oor hoose build in Minburi

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: oor hoose build in Minburi

Postby MGV12 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:27 pm

saorsa wrote:
If you get these cracks, am I correct that a small amount of flexible filler and a lick of paint will stop it coming back, or can it be an ongoing problem?

If you are lucky it will be as simple as that ... but not always ... if the tap-test doesn't reveal a lack of adhesion around the crack then a carefully applied flexible [acrylic] filler can make the crack invisible and it's probably gone for good with a lick of paint. If not you will need to remove the hollow-sounding section and see if the block/brick underneath is also cracked ... that would need further investigaton.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Bergy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:10 am

Hello Saorsa,

I like the design you have for your home.

I have a similar design for mine which I will be starting January 2013. I have it is one level with a 8" step down to pool level and all plumbing will basically be running out the side of the house. The pool plumbing will be under the patio area to a small pump room approx. 12' away from the home. The pump room will be constructing with a double block wall with a small air space in-between which will be good enough for sound because the pump doesn't run all the time.

Good luck with your build and looking forward to seeing progress. :D

I was also into bikes with lots of road trips in Canada and the US. I plan on riding again once settled in Thailand.

Bergy
Bergy

Postby saorsa » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Bergy wrote:Hello Saorsa,

I like the design you have for your home.

I have a similar design for mine which I will be starting January 2013. I have it is one level with a 8" step down to pool level and all plumbing will basically be running out the side of the house. The pool plumbing will be under the patio area to a small pump room approx. 12' away from the home. The pump room will be constructing with a double block wall with a small air space in-between which will be good enough for sound because the pump doesn't run all the time.

Good luck with your build and looking forward to seeing progress. :D

I was also into bikes with lots of road trips in Canada and the US. I plan on riding again once settled in Thailand.

Bergy

Thanks Bergy. I plan to meet the architect when I get home next week and see what she thinks of the plan and to see what needs to be changed. I still can't make my mind up about the roof, so want to see some of her ideas.
saorsa

Previous

Return to Your Building Story