Building Home with Aq home and Pd House In Korat

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building Home with Aq home and Pd House In Korat

Postby sirineou » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm

jimmylor wrote:Ok Ok.. I will stop this post now. People are to agressive here in this forum for me to go any futher.
All the negativ responses here before the building have even start, just make me want to stop sharing my story.
I am aware of all the risk of building in a house here in a foregn country. I have lived here in a town house for 10 years now.
I thougt it would be interesting for someone to read and follow and give me som advise on the way, without having to defending my choise of builder.

Thanks anyways!
8)

Not only negative responses :(
, many have expressed support and many others have not founded it appropriate to chime in yet, and are waiting for your build to start before joining in.
I wish you would reconsider, many people in this forum interested in your build.
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby terp80 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi tommylor: I totally agree with sirineou's comment above. I think what you call negative responses are simply words of caution based on what some others have seen or experienced. Essentially they are saying "just be careful." I, along with others, am very interested in your build! Whether it goes along smoothly or not. And not everyone else's has gone smoothly - to say the least. But we all learn from following these builds - from people like me, who have no building experience, to the accomplished builders. So please continue, now that we're past this point. And best of luck!! :)
terp80

Postby John » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 am

jimmylor wrote:Ok Ok.. I will stop this post now. People are to agressive here in this forum for me to go any futher.

To call this forum aggressive is an insult ! Be thankful for the warnings because many here have experienced the nightmares Thai constructors can create even when they have come recommended.

If you don’t have much construction experience and choose not to post your build here you are making a big mistake.

Good luck with your build.

PS
If you cant take a little heat don’t build a house in Thailand.
John

Postby gliffaes » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:30 am

jimmylor wrote:With all due respect mr. gliffaes, this story is gonna be based on "MY" experience- not others. And so far so good, actually very good.
And Gliffaes are your comment based on only one story that you read here? I have go looking at two other house build by PD House nearby and it seems to me that Pd House in Korat have a really good team of builders. Im not a expert in house building my selves, so i have give a little trust to them. I also gone use my wives uncle that have good experience in building house to be a "watch over" man for me. Him who have made the walls around my land by the way.
You can find a bad story in almost every builder you might find, any where- what ever country. The experience ti BKKBILL have had is no good, but that is made from another building team in another place of this country. Pd house is a franchise so its the owner and experience of the team is who makes the finite result. So anyway this will be my experience and that's why i want to tell abut it if its gone be god or bad.

Having "actually" built a house here I have seen what goes on and its widespread from poor concrete mixing to being unable to fasten in screws, its your money, the board is for advice, you can take it or leave it, how about you started building to find out PD ended up like the other house they built?
So do you know exactly what team you are going to get to build this house as many of these workers are transient?
The Two other house you looked at, were they completed as in rendered? many things can be hidden by concrete that's for sure.
Finishing work is also something I have not seen to be so good here either, they might get the structure right but seem to lack good finishing skills.
Am I painting a negative picture.....well YES as it was MY MONEY going out the window.
Currently having a wall built with leaning posts and chipped cracked panels all are PRE CAST like a PD HOUSE would be, and I thought how could they possibly ruin a wall.
Thais are VERY good at sweet talking before they have your money.
gliffaes

Postby gliffaes » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:02 am

One other thing you need to look at is when the PD house build went wrong how did HEAD OFFICE deal with it?
gliffaes

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:21 am

jimmylor,
All the negativ responses here before the building have even start, just make me want to stop sharing my story.

If you would care to read my build, in which I think the first 20 pages were consumed with advice, planning, re-planning, more advise (whether it be "aggressive" or not), I soldiered on because that was the reason I joined the forum. Well, that and apetley's build in Don Kau It, Kachanaburi who/which set the bar so high for a build in Thailand (even with all its problems), somebody at least had to try and climb there and see if they could do as well or even better.
I'm sure I caused everyone here, including myself, many sleepless nights with the changes I made at various stages because of "aggressive advise", negative comments, what I wanted, and what other people wanted, but in the and I stuck to posting religiously (with many photos) because I needed all the help I could get and my English was "bad" and needed improvement. I took the good with the bad, and the bad was far worse than the good, but the advice I got here was sound. I weighed each bit of advise carefully and compared it with what that person had done or said before. I agreed with some advise and discarded other advise because it did not sit well in my mind, which is what you should do.
Building here is not easy because of the language barrier, greed, bad workmanship, lack of education and a hundred and one other problems that arise during a build, but, not for one minute would I have expected it to be easy and it wasn't, but I rolled with the punches and so far have not regretted too much, except not owning a Jaguar car.
There is no running and hiding on a build, especially if it goes tits up, or you made a mistake, or the builder did, or there are floods, or the supplier lets you down, or the builder does a runner, or their work is sloppy, you just have to listen to the advise given, the help offered (and in my build there was plenty of that, thank you everyone) and keep going.
I'd be really disappointed if you just refused to continue with posting your build (with photos please, we love photos), because there have been negative comments from another forum, members of this forum and/but also sage advise, thrown in along the way by members with positive and negative experiences.
That's what this forum is for, the positive and the negative, otherwise it would not be the respected forum it is.
Good luck with your house. Please reconsider about posting here.
Roger Ramjet

Postby gliffaes » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Suspect pd troll at work here as the Teak door guy has been forced to remove his postings on their alleged crap work ( note alleged :wink: )
gliffaes

Postby fredlk » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:12 pm

gliffaes wrote:Teak door guy has been forced to remove his postings on their alleged crap work ( note alleged :wink: )

I saw the photographic evidence of their shocking work. For me it's fact. Even your work is of a higher standard although your materials are a little suspect. :lol:
fredlk

Postby gliffaes » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:39 pm

fredlk wrote:
gliffaes wrote:Teak door guy has been forced to remove his postings on their alleged crap work ( note alleged :wink: )

I saw the photographic evidence of their shocking work. For me it's fact. Even your work is of a higher standard although your materials are a little suspect. :lol:

Fred doesnt matter "here" if its fact or not if it damages the company concerned you are in the do do............a stupid law if ever I saw one and MY reason for saying "alleged" I think we both know how good PD's work was in this case hence the wink :wink:
gliffaes

Postby BKKBILL » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Thought jimmylor might have had second thoughts and start posting his PD house build but guess as he said we are too aggressive. Good thing he didn’t start on TD. :mrgreen:

Anyway there is another PD build nearing completion on TD, a good read by stevefarang.

http://teakdoor.com/construction-in-tha ... athom.html
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby gliffaes » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Thought jimmylor might have had second thoughts and start posting his PD house build but guess as he said we are too aggressive. Good thing he didn’t start on TD. :mrgreen:

Anyway there is another PD build nearing completion on TD, a good read by stevefarang.

http://teakdoor.com/construction-in-tha ... athom.html

And he says he wants PD outta there asap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gliffaes

Previous

Return to Your Building Story