WANGSOMBOON BUILD & NO-NONSENSE FARANG

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: WANGSOMBOON BUILD & NO-NONSENSE FARANG

Postby maximus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:29 pm

mozzies ...can of.. OFF..repellent @ approx 130 baht , will fix this up.

maximus
maximus

Postby MyobJefke » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:50 pm

update

Still waiting for new electric pole 9m height for finish electrical supply.

I'll share today about the access-road
traject-fai.jpg
the green line gives the traject of theaccess-road

There was already an access fromthe street to the pond. We had to fill the part near the pond till our land.
Ordered 10 big lorries to complete the access-road.
Price/lorry 1000bath/lorry included tractor to level

Some pics
1358068090011.jpg
first trucks unloaded and leveled
1358068090011.jpg (26.53 KiB) Viewed 731 times

1358068447909.jpg
1358068447909.jpg (26.43 KiB) Viewed 731 times

1358073669353.jpg
1358073669353.jpg (29.13 KiB) Viewed 731 times

1358074749388.jpg
last truck unloaded and leveled
1358074749388.jpg (25.71 KiB) Viewed 731 times

The concrete drain-pipes are waiting for put in position the next day.
These will allow the water from rain passing the access-road (lowest point of the surrounding area.
More about this tomorrow
MyobJefke

Postby Maseratimartin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:51 am

You did aks for septic tank prices on another building story....

Our 1000liter septic tank was 3200bath ...the bigger ones about 3500bath!
Bought in Sakeaw the shop to the left after BIG C....tanks are stored in front!

There is also a material shop before you come to Sakeaw on the left where they have them to similar price.
This shop has good prices on roof steel.

Just my experience....there are 2 material shops before Khao Chakan and one directly after....where I ordered once and never again.
They are also popular to cheat even on locals!
Deliver rotten wood....8cbm sand was more like 4-5cbm...and so on...

Ready mix concrete:
Again one shop short before Sakeaw on the left....normal price but quality and amount fitts!
Another shop closer to you....between Khao Chakan and Wangnamien, what we had to use once when the Sakaew shop had a problem on their machinery, ...cheats on the amount....known...but locals do not complain as he is good friend with the police boss!
I just know when I ordered in Sakeaw I had always enough or even more that I did smal parts of the walkway. The only time I took the shop ...we had to mix 1cbm by hand!
Maseratimartin

Postby MyobJefke » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Thanks Martin for your answers.
This info is very helpfull.
MyobJefke

Postby unclezillion » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:08 pm

MyobJefke wrote:

Galee wrote:A problem with 'open concept' designs are insects. If you can keep the mosquitoes out fine. If not make sure your covered up and have plenty of repellent.

rigth.... many weeds and plants will integrated inside and outside :D

I have found that where I have no plants I have no mosquitoes like around my house and where there are plants there are mosquitoes

This is quite correct because mosquitoes feed on the sap from plants, you must also take into consideration that any standing water needs bottom feeding fish to
eat any larvae.

Also new information about DEET becoming less effective http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21519998
unclezillion

Postby jazzman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:36 pm

MyobJefke wrote:.
Ordered 10 big lorries to complete the access-road.
Price/lorry 1000bath/lorry included tractor to level

Sounds rather expensive to me. 300 - 500 baht is the norm round here including the tractor. Check out the dedicated thread on this board about fill dirt to see what other CTH members have paid.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby Maseratimartin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Cheapest what I got in Sakeaw area was 550 with tractor ...500 without.
But prices did also vary up to 750 (700) depending on supply.

Currently it could be expensive as they do the main road from Sakeaw to Chantaburi; 1 to 2 lanes.
A lot of filling to be done and so the smal house builder could suffer....
Maseratimartin

Postby MyobJefke » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Maseratimartin wrote:Cheapest what I got in Sakeaw area was 550 with tractor ...500 without.
But prices did also vary up to 750 (700) depending on supply.

Currently it could be expensive as they do the main road from Sakeaw to Chantaburi; 1 to 2 lanes.
A lot of filling to be done and so the smal house builder could suffer....

