Building in Bang Khla

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, fredlk

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Thu May 11, 2017 5:58 am

Sorry, my fingers are not typing what my brain is thinking. I agree, if I was there I could check by many methods, but I'm not there so I have to live with it. (Until I go there and confront them.)
my question about the sales receipts stating "300 CUBE" was what is the 300 cube? if you look at the enclosed receipt you will see it is for 8m3 @2,500=20,000thb. does anyone know what 300 CUBE means? I believe this is the concrete strength but I'm not familiar with this measurement.
Attachments
20170427_CPAC.jpg
Alan
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu May 11, 2017 6:32 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:I don't know who the supplier is, but CPAC have a really bad reputation and have been caught many times under loading and topping with water, which is the reason I didn't use them. The drivers also have a bad reputation for adding more water on the way.
Your only way of checking is by being there during a pour and climbing onto the back of the truck to check and using the crane.


Those comments may apply to your CPac batching plants they are not universal and certanly do not apply to either of the two CPac plants in our area
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu May 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Alan wrote:my question about the sales receipts stating "300 CUBE" was what is the 300 cube? if you look at the enclosed receipt you will see it is for 8m3 @2,500=20,000thb. does anyone know what 300 CUBE means? I believe this is the concrete strength but I'm not familiar with this measurement.

There is no strength of 300 cube. If I recall the strength is in Steng and is around the 800 to 1800 range. I might be wrong, it has been a long time.

Sometimewoodworker wrote:Those comments may apply to your CPac batching plants they are not universal and certanly do not apply to either of the two CPac plants in our area

My comments were directed in general, from what I have read in the complaints levelled against CPAC over the years I have lived here. CPAC had a deplorable reputation unless you went to the plant every time. The Thai English newspapers carried complaint after complaint, as did other forums.
I was lucky the rep from Fastcrete called around, otherwise I would have been searching for a cement supplier other than CPAC. There are now 5 suppliers within spitting distance of my house, none of them CPAC.
Even my lazy fly by night pool people refused to use CPAC as their supplier. CPAC built their reputation all by themselves without any help from outside.
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5197
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu May 11, 2017 12:31 pm

double post removed.
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5197
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Alan » Thu May 25, 2017 9:08 am

Anyone have recommendations on porch and stair railing? Exterior only. I have 3 sets of exterior stairs that need railing but I've not been able to find suitable/pricing.
Alan
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:01 am

Re: Building in Bang Khla

Postby Klondyke » Thu May 25, 2017 10:27 am

Alan wrote:Anyone have recommendations on porch and stair railing? Exterior only. I have 3 sets of exterior stairs that need railing but I've not been able to find suitable/pricing.

If it is to be made by wood, perhaps I could help you. You can contact me by PM.
Klondyke
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Previous

Return to Your Building Story

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest