Building Home with Aq home and Pd House In Korat

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Building Home with Aq home and Pd House In Korat

Postby jimmylor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:29 pm

I just signed a contract with AQ-home with a house build completely from start to finite.
The price is more expensive pr.m2 than if i choose a local builder, but i feel the job is gone be made professionally so that's why i choose this company.
AQ-home is a company under Pd House Thailand, and specialize in building houses i the price range 2-3.5 mill bath.

The design i choose is this one and the contract is for 2.5 mill thb :
http://www.aqhome.co.th/plan.php?main_i ... lan_id=173

And builders company.
http://pd.co.th/v5/th/index.php

Since i not see any post on this site with the experience from AQ-home, i would like to share my experience here for the others that might consider using AQ-Home or Pd House
The building will be finite in about 11 month.
jimmylor

Re: Building Home with Aq home and Pd House In Korat

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:20 pm

You might want to look at this story about PD homes before putting up your cash,

http://teakdoor.com/construction-in-tha ... llion.html
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby gliffaes » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:24 am

BKKBILL wrote:You might want to look at this story about PD homes before putting up your cash,

http://teakdoor.com/construction-in-tha ... llion.html

YES fer gawd's sake read this thread from start to finish QUICKLY.
It does look like they franchise this business out also, so you could end up with........ the local builder.
I still maintain the ONLY way to get a good house built is being on site daily.
gliffaes

Postby william » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 am

Hi , I am new here and I read your story and you made a good decision to build your home from a reputed building company because they have a good experience to build any kind of home.
william

Postby MGV12 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:03 am

william wrote:Hi , I am new here and I read your story and you made a good decision to build your home from a reputed building company because they have a good experience to build any kind of home.

You base that comment on previous experience William?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby jimmylor » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:46 pm

First of all i have to excuse for my English….its not 100 %, but i will try my best. :shock:
Thank you BKKBILL for sharing your story with your pd house experience. I let the manager for Pd House Korat look at this story. They all agreed that this was very poor labor and the ensured me that this is not how they do it with with Pd House here in Korat. In fact the were very embarrassed about this and they almost couldn't believe this was a PD House project.

So long for my experience, it have been very good. Every communication and follow up has been excellent, thanks to the nice woman that work in AQ home /Pd house Korat. She is really a great catch for this company. She calls us at least 2 times every week.
The start of building will be in about 2 week now.

Our land is 1/2 rai and we finite the side walls with a local builder in the village. I waited with the front so it will be easy for the cars that the will bring all the materials.
Soon i will leave this country for about 2 week and then i will come back again so then i will hope for the best :P
jimmylor

Postby gliffaes » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:41 pm

jimmylor wrote:First of all i have to excuse for my English….its not 100 %, but i will try my best. :shock:
Thank you BKKBILL for sharing your story with your pd house experience. I let the manager for Pd House Korat look at this story. They all agreed that this was very poor labor and the ensured me that this is not how they do it with with Pd House here in Korat. In fact the were very embarrassed about this and they almost couldn't believe this was a PD House project.

So long for my experience, it have been very good. Every communication and follow up has been excellent, thanks to the nice woman that work in AQ home /Pd house Korat. She is really a great catch for this company. She calls us at least 2 times every week.
The start of building will be in about 2 week now.

Our land is 1/2 rai and we finite the side walls with a local builder in the village. I waited with the front so it will be easy for the cars that the will bring all the materials.
Soon i will leave this country for about 2 week and then i will come back again so then i will hope for the best :P

Of course they will tell you "anything" the proof will be in the completed building and if you are not there i would be EXTREMELY wary.
gliffaes

Postby terp80 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:20 am

Haha. Sounds like "William" the "Engineer" may be the engineer for PD house. Also, I note he joined the forum the same day he posted his comment. :lol:
terp80

Postby pipoz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:25 pm

A House Builders Reputation is only as good as his Site Manager/Supervisor, that he elects/chooses to put on your house job. If he puts his best man on your house, then you will most likely get a good outcome. If he puts a newly hired or lesser experienced Site Manager/Supervisor on your house then you will only get what that chap knows. Its Russian roulete.

If I was to build a house (and not be there myself to watch/inspect most of the time) then I would hire my own “Clerk of Works”, most likely a semi retired person from the building industry that I knew. Someone to oversee all the major risk areas, such as reinforcement & concrete placement, steel roof framing etc. Whether you hire him on a full time or part time basis, to pop in a see/check, obviously depend on your budget and or how you view that Builders & his Supervisors capability/honesty.

