Udon Thani Happy House

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Udon Thani Happy House

Postby olavhome » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:04 pm

What is the writing on the wall plates near entrance:
Is it :
No sales at the door?
Staff wanted?
No thanks, already have a lady?
Or only names of the persons living in the house? :D
olavhome

Postby pipoz » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:19 pm

olavhome wrote:What is the writing on the wall plates near entrance:
Is it :
No sales at the door?
Staff wanted?
No thanks, already have a lady?
Or only names of the persons living in the house? :D

I believe the one of the Right: says,
Top Line: "Home of"
Middle Line : Its her Name
Bottom Line: The Address because it has the number 470 etc

The one on the Left:
It might say say "Boyfriend Wanted" or possibly "Single Thai Ladies can Fu..k Off" :lol:
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:15 pm

And up goes some more roof steel.

The "Pitch Height" looks about correct (possibly a fraction high). It should be 2100 mm above the top of the Steel Ring Beam support frame, for a 30 Degree Roof Slope.

Assuming the Thai man standing on one leg is about 1.5 meters tall, and his arms are about 400 mm above his head, it looks like its being set at around 2,200. No real problem at 32 Degrees instead of 30 Degrees, provided I have enough roof tiles. :roll: :lol:

Block work is near complete, with just the high level Hopper type windows to go in two walls. (2 No 80 cm L x 50 cm H, in each wall) - Bought the Hopper windows, as pre-made from Global House - They are Aluminium frame, in what appears to be a Powdercoat Charcoal Grey Frame color, plus they have grey tint glass and a mosquito screen on inside and cost of only TB 2,160 each. :lol: :D

Good value for what they are and given they will rarely be opened and are only to allow some extra natural light into the Tool Room & South End of Garage

pipoz
Attachments
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 (2A).jpg
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 (2A)
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 (3A).jpg
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 (3A)
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 (4A).jpg
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 (4A)
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:36 pm

Will have 4 No Main Roof Trusses, one at each Ridge intersection point and then two spaced at 1070 meters apart, along that high ridge line, between these two intersection points. The Pink is a 150 mm x 50 mm x 2.3 mm Box section and the Blue is 100 mm x 50 mm x 2.3 mm Box section.

Besides fully welding All connections/intersection points at the box section to box section, all connection points will also have a Gusset plate (6mm thick) sticth welded over that connection point :D

pipoz
Attachments
Garage Roof Truss A - Drawing -9018 -C (L).jpg
Garage Roof Truss A - Drawing -9018 -C (L)
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:06 pm

Setting up for the erection of the main ridge box section and main hip sections (150mm x 50mm). So far looks good, for two days work 2- 3 persons :D

Plus 90% of the block walls are now complete

pipoz
Attachments
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 - 6 (1).jpg
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 - 6 (1)
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 - 6 (2).jpg
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 - 6 (2)
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 - 6 (3).jpg
Garage Roof Steel - Erection on 20 Sept 2016 - 6 (3)
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:32 pm

For those interested in pricing,

Global House Windows & Doors: Besides buying the pre-made Hopper windows from Global House, for TB 2,160 each, I also bought (for the Laundry-Toilet) same model/type,
1.Sliding Door assembly 1.60m W x 2.05 m H for TB 6,440
2.Sliding Window (2 sliding & 1 Fixed) assembly 1.80m W x 1.105 m H for TB 5,000

All of Aluminium Powdercoat Charcoal Grey Frame, with grey tint glass and mosquito screen. You can see the Sliding Door assembly in the background of the photo. Maybe no suitable for a lot on use in and out of the house, but they seem to be suitable for less used areas.

Then went an bought,
3.A Mogden Toilet, nice shape model M0090, from Global - TB 4,990
4.Cotto Ceramic Tiles 300 x 300 - TB 259 per box of 11 No (equals 1.0m2) from Homepro
5.A Sack Trolley from Global - TB 850, which makes it a lot easier move the heavy items around, without F...king your back

All relatively inexpensive items, but good quality. I am getting more impressed with some of the quality items and the expanded range of items, now available at both Global House & Home-pro. :D

pipoz
Attachments
Garage Roof Steel Erection (1B) Monday 19 September 2016.jpg
Garage Roof Steel Erection (1B) Monday 19 September 2016
Garage Toilet - Global House TB 4,990 (M).JPG
Garage Toilet - Global House TB 4,990 (M)
Ceramic Outside Tiles - Homepro TB 259 per m2 (M).JPG
Ceramic Outside Tiles - Homepro TB 259 per m2 (M)
pipoz

Postby claynlr » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Looking good Pip. The charcoal gray w/ gray glass sounds very interesting. Can you get a close up when you have time?
claynlr

Postby pipoz » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:01 pm

claynlr wrote:Looking good Pip. The charcoal gray w/ gray glass sounds very interesting. Can you get a close up when you have time?

