Building in Bang Khla

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:45 am

We had an issue the contractors, Roofing Steel and Roofing Shingles. it has now been corrected. So I think we are ready for shingles now.
Attachments
17.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
Angle Steel was added to the ends of the rafters to facilitate installation of the Facia
Alan
Alan
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:10 am

Facia/Bird Filter has been installed. A little hard to see but they are using a SCG Dry-Tech System for the Ridge and Hips. Reflective insulation should be delivered today.
Attachments
DryTech.jpg
Alan
Alan
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:35 am

Starting to install shingles. Part of Hip ridge installed. This DryTech system is quite a time saver for the contractor, though a little more expensive. Apparently he sees no value in safety gear.
Attachments
1.jpg
Alan
Alan
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby pipoz » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:44 am

Alan wrote:Starting to install shingles. Part of Hip ridge installed. This DryTech system is quite a time saver for the contractor, though a little more expensive. Apparently he sees no value in safety gear.


Hi Alan and do you plan to put gutters on your house

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 am

PiP, most certainly, gutters all around. about 105Lm of it. Today he is finishing up the side he is working on in the picture. Only a 3 person crew but he is moving pretty fast. The hole in the middle of the roof is for one of the septic vents. A bathroom is just below it.
Alan
Alan
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby pipoz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Alan wrote:PiP, most certainly, gutters all around. about 105Lm of it. Today he is finishing up the side he is working on in the picture. Only a 3 person crew but he is moving pretty fast. The hole in the middle of the roof is for one of the septic vents. A bathroom is just below it.


Hi Alan

I went looking for gutters trying to find a color (Charcoal Grey) to match my roof tile and fascia board color.

However, all I could find at Global, Thaiwasatdu etc, as a color gutter was White or Mission Brown :lol: I am not a fan of Mission Brown, so had to settle for a White gutter, which I will install on the Kitchen, Garage and Workshop, but not on the Main House. Will leave the main house without gutters

Good luck with your search for a color. If you find any other color other than White or Brown, please let me know if you find more colors out there

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 am

We have been buying SCG products and I have not checked to see what colors of gutter they offer. Can't you have it painted Charcoal Grey? Although I prefer a red color for this roof, I could live with white. I'll let you know what I find out.
Alan
Alan
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby pipoz » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:39 pm

Alan wrote:We have been buying SCG products and I have not checked to see what colors of gutter they offer. Can't you have it painted Charcoal Grey? Although I prefer a red color for this roof, I could live with white. I'll let you know what I find out.


Not sure that I could find a paint that would bond to PVC for the long tern and it would have to be a spray job to given an even/sooth finish.

Will just have to learn to live with white, which isn't to hard to do after a few Sangsom's and Coke :lol:

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:18 am

PiP, the gutters I plan on buying are metal so they could be painted another color. If you are perusing PVC gutters, I don't have any confidence in the finished quality if one were to paint them. last price on metal gutters was about 100thb per meter not including brackets or corner pieces.
Alan
Alan
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby pipoz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:51 am

Alan wrote:PiP, the gutters I plan on buying are metal so they could be painted another color. If you are perusing PVC gutters, I don't have any confidence in the finished quality if one were to paint them. last price on metal gutters was about 100thb per meter not including brackets or corner pieces.


Thanks Alan

Buy the way, whats your target date for completing your house

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:29 pm

PiP, I'm hoping mid summer but does it ever really end?
Alan
Alan
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby pipoz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:56 pm

Alan wrote:PiP, I'm hoping mid summer but does it ever really end?


No it doesn't finish after the house.

It starts again with the driveways & gates, fences if you haven't done them already, water features if you have a desire for one, soft landscaping and ???? :lol:

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 am

PiP, Exactly right!

I was calculating my half circle driveway yesterday. it's about 20m from the house to the road. (picture the front yard being a small pond) The fill dirt, stone, rebar and cement will add another 400,000thb to the project.
Alan
Alan
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:20 am

More progress on the roof
Attachments
28.jpg
Roof vents for the bathrooms
26.jpg
working on the back side
Alan
Alan
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby pipoz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi Alan

I left them a white PVC gutter to put up and it has turned out like this?

They painted the guttering and I am not sure what it really looks like close up or even what paint they used.

pipoz
Attachments
0000 HH Kitchen - External Painting  - 20 December 2017  (1).jpg
0000 HH Kitchen - External Painting - 20 December 2017 (1)
0000 HH Kitchen - External Painting  - 20 December 2017  (2).jpg
0000 HH Kitchen - External Painting - 20 December 2017 (2)
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest