WANGSOMBOON BUILD & NO-NONSENSE FARANG

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

WANGSOMBOON BUILD & NO-NONSENSE FARANG

Postby MyobJefke » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:53 pm

A few days ago i posted some info about myself at the"Introduce Yourself"-forum.
The introduction showed already some pics of our proporty and now i will continu in this forum with the upcoming experiences :D
In the electric-forum i replied already about some information in the "Electricity . Poles and cable..."-topic.
After we finished the erection of the poles, it became soon clear that "someone has f..ck.d-up" something with the land-limits....

TIT.... how issues in LOS.

Previously i had already mentioned a few times to my partner/GF Miao that something not very clear about the borders of the plot we bought, but as useall it was replied with a "mai pen rai", and... for keep peace...i let it for what it was....

2 days later.... the neighbour of an adjacent plot of land, who had agreed that we cross his property with our overhead-line (under condition that we not trouble his agriculture activities), clamed that 1 of the poles was positioned 4m (2wah) on his land, although the pole-contractor has followed the instructions, about the borders, of our previous landowner, some strange things came up... :?

some facts beside....
1. landplots i that area SHOULD have same lenght... plot of neighbour is 80 m more in lenght ????????????
2. previous owner from our land bought this land from "Por Jai Baan"...
3. Previous owner never really verified the borders of the land she bought from the Por Jai Baan....
4. we.... my gf.... bought the land for a fix (high) price of 100.000 bath/rai, included an access-road and the use of the already existing pond, so i
worried not to much, because i should get rais for the selling-price ( and the landborders not so important for me).

To make all things clear for now and alltime.... i insisted that all parties involved should come together (difficult farang make issues... 555) as happened the morning after...

results...

After consulting the land-owners-papers from the complaining neighbour..... and the memory (???????) of the PorJai Baan......
it was fairly clear that our plot on could have a width of 42m.
The land sold to us had a width going from 50 to 54m.... oops..... so in fact the previous landowner had taken land from neighbour and sold to us the land from our neighbour :?
After a few minutes of "Thai conferencing ????", following was agreed....
1. Neighbour will give from his land to us, for the part we have a common boundary :D ???
2. I was hoping that the Por jai Baan should make conclussions about the length of the plots...... NOPE
3. Excluding the land we got from the neighbour, we still missing 400 m2 from our "already yet payed land"....

TIT.... putted me again with my bigg feet on the ground.....
conclussions.... for me...
Even the previous owner is still a neighbour ( access road still on her land, 95% of pond is his property), i nothing want have to do with this kind of people..
The respect and confidence for the authority "Por Jai Baan" is far below zero.
Now have to convince the gf to go over to "action for recuperating the missing land or money :wink:

waiting yr reactions and advices

Yesterday the contractor for the poles have replaced the wrong located pole and in the meantime i ordered 3more electric poles 6m height for the future extension towards the build on the hill.

Today the "chang fai" started cabling the overhead-line.... 2x300m 50mm2. Tomorrow more on this subject about the progress.
MyobJefke

Re: WANGSOMBOON BUILD & NO-NONSENSE FARANG

Postby gliffaes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:53 pm

Doubt youll get 1satang back, they willthink up the most bizarre reasons not to give you anything.
gliffaes

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Was the land office not involved in this transaction?

Buying land in Thailand normally incurs a transfer tax payable at the time chanote passes hands thus protecting both buyer and seller. If this is a deal of he said she said then good luck.........
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby pipoz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Did my land purchase through the local Land Office with some help. I paid the LO a nominal amount to come survey the land, (think it was TB 3,000) check the Chanote concrete blocks, give me a survey drawing with coordinates/perimeter lengths in English.

Then through my TG, I compensated local Red Party Member a little amount and gave him some booze to help her and oversee the payments of the deposit & final amount (at transfer) to the Land Owner and also the payments of the transfer tax to the Land Office. Land transfer tax was much less than what I thought it would, and all up I gave him under TB10,000 to help. Didn't use a Lawyer and it all worked out fine

pipoz
pipoz

Postby maximus » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:41 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Was the land office not involved in this transaction? ..

doing my best, in reading between the lines and hassles ,myob plot is farm land.

no need for land office t/f, myob maybe kind enough to correct me if my assumption is wrong :D

and myob best of luck on your project

maximus
maximus

Postby MyobJefke » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:46 pm

_GGD0183.jpg
this view gives the desired details....
wide overhanging roof.... concrete construction.... many windows out of direct sunshine..... open design with accent for the views.
gliffaes wrote:Doubt youll get 1satang back, they willthink up the most bizarre reasons not to give you anything.

hi gliffaes,

I not really worry about the few satangs more or less...
More important for me is the fact that i can use this situation to put some "pressure" ..... first to the gf for letting her be more carefull and "NOT BELIEVE ALL thai PEOPLE TALK HER" :) and ... second to the old owner/ now neighbour that favours will sure NOT repeat.

I'll see what's coming up about this.... because old owner say before that he would compensate the land....

I only am really interested how they try get out of this situation.

At the other hand.... i really feel sorry for the neighbour who lost his land and it hard for me to accept those kind of situations... TIT

Already last year i was reading yr buildingstory, about your attempt to built yr dream in an alternatif way, not cutting the edges but finding solutions for a tight budget.
Your situation is a little bit similar..... knowing clear what i want, but find a way to make it true with limited funds.

My NO-NONSENSE build will refer to a wonderfull dwelling already built near Phuket..
I NOT want simply copy.... only take few idea's who give me the posibility to construct a house for this tropical area's with basic trades thai-craftmen can do, under condition that they give the right attention to work adequate.
I not really in a hurry and still have to convince myself that i will be able to find the right labour, the right motivation for my gf to support me in this building-proces.

