Chance Remark leads to New Build

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Chance Remark leads to New Build

Postby Mai Mii » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:26 pm

On Thursday I said I had created a monster. I had unleashed a beast. So I have bad news and even worse news.

The LHG has decided that we must have a pool :shock:

Having read Rogers pool saga, although I agree with her reasons and logic, it was not a conversation that I was looking forward to. Conversations were duly had, with me having severe trepidations rattling through my head, due in no small part to problems other people had / were having. Namely, builders doing their own thing, lying, cheating and all the other niceties that people have come across.

A cunning plan began to form, and we came up with this:

Sala and Pool.jpg

Now this may look like a pool and sala. In reality it is a cunningly disguised execution chamber and mass grave for builders who may want to lie, cheat or steal. I think it may be a tad too large, time will tell :D

Now the badder news.

The LHG has also decided that a good day for getting married is the same day as the official house complete ( whatever it is called ) Ceremony is the best time to get married. So an unofficial date has been set. All I need to do now is drag this out for about 25 years and I will almost be dead and past caring what happens :D

Onwards and upwards as they say.
Mai Mii

Postby Mai Mii » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:36 pm

We also had our first disappointment :(

The LHG found land for sale in the area we are looking for. The price was right but the land was too large. A phone call was made and the owner agreed to sell half the land, ideal.

Sunday morning, up and off to strike a deal. Arrives on site, meets the seller, who sees a paleface and decides no sell half, only sell complete.

:evil: :evil:

After a 6 hour drive, you really do not want to know the thoughts that went through my head.

The hunt continues.
Mai Mii

Postby olavhome » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:10 pm

You are fully and completely lost :D .
At once you have said "maybe we make a house" it is understood as "lets make a house".
At once you have said "land looks not so bad" it is understood as "looks nice we (read YOU) buy.
At once you have agreed on buying, a Builder most certainly will appear on your doorstep within 10 minutes

Good luck with your building process, most certainly you will land on your feat in the end :-)
olavhome

Previous

Return to Your Building Story