Building in Bang Khla

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, fredlk

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:44 am

Ready for a top coat of concrete.
Attachments
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
Alan

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:29 pm

Alan wrote:Ready for a top coat of concrete.

Not quite, as usual they have used the lazy method of "lifting" the trench mess and will tell you everything will be okay because they lift it after the pour. and then they'll walk on it again and it will not do the job it was designed for; keeping the trench mess in the center of the concrete about to be poured.
I used Lanko to bind the two different concretes together, otherwise you can have the bottom planks separating from the top concrete.
The trench mesh should be held together with 9mm rebar, straight or deformed it doesn't matter. When you pour the concrete you'll find that the trench mesh will shift if not welded to rebar, with proper chairs under it.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Alan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:15 am

Hi Roger, the pictures I posted don't tell the whole story. I agree the process could have been better but let me tell you the rest of the story. After connecting all of the welded wire together my builder welded the wire to the rebar sticking out of the floor beams so it would not move (much). I'm not sure if you can see them but he made little concrete "chairs" throughout the floor. When pouring the cement he had to wheelbarrow most of it in place so he left the wire on the floor except for where he was pouring concrete. Where he was pouring he pulled the wire up on the chairs. The concrete was supposed to be 5cm thick but we changed it to ~9cm because he said it was too difficult to center the wire in such a small thickness. He also left sizable gaps between the ends of the planks and where the sides met any floor beams which required a little more cement but I think it adds a little more stability and support to each individual compartment (4mx4m area).

I think the final total of cement was 36m3. Will post some more pics soon.
Alan

Postby Alan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:36 am

Well the floor topping is done and their starting on the wall columns.
Attachments
10.jpg
Wall Columns
Alan

Postby Alan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:00 am

More wall columns. Larger wall columns are required to support the composite beams that will be made to span the 8-meter spans in the living room, bedroom 1 and kitchen.
Attachments
11.jpg
5.jpg
2.jpg
Alan

Postby Alan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:56 am

last of the wall columns
Attachments
6.jpg
8.jpg
Alan

Postby pipoz » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Nice steady progress

What ceiling height are to targeting and what roof pitch (Degrees) are you going for

Regards

Pipoz
pipoz

Postby Alan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:40 am

The ceiling height is 3.75m at the highest point. I want to go with a vaulted ceiling, not truly a vault but drops down around the edges maybe 30cm. Something I need to discuss with the contractor when I get there next month. The roof angle is 30 degrees so it will be quite high.
Alan

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:35 am

Alan wrote:The ceiling height is 3.75m at the highest point. I want to go with a vaulted ceiling, not truly a vault but drops down around the edges maybe 30cm. Something I need to discuss with the contractor when I get there next month. The roof angle is 30 degrees so it will be quite high.

Our finished height it about 3.6m in the lower section.

Something like this?

E3304492.jpg
Sometimewoodworker

Previous

Return to Your Building Story