Construction of our house in Banti, Chiang Mai

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Construction of our house in Banti, Chiang Mai

Postby Belboy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:52 pm

Hi to all,

Check out my blog about the construction of our house in Banti, a village about 20 km from Chiang Mai.

http://huisinthailand.skynetblogs.be/ (only in dutch, but the blog has many pictures)

Greetz,

Frederik, Pranee and Cedric
Belboy

Re: Construction of our house in Banti, Chiang Mai

Postby Kondee » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:46 am

Belboy wrote:Hi to all,

Check out my blog about the construction of our house in Banti, a village about 20 km from Chiang Mai.

http://huisinthailand.skynetblogs.be/ (only in dutch, but the blog has many pictures)

Greetz,

Frederik, Pranee and Cedric

Hi,
thank you for share.
:wink: Your house looks really nice...congratulations :wink:
So it´s still in building process or already finished? You will use red bricks or blocks for the spares between the columns (soils)? And what system....double or single block or brick walls?
Look forward to see some pictures more...best regards :)
Kondee

Postby hkexpat » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:03 pm

Looks like your house is coming along nicely.

I took a quick look at your plans and note that the length of your eaves is 1m, I am interested to know why you selected 1m and not something longer like 1.5 or 2 m?

HKexpat
hkexpat

answers on your questions

Postby Belboy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:42 pm

hi,

They started building the house on may 8, so it is still under construction for some time, our contractor ( my wife's nephew) promised it will be ready in november, every week he sent me some pictures from the progress. So keep checking the blog for more pictures later.

Sorry people, I don't know to much about building houses, so if u ask me some questions about it, I will try to answer as good as possible but I can't promise I can answer everything.

Kondee, about your question about blocks or brigs, well we are gonna use single blocks everywhere.

Hkexpat, about the question about the eaves, when we saw the plans of the house we think it look nice like this and we didn't change it to much anymore
Belboy

Postby SVielha » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:46 pm

Our house, also has a eaves length of "only" 1.2 m. :D

Well we only have one floor, so for us it seams to be enough. :roll:

Did the constructor said something about the length of the eaves? :?:

I mean because of rain and storm! :shock:
SVielha

New Pictures

Postby Belboy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:41 pm

Hi,

Today I put pictures of the building of the second beam on the blog.

About the eaves, we didn't talk about the length of the eaves with the constructor, it never came up to me to ask something about the eaves, I thought it was only for the looks of the house! :oops:
Belboy

Postby SVielha » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:49 pm

Nice pixs.

What is the diameter of the pillars?

At my house they made them 20cm for a 1 floor house, which of course has more m2 of roof to carry, but no second floor, like your house.

How high is the ceiling? I took 3.7 m.
SVielha

Postby Kondee » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:05 pm

Hi Frederik, Pranee and Cedric,
thanx for update your webside. It looks really nice. :)
Some questions more....
How many meters are between the pillars? And what is the diameter of the ceilings?
So it seems like you will use red bricks for the walls (just saw alot from the red bricks on your pictures)...right?
Look forward to see some pictures who show how to set ceiling(and/or Soil from first floor) finally. :)

Thanx again :) ....kop khun krap
Kondee

Postby hkexpat » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:31 am

The question of eaves "only" being 1m or so was merely based on an idea that I had of making the eaves of my house something in excess of 1m.

I was just wondering what design or other consideration (e.g. shade from sun) other people had taken into account. Perhaps there is a building regulation on the length of eaves.

HKexpat
hkexpat

Return to Your Building Story