Nakhon Sawan House Build 280sqm 5mil

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Nakhon Sawan House Build 280sqm 5mil

Postby arranp » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:32 am

Hello,

This will be my house in Nakhon Sawan

floor plans

looks out over the park
arranp

Re: Nakhon Sawan House Build 280sqm 5mil

Postby arranp » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:00 am

The developer has laid two sets of horizontal beams one on top of the other for the foundation, when I questioned the developers team I got 2 different answers:

a) house was re-designed
b) due to the flooding in Nakhon Sawan last year.

arranp

Postby arranp » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 am

Hello,

I have chosen Hoffen for my laminate floor and stair case steps, however I now need to source wooden staircase hand rail and upright slats. Please let me know where I can source these.

Thank you.

Regards
Arran.
arranp

Postby geordie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:44 am

I would be inclined to go with B because of flooding especially if the beams are mirror image one on top of the other
The really good news :wink: is you have superb ground beams
I have wooden rails here with spindle,s but no ideas on where they come from the basic shape they may have been made on site
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby pattayapope » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:30 am

Global house has the pre machined wooden rails ect and your may be lucky in one of the larger wood supply shops. The problem you may face is strenght as it may look good but over time may wobble a bit. Did you ever think about SS rails, the shops here can make really nice ones and they are very strong.

House looking good I bet you can't wait to move in[*] :D
pattayapope

Postby arranp » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:00 pm

pattayapope wrote:Global house has the pre machined wooden rails ect and your may be lucky in one of the larger wood supply shops. The problem you may face is strenght as it may look good but over time may wobble a bit. Did you ever think about SS rails, the shops here can make really nice ones and they are very strong.

SS rails ? solid steel ?
arranp

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:32 pm

arranp wrote:
pattayapope wrote:Global house has the pre machined wooden rails ect and your may be lucky in one of the larger wood supply shops. The problem you may face is strenght as it may look good but over time may wobble a bit. Did you ever think about SS rails, the shops here can make really nice ones and they are very strong.

SS rails ? solid steel ?

SS
Stainless Steel
Sometimewoodworker

Postby pattayapope » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:47 am

Arranp sorry I should of said Stainless Steel in the first place it is usually tube and they make a nice finish when welded together as the welds are ground smooth and then polished.
Below is an example of what I am talking about

stairs%20half%20in%202.jpg
Example of stair rail, this one has vertical conwood sections
stairs%20half%20in%202.jpg (22.01 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
pattayapope

Postby arranp » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:13 am

lol it came to me in the night doh. :-)

thanks for the photo
arranp

Postby arranp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:28 am

I've discovered that the remaining house to be built on the estate also have 2 beams, the developer added the additional beam to protect the houses after the flood came last year.
arranp

Postby geordie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:44 pm

arranp wrote:I've discovered that the remaining house to be built on the estate also have 2 beams, the developer added the additional beam to protect the houses after the flood came last year.

I think i would be inclined to at least build a raised area for parking the car if there is a flood risk or possibly raise the plot around the house
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby kknaj » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Looks like a nice design and floor plan. Looks like it's being built in a development village there.

There are a couple of points I should suggest from looking at several development village issues all over Thailand.

1. Make sure they put damp course matting on the garden walls. Otherwise within a year the paint will start coming off no matter how good it is. Better yet. Tile the lowest part of the walls with a neutral colour so this wont be seen.

2. When it comes to the painting buy the best paint around for all 3 coats on the outside: Dulux Weather Shield or TOA 7-in-1. They will use a cheap one and you'll notice it after 1-2 years the whole village will look shabby.

3. Inside paint should also be excellent quality. If you use white oil paint for woodwork (looks the best by far) then use either Dulux or a high-end Jotun paint. The cheap white oil I've seen them use looks yellowy and ugly.

4. Choose your own tiles if possible if their designs are old. Pay a bit more to get larger more modern tiles.

Get an agreement to pay a bit more for the final touches you want. It'll be worth it.

Also make sure you see what you want in a picture before you try it. Otherwise you are just guessing and the end result could look... not quite right.

Good luck and enjoy.
kknaj

Return to Your Building Story