Udon Thani Happy House

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Udon Thani Happy House

Postby gippy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:16 am

sirineou wrote:Hey Gippy
That's way to nice of a table for a drill press, if my wife see it, she would put a doily on it or put a lamp shade the drill press,:lol: I have furniture in my house that is not as nice
you do nice work :D

Thanks sirineou. I have been making stuff and building up my workshop for a couple of years and when we finally build our house I will be building a lot of things for it. Full kitchen, built-ins, wardrobes and so on.
gippy

Postby sirineou » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:55 am

gippy wrote:
sirineou wrote:Hey Gippy
That's way to nice of a table for a drill press, if my wife see it, she would put a doily on it or put a lamp shade the drill press,:lol: I have furniture in my house that is not as nice
you do nice work :D

Thanks sirineou. I have been making stuff and building up my workshop for a couple of years and when we finally build our house I will be building a lot of things for it. Full kitchen, built-ins, wardrobes and so on.

I am a carpenter by trade, a member of the international brotherhood of carpenters union for more years than I am willing to admite. Unfortunately I worked all my life in the Concrete league NYC putting up highrise buildings. So when people ask me, what I do, I tell them I am a carpenter with the Union, and they say "ohh great, can you make me some cabinets?" , to which I reply.
Sure do you have a chainsaw? :lol: :lol:
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby pipoz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:51 pm

This is a book I bought in Thailand last time, for only TB 300. Its has some 120 No House Designs in it (by the Home Collection Group) which may be of use to those contemplating a build.

Below are several design examples and content. Sorry cant read Thai, but I can read Pictures

pipoz
Attachments
Thai House Designs 120 No - Pink book.jpg
Thai House Designs 120 No
37 THD.jpg
No 37
66 THD.jpg
No 66
77 THD.jpg
No 77
83 THD.jpg
No 83
95 THD.jpg
No 95
119 THD.jpg
No 119
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:06 am

gippy wrote:If you visit Bangkok check out 'Wood street'. I have seen T&G planks there, probably for flooring. But any good place would be able to find and mill up what you wanted for a ceiling.

Hi Gippy have you got an address Area and Soi number for "Wood Street". pipoz
pipoz

Postby gippy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:15 am

pipoz wrote:
gippy wrote:If you visit Bangkok check out 'Wood street'. I have seen T&G planks there, probably for flooring. But any good place would be able to find and mill up what you wanted for a ceiling.

You can explore the area with Google maps. The soi next to this one and the side streets are mainly wood related as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.809207,100.521799,3a,75y,90h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s7S8FsXfho16ow9jHh9oIqg!2e0!6m1!1e1
gippy

Postby Klondyke » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:34 pm

gippy wrote:
pipoz wrote:Hi Gippy have you got an address Area and Soi number for "Wood Street". pipoz

I can help with teak and other kinds of wood (acacia, oak, ash), especially for those who are in the North. I do not want to make here an advertisement for myself, however, I saw here yesterday a link to a supplier in the North - as a "German guy" - who is he not. In fact, he has got wood supplied from myself.

Anybody who needs a help, can give me a PM, can talk by phone.
Klondyke

Postby pipoz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:10 pm

Roof framing well underway, maybe another two days.

Height to top of RC Ring Beam is 3400 mm and height to inside of Eave Fascia Board on west and south side should be around 3200 mm, if the Thai Roofer gets it right. Aiming to achieve a look like Concept 1-0 & 4-0

Ceiling height inside will be 2850 mm and then step up 300 mm (to 3150 mm) between the concrete beams
Attachments
1-0 High Roof Line Concept.jpg
High Wall to Roof Line Concept 1-0
Day 93 Roof Framing 21 August 2014 01.jpg
Roof Framing Looking from South - Day 93
Day 93 Roof Framing 21 August 2014 03.jpg
Roof Framing looking from West - Day 93
4-0 High Roof Line Concept.jpg
High Wall to Roof Line Concept 4-0
pipoz

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:44 pm

pipoz wrote:

image.jpg
Wood street, Bang Po

Locality known as Bang Po but postal address is Bang Sue

The main street is Pracha Rat Sai 1 Soi 24 which then changes to Soi Krungthep-Nonthabury 5 about halfway along ( this the one "gippy" has posted the google street view of.)

