....

But I think the house shouldn`t cost more than maybe around 6-7 M. Baht.

I took my house and multiplied the price with 3, because of the size and the different buildng style. This would be 5.4 M. Baht.
Than I added some money for the different location.

What you can think about is, to do it like me and only make a contract about the work and buy the materials on your own.

Than you can be sure, that you get what you want (quality, color and so on...) and you know what it cost.

Quality:
(eg. the floor-tiles in the house + balcony (all together) where maybe 2.000 € = 100.000 Baht., but the tiles around the house where also 100.000 Baht)

Otherwise it would be easy for the construction company to buy cheap stuff to make a higher profit.

Hope I could help you or give you an idea of how to handle it.

PS: On the pics was house was not completly finished!
SVielha

thank you

Postby russ » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:25 pm

thank you you have been a great help the cables will be inside walls we have worked out ourselves we said about 7.5/8.00 mill bht was about right thanks again

russ
russ

Postby SVielha » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:33 pm

@russ
Don`t forget to send pics, when you start to build the house!

Sascha
SVielha

Re: house size

Postby cruzing » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:56 am

russ wrote:the house is a single storey bungalow 3 bedroom 3 bathroom lounge dinner kitchen office it is 360sq mt it has a covered balcony which is 312sq mt and stairs 27sq mt it is raised of the ground by 1.8mt so we can use under house to store things it is built out of double skin blocks the price includes electric works paint.tiles up to 200 bht per mt. does not include a/c bathrooms kitchen the water is coming from a well we are having drilled the builder will surrply house pump is a simple design nothing awkward the house is in cha am the price to build is 10 millon bht

Is the 312 sqm really how big your balcony is? Almost as big as your house??

Just curious, as the pricing to build 360 sqm house seems rather high even for Cha am, considering you aren't paying much for tile per sqm. However, if you balcony/ies are actually that large, maybe it's not a bad price.

cruzing
cruzing

build price

Postby russ » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:12 am

the balcony goes round the house but got the break down of prices on fri it is a joke all materials are 5 times what they cost cannot belive prices ie for one double plug 250 bht. downlights 500 bht each same light in home pro 102 bht dimmer switch 150 bht home pro builders price 500 bht all prices 4 or 5 times the price i know we all want to make profit but how much is fair but there is more the labour price for house is 1.6 m bht they must be the best paid labour in thailand anyway the price he has given is 9.8 mbht i think fair price should be 6.5 m bht i think some people think we have endless amounts of money. if any one knows of a good priced builder in this neck of the woods please let me know

russ :( :(
russ

Postby SVielha » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:16 pm

I think you should look for another company. :(

Sorry, but my builder is to far away (Sukhothai). :roll:
SVielha

Postby teletiger » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:48 pm

Is there a plan you could post on here Russ, as I'm having trouble imagining this 312 sq mt balcony. 200 Baht per sq mt tiles in a 10 million Baht house seems a little odd. You should get a minimum of 3 quotes and try a labour only quote.
regards
teletiger

Return to Your Building Story