Budget Build in Issan

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Budget Build in Issan

Postby gliffaes » Mon May 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Looks like a typical codge Thai style "dont care" type of construction to me..............but then again, they dont care.
My maid had no interest in the maids house I built and would have been as happy in a corrugated hut.
Up to them I cant live like that.
If your paying I'd put my foot down, if not who cares.
gliffaes

Postby Tommy » Mon May 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Same situation as me. Haha. One of my columns was set at a wrong distance. Thou I mentioned it right when they mark out locations, ended up no change.
Thou build progress is moving daily, the end result wun be like what I planned out.

Take a chill pill and observe is the best.. When u get to be really in charge the next time, you will know what to do / look out for.
Tommy

Postby MaiKowJai » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 am

Things are progressing quickly on our build. I have taken the recommended chill pill and it has helped. We all took a ten day break as everyone needed to get the rice in and I need a mental health break. Everyone returned on time and things have started going forward. Since the last update the upstairs has been clad in Shera wood and the downstairs blockwork is almost done.

I don't really have any interesting photos at this point but if anything interesting comes up I will be sure to share. The only headache since the last update was some confusion about the kitchen sink that will require some concrete removal and the stairs being put in too steep. Now that I think of it, I will try to get a photo of the stairs in soon because I like the way they were done with the exception of the steepness. The stairs have a landing and turn 90 degrees at about the 4th step from the bottom. The lower steps and landing are block/concrete construction and the remainder are wood. Saved a bit of money (and complexity) doing it this way and I think once it is complete it will look ok.
MaiKowJai

Postby thaicbr » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:49 pm

MaiKowJai wrote:Things are progressing quickly on our build. I have taken the recommended chill pill and it has helped. We all took a ten day break as everyone needed to get the rice in and I need a mental health break. Everyone returned on time and things have started going forward. Since the last update the upstairs has been clad in Shera wood and the downstairs blockwork is almost done.

I don't really have any interesting photos at this point but if anything interesting comes up I will be sure to share. The only headache since the last update was some confusion about the kitchen sink that will require some concrete removal and the stairs being put in too steep. Now that I think of it, I will try to get a photo of the stairs in soon because I like the way they were done with the exception of the steepness. The stairs have a landing and turn 90 degrees at about the 4th step from the bottom. The lower steps and landing are block/concrete construction and the remainder are wood. Saved a bit of money (and complexity) doing it this way and I think once it is complete it will look ok.

All pictures are good pictures.. example "upstairs clad in Sherawood" what do you mean.. a picture is like a thousand words.

So pictures please..pretty please :D
thaicbr

Postby MaiKowJai » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:33 pm

By Shera wood I mean the concrete fiber board stuff, http://www.mahaphant.com/en/our-products/product-shera.jsp
MaiKowJai

Previous

Return to Your Building Story