Building house in Kuchinarai in Kalasin

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Building house in Kuchinarai in Kalasin

Postby kalasin.dk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Hello, my name is Frank, and I will build my building story here, when time from job and brewing beer will allows me. Most work are already done - now there the only things left are those, that you won't learn until you have build three house.

I will write from my weak memory and throw in some photos. I start with the finish result as it looked in May 2010.

DSC_0499_800x536.JPG
Building project May 2010, Kuchinarai.
kalasin.dk

Re: Building house in Kuchinarai in Kalasin

Postby MGV12 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:31 pm

kalasin.dk wrote:Hello, my name is Frank, and I will build my building story here, when time from job and brewing beer will allows me. Most work are already done - now there the only things left are those, that you won't learn until you have build three house.

I will write from my weak memory and throw in some photos. I start with the finish result as it looked in May 2010.

DSC_0499_800x536.JPG

Good to have you with us Frank.

Your intro suggests that you will fit in well here.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby geordie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:27 pm

were the first two no good then ? (just kidding) :wink:
Most people find it enough stress building one so you experinces will be very useful look forward to reading more
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby kalasin.dk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:51 pm

In 2006 we made the decision to build a house. My wife let one of my brothers in law go looking for suitable land. On holidays in 2007 we began asking about selling. We quickly found out, that not all were interested in selling. As a farang, I was kept away from the scene. At last we found our place.

It is in Ban Bua Khao, the central town in Kuchinarai in Kalasin. Not a big city, but a town, where most of the family lives. Our land is located approximately 1 km from town center - where we still have both neighbors and rice fields around.

Cost of land was B300.000 the size for 1.000 m2. If we had gone a couple of km's more, we could have had 10 times more for the same cost. But we wanted to sty in walking distance from everything else. Six month later we decided to buy a piece of land more in connection to what we already had bought, and from the same seller - 300 m2. For that we paid B130.000.

This is how it looked when we bought it in 2007:
landbefore.jpg

landbefore2.jpg

landbefore3.jpg

So we had to go to technical department of the municipality two times to get the paper work done. Both times we needed the surveyors to go and measure the land. Both times we had only 4 weeks of holidays, and both times it would take 3 months to do the work. The my brother in law asked to speak with the official alone, and for a bottle of whisky it was done two days later.

landmaaler.jpg

Just one funny thing that I observed while waiting in the technical department. They used a computer and a plotter to make drawings of the land we had bought. On the screen it looked like good old DOS style. At one time the guy started from one end of the keyboard hitting each letter. I could see, that a text box on the screen asked something like: Do you want to print (y/n)?. At last the plotter began.

hegnspael.jpg
Our first fence post
kalasin.dk

Postby kalasin.dk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:17 am

In between buying those two slides of land my brother in law took care of removing trees and stuff. So in the end of 2007 we began filling up with soil. I can't remember how many days it took, but I think I was two or three days and a lot of loads.

ryddetomraade.jpg

traktor.jpg

ryddetomraade2.jpg

lastbil1.jpg

lastbil2.jpg

lastbil3.jpg

traktor2.jpg
kalasin.dk

Postby kalasin.dk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:19 am

jord.jpg

jord2.jpg
kalasin.dk

Postby gliffaes » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 pm

kalasin.dk wrote:
jord.jpg

jord2.jpg

Yes good idea keep away at all times when buying land, easier said than done and in fairness when we bought the owner didnt add anymore for me being there as we checked before hand.
I remember many times hiding in the back of the car behind black windows to see land or going back at night sometimes!!
gliffaes

Return to Your Building Story