New house kitchen

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

New house kitchen

Postby kevvy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Very proud of my kitchen which is 90% complete.Getting the new Italian oven in tomorrow and fridge next week. We should be moving in next weekend . The house is about 400 square metres on just over 3 rai . It has taken us 6 months to build .
First time I have been here so I will post if members want to see the build.
Thanks
Attachments
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp1u3c8X.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp1u3c8X.jpg (76.78 KiB) Viewed 484 times
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp2vnSKV.jpg
Kitchen.The top cupboards were put there to fill up the area as the ceilings are 4 metres high . They can be used as storage , long term ...as you will need ladder to get up there.
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp2vnSKV.jpg (61.04 KiB) Viewed 484 times
kevvy

Re: New house kitchen

Postby olavhome » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:01 am

Congratulations with both build and Kitchen, both loor really nice.
Will appreciate if you tell Your building story, and always very nice with Pictures.
Where in Thailand is Your build and whats the brand name of Kitchen ?
olavhome

Postby gliffaes » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:12 am

Looks good, I would always worry as to leaks especially if the builders did your plumbing. I did my own....no leaks yet since construction.
gliffaes

Postby kevvy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:14 am

The kitchen was built from a Thai man who does very good work and cheaper than the big stores . The kitchen was 300,000 without the oven and fridge. I live in chiang rai and I will write the story for all to see with more pics.
Leaks in the roof already but were soon fixed ,The plumber who done the water pipes used a heat machine which sealed the connections . I was very impressed in the way he done his job.

More to come tonight .

Kevvy
kevvy

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:43 am

kevvy wrote:The kitchen was built from a Thai man who does very good work and cheaper than the big stores . The kitchen was 300,000 without the oven and fridge. I live in chiang rai and I will write the story for all to see with more pics.
Leaks in the roof already but were soon fixed ,The plumber who done the water pipes used a heat machine which sealed the connections . I was very impressed in the way he done his job.

More to come tonight .

Kevvy

Did your plumber use PPR pipe (usually green) or the standard blue pipe?
Sometimewoodworker

Postby gliffaes » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:37 am

kevvy wrote:The kitchen was built from a Thai man who does very good work and cheaper than the big stores . The kitchen was 300,000 without the oven and fridge. I live in chiang rai and I will write the story for all to see with more pics.

More to come tonight .

Kevvy

Sounds like the green ppr then which "should" be ok
gliffaes

Postby olavhome » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:19 am

About roof leaks:
We will build as neighbour to local fire station.
Been thinking I will invite them to plash the roof With their water cannon as a leak test when it is laid to check for leaks.
Can be mini songkran :-)
olavhome

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:55 am

olavhome wrote:About roof leaks:
We will build as neighbour to local fire station.
Been thinking I will invite them to plash the roof With their water cannon as a leak test when it is laid to check for leaks.
Can be mini songkran :-)

This is a common thing to do and it is usual to give a purple piece of paper.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby kevvy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Yes he used the green pipe.I will write my story tonight , if all members have enough time to read it . Some bad stuff , and alot of good times too. :D
kevvy

Return to Your Building Story