The Charcoal Grey color Paint is one by National Paints (part of TOA). They manufacture a range of about 7 standard Enamel Paint colors, used for steel/metalwork, so that you don't have to remember the mix color in the future. The color is premixed into the 3 Liter tin that you buy off the shelf. Found it at Thaiwatsadu and there is also a standard olive green, dark blue, red, black and light grey color, from memory

I wont actually be putting the final color coat (the National Enamel) on the roof steel until I get back to Thailand, in five weeks time, about the time my roof tiles arrive. So I will take a picture then

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:14 pm

My electrical boys have arrived to put in my Pole + Meter, for the supply to the Workshop (1 1/2 Rai) at the Soi 4 end of the property.

The Main House and Southern Driveway (2 Rai) is supplied from the Soi 5 Pole and its Meter .

Two Poles and Two Meters and opposite ends of the property :lol:

pipoz
Attachments
Workshop Studio 06 August 2016 (1).jpg
Workshop Studio 06 August 2016 (1)
Electrical Connection form Soi 4 to Workshop Studio (1A).jpg
Electrical Connection form Soi 4 to Workshop Studio (1A)
Electrical Connection form Soi 4 to Workshop Studio (2A).jpg
Electrical Connection form Soi 4 to Workshop Studio (2A)
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:33 pm

Main Garage Roof Steel: Not exactly what I drew. He has doubled up on the Hip Steel, using 2 No 150mm x 50mm sections welded back to back, which is actually good.

Plus he has done the same for the vertical support under the Ridge-Hip connection point, and the Ridge Beam section and also sat them on two Horizontal 150mm x 50mm Support Frame sections, which is a lot more than I had allowed for. Probably, because I over ordered a by about 4 extra lengths of the 150mm x 50mm box sections, so it looks like he has used them for the main part/members of the roof frame.

Hip Steel to Support Frame Connection: OK so far, he has welded the base plate to the four reinforcement bars via the holes in the base plate and will use a bag of Lank 731 that I bought , for him to dry pack under the base plate. Then he has used one of the Gusset pates to connect the Hip Box section to that Base Plate. I presume he has done the same on the opposite box section side. :lol: :D

I don't think the roof steel is going to blow away in a storm :lol:

pipoz
Attachments
West Garage Roof Steel - Main Ridge and Hip Steel  (1A).jpg
West Garage Roof Steel - Main Ridge and Hip Steel (1A)
West Garage Roof Steel - Main Hip Steel to Base Plate Connection  (2A).jpg
West Garage Roof Steel - Main Hip Steel to Base Plate Connection (2A)
pipoz

Postby claynlr » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:08 am

pipoz wrote:
claynlr wrote:Looking good Pip. The charcoal gray w/ gray glass sounds very interesting. Can you get a close up when you have time?

The Charcoal Grey color Paint is one by National Paints (part of TOA). They manufacture a range of about 7 standard Enamel Paint colors, used for steel/metalwork, so that you don't have to remember the mix color in the future. The color is premixed into the 3 Liter tin that you buy off the shelf. Found it at Thaiwatsadu and there is also a standard olive green, dark blue, red, black and light grey color, from memory

I wont actually be putting the final color coat (the National Enamel) on the roof steel until I get back to Thailand, in five weeks time, about the time my roof tiles arrive. So I will take a picture then

pipoz

But did the doors and windows come in a charcoal gray from the factory?
claynlr

Postby pipoz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:27 am

claynlr wrote:
pipoz wrote:

pipoz

But did the doors and windows come in a charcoal gray from the factory?

Yes Global House had them (the Aluminium Window Frames & Doors) available in several colors, White, Charcoal Grey, Black etc, pre-finished from the Factory

Sorry for the confusion, but my reference to the Charcoal Grey color Paint by National Paints (part of TOA), in the previous post was for the painting to my Roof Steel, if that clarifies it

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:48 pm

House 1, Small Sala & Workshop are now complete.

Garage-Tool Room & Toilet-Laundry: Will be completed by end November 2016

Sala & Kitchen: Will be constructed between mid November and end January 2017

Landscaping: Northern entrance driveway & gate, fruit tree planting & paving will start April 2017

Swimming Pool: Still thinking about it :?:

That's the theory :roll:

pipoz
Attachments
Master Plan Layout with Sala Kitchen - Drawing 2016-HH-2-8050 -R9 Jpeg.jpg
Master Plan Layout with Sala Kitchen - Drawing 2016-HH-2-8050 -R9 Jpeg
pipoz

Postby olavhome » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:48 pm

Im sure you have written before, but how large is your land ?
olavhome

Postby pipoz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:06 pm

olavhome wrote:Im sure you have written before, but how large is your land ?

Is about 4,900 m2 at present, give or take few m2, but hopefully it will grow to 6,600 m2 by the end of this year.

That's the target and I have been told that "land grows" if it gets plenty of rain :lol:

pipoz
pipoz

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story