New build. Udon Thani

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: New build. Udon Thani

Postby Galee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:14 am

Eventual height was 3.2.
Galee

Postby Sunpax » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Very hight !!! mine are 3.10 upstairs and 2.95 dowstairs...and when I speak or sing ;) lolll.. its sound like a cathedral :(

I think to put maybe some bambou thinks in the future...

but must say that its great upstairs for the warm
Sunpax

Postby Galee » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Aargh, i don't believe it.

The other day the HomePro guy came to fit our water filtration system in the kitchen. After a quick discussion with the guy we decided the tap should go in the corner of the sink unit. Left him to it and went outside to do some work. About 30 minutes later I go back inside, the guy had gone. Looked at the filter tap and the pratt had fitted it to the wall instead of the sink. :twisted: At no time had I mentioned the wall. As you can see the thread under the tap is designed to go through fairly thick material. HomePro are coming back tomorrow to re-fit it in the position we agreed. Only problem is I have 3 unwanted holes in the wall and one in the sink. :evil:

Update on the house. House is finished with the exception of a few snags that need to be sorted. Moving in on Sunday. Will post some pics on Saturday.
Galee

Postby MGV12 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:42 am

Good luck with the moving-in on Sunday Galee

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:51 am

Galee,
If my eyes serve me correctly you have a similar filter system to mine, in which case you can't blame the HomePro people, who only installed it as per the instructions that came with it. It is designed to be placed on a wall, alongside the unit (that has an LED readout) that tells you if it is working properly. As well it has an electronic box that should be turned off when not in use. That is if, it is a Japanese Fujika and looks like this viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1864&start=1950
If it is the same or similar it means you bought the wrong filter for what you wanted.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Galee » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:33 am

Roger, read you link. My filter system is different to that. Another disappointing thing is, the water tastes 'yuck'.
Galee

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:39 am

Galee,
Okay I apologise for the mistake. The water taste is a problem. I hope you didn't get a reverse osmosis filter; it's like drinking battery water.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Sunpax » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:11 am

You need to be there all the time Galee...you cannot trust the workers ! it was that has make me sooo tired with my house ,and its not finish :(

I have something similar to yours Galee ...I have install (alone) the tape directly on the sink bassin...

I have a renverse osmosis water...from "Clarté" with 5 filters...and an electric meter to control the ph from water.....the water is not so bad...but by any way I use it for tea and vegetable fruit rince water..

But do you have first rince the big bottle under the sink..i mean me i have a 10 l container...and I have clean it before use...simply late all the water run off and let it full again

Renverse osmosis water is simply all the water that people drink all over Thailand !!!
Sunpax

Postby Galee » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Ready or not, tomorrow is moving day. :D
The last week has been hectic. We can now get our cars on the car port, along with 8 others on the driveway!!. Steps have been finished in a non-slip finish. Insect screens put up on the windows and patio garden ongoing.
Still lots to do, which I hope will be done as and when over the next 6 months. Perimeter wall lights and painting perimeter wall. The garden is still a bog which is going to cause major headaches with the puppies as they love the mud.

The patio garden is progressing. A water feature is going in front of the trees. The concrete will be covered in single line paves surrounded by pebbles on either side.

Were pleased with the curtains. The materials Italian apparently.

The separate loo. Struggling to get the grout off the floor tiles.

Main bedroom en-suite.

Second bedroom en-suite.

No tripod, so this evening photos showing the outside lighting are a bit blurred.

Galee

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Congratulations Galee you have a home to be proud of with enough work left over to keep you busy for a long long time. :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby terp80 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:45 pm

Galee: Your house looks terrific! And once you complete the landscaping, it will be absolutely beautiful. Congratulations. :D
terp80

Postby pklongball » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:39 am

Congrats on a very nice looking place. I love the design. Once the plantings are done it will really be beautiful.
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Postby martin b » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Fantastic looking house, congratulations Galee. Can't wait to see the finished garden and water feature. Well done mate :D
martin b

Postby merry-terry » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Fantastic, thanks for sharing.

Two things i will endeavour to do when i come to build my house :

1 always be on site.

2 do as much as possible, myself.

I like your build and visualise building similar. :)
merry-terry

Postby schuimpge » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:25 am

Agree with everyone, beautiful house.
I really like the trimmings around the windows and doors. They really finish it off..
Congrats...
Luc
schuimpge

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story