Looking to Build a Thai Style Home...

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Looking to Build a Thai Style Home...

Postby daros » Mon May 01, 2006 9:20 am

Hi Everyone! I am interested in building a thai style home on some land that I own. I'm new at all of this so do any of you have any suggestions on what to start first. A friend of mine advised me to find an archetecture to get the drawing of the home done first. Is that right?
daros

Postby Kondee » Mon May 01, 2006 8:36 pm

Are you farang....aren´t you? Ummm... :roll: i am just curious because you wrote that you "own land". In fact a farang can not own land in thailand (an exception: maximum 1 rai if you pay 10 millions THB) .

However...yes first of all you should create your idea ...how does your house need look like....rooms....just make a simply drawning by yourself on paper......a drawning for yourself. You also can make it by software. There are some good software available.
Than if you are sure about it you need a architect for make it real for make a professional drawning and of course a plan.

Greetings
Kondee

Postby daros » Mon May 01, 2006 8:42 pm

No, I'm not a farang. Actually my relatives own land not me and I want to help with getting them a home.
daros

Postby Kondee » Mon May 01, 2006 8:49 pm

daros wrote:No, I'm not a farang. Actually my relatives own land not me and I want to help with getting them a home.

Oh, ok...i see. :)
Kondee

Postby dozer » Sat May 06, 2006 8:20 am

archetecture to get the drawing of the home done first. Is that right?
Yes that is the correct thing to do first. Then you can get the plan approved and go around and get various bids. Every builder you talk to will need to look at the plan.
dozer
Site Admin

Return to Your Building Story