Thanks for replies,
Dirtfill, as you can see in my last pic, at the right of the accessroad, is available in my area at 500 bath/10weel-lorry. This dirt doesn't compact very well and get easy soft when raining.
The dirt to make the road is an other quality as it NOT keep any water an get very solid when get compacted in the time. Here the tessabaan uses it for secondary roads.
MyobJefke

Postby MyobJefke » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:43 am

Hi,
can someone tell me what this is?
Picture is from septic tank, but i not understand what i see??? :shock:
1361793917724.jpg
Make, size and labels on the tank. Exterior view

1361889999059.jpg
Miao shows height of wire-mesh in other pic

1361903157305.jpg
inside SEPTIC tank

1361903166150.jpg
Closer view of inside tank

I really not understand what i see in the tank.
Before i read in this forum that members first tested if the tank not was leaking. can someone tell me the test-procedure, was it done before the tank put in the hole, how to empty again, etc...

above tanks are available for 3300bath for 1000l tank.

Thanks for comments.
MyobJefke

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 am

MyobJefke,
MyobJefke wrote:Picture is from septic tank, but i not understand what i see?

Septic tanks are have an inlet and an outlet pipe. The outlet pipe will have some sort of "block" on it to stop solids leaving the tank. The easiest way to test the septic tank without wasting water is to dig the hole for it, put your sand and gravel or concrete base in, then lower the tank into place, fill with water and see if it leaks. If it does you'll need to use a pump to take out the water. If it doesn't then your off and running, just connect the inlet and outlet pipes with the rubber gaskets that came with it.
The septic tank works on natural enzymes, you do not have to do anything so long as you have it in the right way. The solids go in (as well as the liquids) and if they float at the start they are blocked from leaving. As the enzymes work they break down all the solids so all you have at the outlet is liquid. Don't forget to have a French drain at the outlet.
Roger Ramjet

Postby gliffaes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:38 am

Seriously just buy some of the concrete rings and make one a lot cheaper and just a s good if not better.....if you can
gliffaes

Postby Shastadad » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:11 am

This is going to be a long build if you post every question you have here

You should really be reviewing the various sections here at CHT to see if the information has already been posted. For your question about the septic tank here is a thread discussing the various options for septic under the water and plumbing sub forum

Septic System Design

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2094
Shastadad

Postby Maseratimartin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:05 am

My tank looks similar...

Usually there is also a bag with some start up enzym set included.

I didn't use the rubber attachments.
On my one the 4" pipes were fitting so perfect that I just add some silicon and fine.
Maybe because the rubber pieces with the cheap clamps were such a crap...

After digging out a hole I poured a thinn leveled conrete base in exact high to make the later installation easier.
Tank in and filled with water ...ensured no leakage and filled soil around!
Usually they extend the upper cover slighly by a "Ipmon" (smal red clay bricks) ring.
I found a proper fitting plastic tank to extend it and fine...
septic tank extension.JPG
Maseratimartin

Postby MyobJefke » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Thanks for all replies.
only still not understand what i see about the inside of the tank.
I suddenly had to return last week back to Belgium and got this info by pics, send by miao.
MyobJefke

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:03 pm

MyobJefke,
There is nothing inside the tank except for the solid waste block which can be a mesh (as in your case) or other forms of plastic that block solids from leaving. The solid waste enters the septic tank and then sinks to the bottom where enzymes and microbes from your body waste act with each other to break down the solid waste even further so that it becomes a liquid. It is a natural reaction that happens in septic tanks. It doesn't need a starter as the solid waste has already got all the microbes and enzymes in it after it passes through your body. It's rather like you eating food and what comes out is solid waste, but in this case it's reversed, you start with solids and fluids and end up with fluids.
The water that enters the septic tank (waste water) should be free from grease etc that can stop or block the natural process. Once the waste becomes a liquid it will flow out of the septic tank and should flow along a serrated pipe where it will leach into the ground. The area around the leaching will be very fertile for all plants.
If you are going to put in an earth rod for your electricity that is the place for it.
It's a very simple set-up, one pipe from your toilets and sink water in, one pipe out. What's in the tank does all the work. If you're really worried that it won't work you can kick start the whole process by buying various "starters" from HomePro and other outlets at a very cheap price.
Roger Ramjet

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story