Building in Bang Khla

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:52 am

PiP, looks ok now. I just have no confidence in painting plastic. Maybe things have improved over the years and it will be fine. It's sort of like car bodies; they are making everything plastic or composite of some kind and paint seems to stick and hold color. Let's hope for the best. (shoot for excellence, settle for superior)

Alan
Alan
Alan

Postby Alan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 pm

So the roofing continues. Kitchen area is almost done. Working on garage area. Eclectic installation continues slowly as there are only two.
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg
Alan
Alan

Postby Alan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:01 am

While the electric and roofing tiles are being installed I thought I would be proactive and order some fill dirt for the half moon driveway and the septic leach field (separate locations). Some folks from a farm nearby hired someone to excavate a few new ponds and were selling the dirt at a lower price than any other dirt we purchased so far. I was very insistent and clear on where and how much dirt was to be purchased and how it was to be distributed. (There is a very wide and fairly deep "Cong/Pond" in the front yard that I did not want to fill in at this time) The dirt arrived over the next two days along with a medium sized dozer that leveled out the dirt as the trucks arrived. At the end of the day, they had placed all of the dirt in the front yard filling in the "Cong" and nothing in the location for the leach field. I'm not sure where the translation broke down but it did. The front yard had to be filled in eventually but it was not scheduled at this time. It's aggravating not being there to manage the project. Fortunately it's in the budget.

So now I have ordered more dirt to supplement the leach field. It's been raining so we are waiting for the ground to dry up enough to get the trucks in. We are also ordering all of the house fans and bathroom exhaust fans to make sure the electrician provides the proper mounting surfaces and electrical wiring.

Part of the old barn was removed to allow the trucks to get in close enough to fill low areas.
Attachments
7.jpg
Front yard filled in
Alan
Alan

Previous

Return to Your Building Story