The next big Soi, which is one way in the opposite direction is Soi Krungthep-Nonthabury 13 which then changes to Pracha Rat Sai 1 Soi 28
Sometimewoodworker

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Klondyke wrote:
gippy wrote:
pipoz wrote:Hi Gippy have you got an address Area and Soi number for "Wood Street". pipoz

I can help with teak and other kinds of wood (acacia, oak, ash), especially for those who are in the North. I do not want to make here an advertisement for myself, however, I saw here yesterday a link to a supplier in the North - as a "German guy" - who is he not. In fact, he has got wood supplied from myself.

Anybody who needs a help, can give me a PM, can talk by phone.

I would be very careful moving teak on any roads these days.

We sold fifty tree back in April the permit to move them has not been approved yet.
Can fall the trees but it’s moving them is the problem.
Have been told the permit should be here next week although that has been said before. In normal times this took six weeks for approval. We had to put up signs on our property of the pending move had numerous officials here taking picture of trees, wife pointing at trees etc. My how things have changed.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Klondyke » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:35 pm

BKKBILL wrote:I would be very careful moving teak on any roads these days.

We sold fifty tree back in April the permit to move them has not been approved yet.
Can fall the trees but it’s moving them is the problem.
Have been told the permit should be here next week although that has been said before. In normal times this took six weeks for approval. We had to put up signs on our property of the pending move had numerous officials here taking picture of trees, wife pointing at trees etc. My how things have changed.

No problem, having a licence for teak. And for any move of teak material or teak products we always get a paper from Forestry with all the details of the transfer.
Klondyke

Postby pipoz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Thought I would upload a few more House Designs from my Thai Book, while I waited for my roof tiles to arrive.

pipoz
Attachments
94_0001.jpg
No 94
96_0001.jpg
No 96
107_0001.jpg
No 107
112_0001.jpg
No 112
114_0001.jpg
No 114
115_0001.jpg
No 115
116_0001.jpg
No 116
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:30 pm

Day 95, Roof Framing complete and just waiting for confirmation of when the roof tiles will arrive.

No the house is not on a Slope (to use the Jeremy C word), its the way she held the Galaxy Tab

pipoz
Attachments
Day 95 Roof Frame Complete 23 August 2014 01.jpg
Day 95 Roof Framing 23 August 2014
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:49 pm

A bit more progress as the Fascia Board goes on. By my estimate the bottom of the fascia board is about 150 mm below the top of the concrete ring beam, so he got it right. I will eventually paint the fascia board, Black, to match the roof tiles, which are due in about 4 weeks.

So far he is an excellent roofer, but has poor taste in Music

pipoz
Attachments
Day 98 Fascia Board Installed 26 August 2014.jpg
Day 98 Fascia Board Installed
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:23 pm

A more level photograph approach

Excellent job so far, and would recommend this Guy

pipoz
Attachments
Day 98 Completed Roof Structure at Front - 26 August 2014.jpg
Roof Structure View from Front
Day 98 Completed Roof Structure at Front Right - 26 August 2014.jpg
Roof Structure View from Front Right
Roof Structure 03.jpg
Roof Structure Batten Fixing
pipoz

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:48 am

Just a word of warning in case it's needed, depending on whether you are having gutters or not,? they have a tendency to overhang the bottom tile quite a lot to let the water clear the facia and house ,which is ok if there is No gutters, but with gutters in a down pour the water over shoots . It's usually a matter of moving the 2nd bottom batten up a bit as most tiles can lap as much as you want. :?: :?:
Mike Judd

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story