To leave your house quality, particularly that of your structure elements, in the hands of an unknown person/supervisor, just because the Builder (and I am talking about those in Thailand) has some sort of past reputation, is for me, just too risky, to save a few bucks.

What’s your own “Clerk of Works”, (semi retired local person) going to cost you, (in Thailand), my view is, probably TB 2000 per part of a day, say every 2 or 3 days, (12 days a month) say TB 24,000 to 30,000 per month) for say a 3 to 4 month period. In short, I would pay TB 100,000 - 120,000 for peace of mind and have someone I trusted to oversee my most important life time investment and make sure I got what I was paying for. What’s that, about 5% of your house cost.

Just my 2 cents worth
:roll:
pipoz

Postby sirineou » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:12 pm

I don't know AQ and PD builders so I have no comment on this, the only thing that I can say about that is that, the PD problems detailed in the TD story could have been a problem limited with that particular building crew, and not indicative of all PD building projects, so since your building crew say that this is not the way they do things, it might be a good ideas to check some of their projects and talk to some of their customers about their experience with this particular PD crew.
I looked at your Model and floor plans and I really like the design, I love the two car garage space, and the porch (deck) space in the back next to the kitchen, It looks like it is covered by the bedroom upstairs, and it would be great place seat outside and enjoy a meal. You might want to consider running a drain there for a sink and electric , so that in the future you could set up an outside kitchen if you wanted.
I look for ward to reading your building srory espesialy since I like your model and will consider building something similar.

Good Luck :)
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby jimmylor » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:29 pm

With all due respect mr. gliffaes, this story is gonna be based on "MY" experience- not others. And so far so good, actually very good.
And Gliffaes are your comment based on only one story that you read here? I have go looking at two other house build by PD House nearby and it seems to me that Pd House in Korat have a really good team of builders. Im not a expert in house building my selves, so i have give a little trust to them. I also gone use my wives uncle that have good experience in building house to be a "watch over" man for me. Him who have made the walls around my land by the way.
You can find a bad story in almost every builder you might find, any where- what ever country. The experience ti BKKBILL have had is no good, but that is made from another building team in another place of this country. Pd house is a franchise so its the owner and experience of the team is who makes the finite result. So anyway this will be my experience and that's why i want to tell abut it if its gone be god or bad.
jimmylor

Postby John » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:20 pm

jimmylor wrote: Pd house is a franchise so its the owner and experience of the team is who makes the finite result.

McDonalds is a franchise but that does not mean you get a good quality burger in Bangkok and a poor one in Phuket. Its all about making sure each of your franchises work to a standard which is sadly something Thai companies are not good at PD home included.
John

Postby sirineou » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 pm

This is not a thread on the merits or shortfalls of PD.
Some of as made our concerns about PD known, as we should,and Jimmylor is aware of them
Jimmylor is by now familiar with the TD story about PD and after talking with his particular PD building crew, and seeing their work on other projects , is sufficiently confident to hire them for his build, and kind enough to share his experience with us.
I think If people are still not satisfied ,perhaps some one can start an other thread about PD where further discussion on the subject can take place,
as for me... I look forward to reading Jimmylor's building story, learning from him , and if possible provide some positive feed back.
thank him for taking the time to share with us, and wish him the best of luck. :)
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:34 pm

Whole heartily agree sirineou. :mrgreen:

I for one am looking forward to this build. It is a shame jimmyor was put in a position of having to defend his comments after checking out his builder. The reason I posted about PD House was to give a heads up of a thread I read on TD.

As for my build for the most part it went quite well this being the land of smiles and all that. Just one correction it was not my build that was done by PD House.

Many here have tried and/or are doing their own builds some with success others not so much. Always wondered why anyone without building experience or the time would want to take on something as costly as this in a foreign country. Just reading these threads should be enough to know it isn't easy or cost effective.

With that, if you have checked out the work of your chosen builder franchise or not and happy with that I say carry on, you just might save yourself a whole lot of hurt and money.

An old saying is “the proof is in the pudding” kind of like time will tell.

Indeed best of luck jimmyor and thanks for sharing.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby jimmylor » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Ok Ok.. I will stop this post now. People are to agressive here in this forum for me to go any futher.
All the negativ responses here before the building have even start, just make me want to stop sharing my story.
I am aware of all the risk of building in a house here in a foregn country. I have lived here in a town house for 10 years now.
I thougt it would be interesting for someone to read and follow and give me som advise on the way, without having to defending my choise of builder.

Thanks anyways!
8)
jimmylor

Next

Return to Your Building Story