Above pic and many others can be seen on http://www.damazamya.com/

NO-NONSENSE in me dreambuilding need to be....
not too much rooms.... not too bigg building... adapted to outdoor-life in thailand... possible to construct with basic thai trades... decent longlasting quality without hidden "edge-cutters".... and fitting in a tight budget :) what means.... realistic finishing demands and avoiding exaggerating western demands in finishings.

i know..... it will not be easy....
but i know... it must be possible....
and...
realising a dream is still "bigg fun" for me :)
MyobJefke

Postby MyobJefke » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:00 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Was the land office not involved in this transaction?

Buying land in Thailand normally incurs a transfer tax payable at the time chanote passes hands thus protecting both buyer and seller. If this is a deal of he said she said then good luck.........

Yess....
Bill.... you read very well between the lines...
This concerns farmerland, what will be changed in the near future to a sort of "chanote-land".
that and the location fron the hill, wonderfull views and very near a local village +/- 4-5000 people made it worth go along with the thai in buying this plot.
Normally i never will have problems with landoffices, permissions and other western demands for construct a nice home in a wonderfull scene for my old days.

Some other pics from inspiring designs :)
Attachments
modern-country-homes-circular-views-10.jpg
circular home
modern-country-homes-circular-views-17.jpg
floorplan from circular home
modern-country-homes-circular-views-4.jpg
open for views to the surroundings/ closed for little privacy
MyobJefke

Postby MyobJefke » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:04 pm

Sorry Maximus.... you also can read good between the lines :wink:
not give enough attention to yr post
anyway... thanks all for yr replies

Jos
MyobJefke

Postby maximus » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:26 pm

MyobJefke wrote:This concerns farmerland, what will be changed in the near future to a sort of "chanote-land".

hi myob
would nt be caught holding my breath on that change

maximus
maximus

Postby MyobJefke » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:44 pm

maximus wrote:
MyobJefke wrote:This concerns farmerland, what will be changed in the near future to a sort of "chanote-land".

hi myob
would nt be caught holding my breath on that change

maximus

TIT :) mai pen rai
MyobJefke

Postby Max&Bee-in-CM » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Interesting design... will make for a fascinating build... not sure your experience but I strongly recommend getting up to speed on western construction standards & methods to properly control the build quality.
Please check out our YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/KiddieToysReview
"Toys & Fun with Ely & Ela"
Max&Bee-in-CM

Postby MyobJefke » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:17 am

Max&Bee-in-CM wrote:Interesting design... will make for a fascinating build... not sure your experience but I strongly recommend getting up to speed on western construction standards & methods to properly control the build quality.

Max,

Sure i will apply western construction standards and will check myself that they will properly adapted.
Thats the reason why i want start with the construction of the little shed.... to find out if this is possible to do with thai labour :(

Since a week i started talking with i young local man, 8 years experience in building/construction as a forman,in bigger building companies,all around in thailand. Now i am still finding out if he have the right spirit... to move away from "the by farang-hated thai construction mentality" and able to control a few local labour...
At the other hand... i am many times impressed what thais can construct with a real minimum of equipment and tools...

Max, yr build shows clearly that it IS really possible to let them work properly.... with the right supervision and close follow-up. Well done
MyobJefke

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:44 am

If you just have a quick look at my build (Slow build between Kosumpisi- Khon Kaen) you will see that I tested out my guys with a Garage/Workshop first, and apart from my wanting expansion joints in the slab I let them go for it ,with them showing great ingenuity as far as setting up a bench for bending all the steel etc;. If you are lucky as I was in having someone who had plenty of experience as far as concreting/block laying/rendering and even all sorts of Tiling, you will be O.K. But you ,still need to be on-site most of the time.
Mike Judd

Postby merry-terry » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:52 pm

:) i'm looking forward to this, booked my seat, now for the "new-build". Best of luck. 8)
merry-terry

Postby MyobJefke » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Update

Yesterday the "chang fai" started with pulling the cables for the overhead electrical supply. Everything passed smooth, although many trees of the property from one of the neighbours have to be trimmed (already known before start of the works, included in the lumpsump-fixing price of 3000 bath).
As i mentioned before, the first part of the traject was ON the property of a neighbour, which easely gave his approval (payed 1000 bath goodwill) to use a few of his already existing poles (3 pcs) and the placement of 3 new poles more till the border of his land.

traject-fai.jpg
red line give traject of electrical overhead-line
2013-02-02 12.10.51.jpg
chang fai in action on neighbours land
2013-02-02 12.10.37.jpg
chang fai in action

This morning they continued with the second part.... crossing the other neighbours land (the neighbour who lost some land - see previous posts).
Due to the uneven slope we already had decided, to not disturbing that neighbours farming activities, to use 1 pole 9 m height, because the distance between the poles was 60m (normal 40m intersection).
At this point, by destressing the cable, after anchroching on the pole,..... The overhead line passed only 250cm above groundlevel at one point of the neighbours land. :roll:
Decision was taken immediately.... we ordered 1 pole more 9m height (to install on first neighbours proporty) and.... we will reinforce the upright stability of 3 other poles, which allows us to pass that property without putting an extra pole on that land (no permission).
Electrical works where stopped, one of the electrical team them started digging the holes for the reinforcement (pictures will follow).
tommorow they will concreting. Electrical works will continue when new pole 9m arrives and installed.... promised for this week.
will keep you updated.
extra price for reinforcement of the 3 poles.... 1000 bath labour-1380 bath for sand/riverstones/cement and 5 concrete poles 250cm... no extra for the cabling, because works stopped instantly.
MyobJefke

Next

Return to Your Building Story