Cape Yamu - Phuket

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Cape Yamu - Phuket

Postby fredlk » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:48 pm

arranp wrote:the coolest attic I have found upto now is white colourbond with PU insulation, like Fredlk has done in his Sattahip build, so this is what I would like to use on mine. 92% reflection and 92*F attic temp I believe during midday.

Now my attic, i.e. my vaulted ceiling, is a mere 27 degrees Celsius (80.6 fahrenheit) which is the outside air temperature at present.
fredlk

Postby arranp » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:50 pm

fredlk wrote:
arranp wrote:the coolest attic I have found upto now is white colourbond with PU insulation, like Fredlk has done in his Sattahip build, so this is what I would like to use on mine. 92% reflection and 92*F attic temp I believe during midday.

Now my attic, i.e. my vaulted ceiling, is a mere 27 degrees Celsius (80.6 fahrenheit) which is the outside air temperature at present.

Good Man !! :-)
arranp

Postby arranp » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:52 pm

When I have the time I do want to read your build story, or rather keyword searches, there are a lot of pages , Fredlk.
arranp

Postby arranp » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:46 pm

some pictures

sea view 23m level

sea view 20m level

plot view 14m level
arranp

Postby arranp » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:58 pm

I'm having just the shell built, that is water tight, ie. external walls, windows and roof, then will do the inside myself doing one room at a time as I need them.

Currently we all sleep together, but later years to come children will want there own bedrooms. So can take my time to ponder on the way I want things and what I want.

concrete costs including labour is about 4k baht per cubic meter, overal build cost for the shell is 8 to 10k per sq meter depending on windows.

Working on the inside I will have a skilled labourer about 500 baht per day, I can lend myself to some tasks, I've done alot in my time, tiling, fitted kitchens, fitted bathrooms, fitted windows, brick laying, hanging rafters. So will be doing allot of running around choosing and collecting materials and bringing them back to site and working with the thai labourer to fit them, one room at a time.

At first will move in with just mopped concrete floors with mats put down, a few extension leads, a single completed wc / shower room, and external aluminium kitchen / sink etc, a few plastic drawer and rails for clothes.

No rush... :-)
arranp

Postby kiwimartin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi, This door span is 6 metres - no problem, but a lot of steel, including DB 20 core strands. The room spans are all 5 metres, using DB 16 steel.
16e530953c19b8f9c333790f0b62d1b9.jpg

You could of course span with an I-beam or similar.
Cheers, and good luck with the build.
Martin
kiwimartin

Postby arranp » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:18 pm

Shastadad wrote:Ditto, and the green cone seaview seems to be to be completely dependent upon no one building on lot 4 :?

lot 4 is at 14m above sea level and sloping below, my living room level is 20m and bedroom level is 23m above sea level

the design of the houses on lot4 is car park its upper floor with flat roof is at 14m above sea level, its lower floor is at 11m above sea level.
arranp

Postby arranp » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:16 pm

in my house I want capacity to run 2 or 3 rain showers at the same time, each rain shower requires 15 litres per minute.

when working out pipe sizes, I had a headache in working determining pipe sizes, converting between imperial and metric systems.

Then I found the following text which helped explain my confusion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nominal_size
In the UK, pipe is available that is quoted in both metric size and imperial size. The metric size is larger than the imperial size. For example both 1⁄2 inch and 15 millimetres (0.59 in) copper pipe is actually the same pipe which has a nominal internal diameter of 1⁄2 an inch and a nominal external diameter of 15 millimetres[2] (diameter is always internal in the imperial measurement system and always external in metric).
arranp

Postby gliffaes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 am

arranp wrote:I'm having just the shell built, that is water tight, ie. external walls, windows and roof, then will do the inside myself doing one room at a time as I need them.

Currently we all sleep together, but later years to come children will want there own bedrooms. So can take my time to ponder on the way I want things and what I want.

concrete costs including labour is about 4k baht per cubic meter, overal build cost for the shell is 8 to 10k per sq meter depending on windows.

Working on the inside I will have a skilled labourer about 500 baht per day, I can lend myself to some tasks, I've done alot in my time, tiling, fitted kitchens, fitted bathrooms, fitted windows, brick laying, hanging rafters. So will be doing allot of running around choosing and collecting materials and bringing them back to site and working with the thai labourer to fit them, one room at a time.

At first will move in with just mopped concrete floors with mats put down, a few extension leads, a single completed wc / shower room, and external aluminium kitchen / sink etc, a few plastic drawer and rails for clothes.

No rush... :-)

good plant to finish it yourself but i would also do the plumbings and septics too.
gliffaes

Previous

Return to Your Building Story