off the plan condo c/mai

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

off the plan condo c/mai

Postby the.maestro » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 pm

<topic merged with continuation topic on 7-Sep-12: Dozer>

hi to all,
my name is the maestro, been a chiang mai expat for 15 yrs.during this time have rented .bought property, built two new houses, etc etc

during this time , have wound the speedo around the clock a few times.at times for good, and at times for worse

never had the same journey twice

so , the maestro , is about to embark on a buy off a plan condo in chiangmai
this project is different to others in chiangmai, as presently its been a concrete shell for 20 yrs or more

my story i am sure will snugly fit into cth board, as, its being a buy off the plan scenario, it is a new concept, to cth

will eagerly await for members responses, to the above,before starting a building story ,

regards to all,

the maestro
the.maestro
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: new member

Postby MGV12 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:54 pm

the.maestro wrote:hi to all,
my name is the maestro, been a chiang mai expat for 15 yrs.during this time have rented .bought property, built two new houses, etc etc

during this time , have wound the speedo around the clock a few times.at times for good, and at times for worse

never had the same journey twice

so , the maestro , is about to embark on a buy off a plan condo in chiangmai
this project is different to others in chiangmai, as presently its been a concrete shell for 20 yrs or more

my story i am sure will snugly fit into cth board, as, its being a buy off the plan scenario, it is a new concept, to cth

will eagerly await for members responses, to the above,before starting a building story ,

regards to all,

the maestro


Hi ... we welcome you and all new build stories ... even snugly fitting ones :)

With the explosion of building around CM just about everything, including the pre-1997 mistakes, are finding Phoenix-from-the-ashes opportunities. Where exactly is your "concrete shell" located?

All the very best with the project ... Chok Dee

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: new member

Postby BKKBILL » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Welcome to CTH.

Sounds interesting so have at it, I’m sure the members will enjoy.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
BKKBILL
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Re: new member

Postby geordie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Again welcome to CTH having been around the clock you will probably not need it but a caution anyway i recently read an article about a condo in Pattaya which was part of a scam all of the condo,s had two to three owners on completion :( :( so first one to move into it declared balls its mine a year later the bank reasured them it was not as they had all been morgaged to the bank by the developer its ongoing as far as i know i will try and find the report again but it was horrific same as has happened in spain a good few time,s
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
User avatar
geordie
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 am

Re: new member

Postby the.maestro » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:44 am

thank you gentlemen, in particular geordie, hear you loud and clear, geordie.
the.maestro
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: new member

Postby Rick B » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Welcome on board to CTH. I'm sure you'll enjoy this site. I'm really interested in hearing about your new project to buy a condo on plan. I assume that means you put your money down based only on seeing the drawings and perhaps some architectural sketches of the new place, yet to be built. Maybe you could explain more to me and others what this all means. As you are in Chiang Mai, I'm assuming that your future condo is in the multi-million baht category. If so, you're doing like Indiana Jones did, taking a leap of faith. I hope your future posts will tell how best you're protecting your investment. Good luck to you and I think we all look forward to hearing your story. It will be a refreshing change from what we've been seeing on this board recently.
Rick B
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: Sam Chuk, Suphanburi

Re: new member

Postby the.maestro » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Rick B wrote: If so, you're doing like Indiana Jones did, taking a leap of faith. I hope your future posts will tell how best you're protecting your investment.


hi rick, ahhh shucks rick, faint heart has never won a fair lady,this condo is a beautiful lady, a lovely work of art from a leading japanese architect 20 odd years ago,and the maestro has fallen in love, indiana jones faith and all,and the leap is from the 10th floor

as for protecting my investment will endevour to tell members the hoops and loops, of securing a contract ,with the developer, in my building story which will start with some pics,of this beautiful lady, until then, may the force be with you, the maestro
the.maestro
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: new member

Postby geordie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Maestro before the fair lady does what they all do and dips into your wallet is it a possibility that you would be allowed to have a wander around the site ? you could be potentially shopping for a couple more condo,s as investments :mrgreen:
The purpose being to get a look at the skeleton and see what twenty years in the elements has done basically i would be looking for water ingress and severe rust staining on any structural elements given the blase way the thais pour concrete with lack of concern about minimum cover water could ? have penetrated into the colums and started rusting the steel away what happens is a scale will build up eventualy and blow the concrete cover off the steel an old problem and an expensive fix GOOGLE CONCRETE CANCER i am sure the uk were not the only ones to suffer it i do know of at least 1 case in spain 200 mtrs from the sea which probably aided the problem the skeleton there was up around 25 years and had to be demolished/rebuilt
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
User avatar
geordie
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 am

Re: new member

Postby the.maestro » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 pm

geordie wrote:Maestro before the fair lady does what they all do and dips into your wallet is it a possibility that you would be allowed to have a wander around the site ? you could be potentially shopping for a couple more condo,s as investments :mrgreen:


hi geordie, thanks again for your splendid advise
will cover the above in my building story
pics will follow shortly
the maestro.
the.maestro
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: new member

Postby geordie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:31 pm

looking forward to the oictures and the story even more so if none of the pitfall arise the problem is a minority can ruin a good thing as in spain as in pattaya you tend not to here about the .5 million who bought without a problem arising but the 200 that got ripped scream it from the rooftops then the jungle drums start beating :|
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
User avatar
geordie
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 am

Re: new member

Postby the.maestro » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 am

geordie wrote:looking forward to the oictures and the story even more so if none of the pitfall arise the problem is a minority can ruin a good thing as in spain as in pattaya you tend not to here about the .5 million who bought without a problem arising but the 200 that got ripped scream it from the rooftops then the jungle drums start beating :|


hello geordie, very true words my friend.

hello mr moderator mgv12, may i beg your indulgence,
if possible could you move this thread to my building story and name it ...buying a c/mai condo off the plan..the reason why the maestro is asking, i could nt start my building story any better, the replys from members have been outstanding,(thanks fellas), thanking u in advance

the maestro

<above posts moved to this new thread as requested - mod>
the.maestro
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: Buying a c/mai condo off the plan

Postby geordie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 am

exccelant you started :D how about some picts ? given we are all lazy sods its easier than writing and explains better ? where in the city is it ? not that i have any knowledge of the area but some members live in that area i beleive!
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
User avatar
geordie
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 am

Re: Buying a c/mai condo off the plan

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:45 am

This is getting better and better. :lol:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
BKKBILL
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Re: Buying a c/mai condo off the plan

Postby unclezillion » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:18 am

geordie wrote:exccelant you started :D how about some picts ? given we are all lazy sods its easier than writing and explains better ? where in the city is it ? not that i have any knowledge of the area but some members live in that area i beleive!

Picts? what have those crazy people that repelled the Romans to the north of the Britons got to do with buliding in Thailand? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Welcome to the forum The Maestro :roll:
User avatar
unclezillion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: Buying a c/mai condo off the plan

Postby Shastadad » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We need to wait until the purchase has actually gone through, since one of the things that I have noted here in Thailand is to never buy anything off plan......all you have to do is ride through Bangkok and see all the unfinished hulks of buildings never completed for an object lesson
Shastadad
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:02 pm

Next

Return to Your Building Story

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron