Builder from another planet

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Builder from another planet

Postby Peter H » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:29 pm

After lots of happenings with run away builders from places like Korat, Ubon, Udon, Sarakam, Roi-et I found a builder from [b]another planet. [b] Really |||
He builds straight walls for my new 4 room bungalow.
Door frames are big enough, doors will not jam during rainy periods.
Floor tiles are straight.
Paint applied after 3 weeks drying period.
Roof not leaking.
No electrical shorts. All lights working.
No stealing of tools.
Listen to my suggestions.
Does not ask for more money after starting the job.
I am the lucky one :) Anyone else having such a pleasant experience in LOUF (land of unlimited freedom)
Can learn everyday
Peter H

Postby Attila » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:21 pm

They are rare, but they do exist. I have such a guy now, not a builder with a company, more like an independent foreman. Telling his guys to take off the glass blocks three times, because they still have not been perfectly straight. Taking out the tiles in the bathroom floor (without breaking them) because the worker did not get the slope correctly, the water was running to the wrong side, etc etc

And no, I did not even see these problems, before he was already working on fixing them.

I tell him how I want something done in the morning, and when I come back in the evening it is done exactly as I wanted it to be.

Too good to be true, but it is true. I tell him sometimes to go with me to the town, to make some photocopies - of him :!: because we could use more of his kind :wink:
Attila

good day worker

Postby dozer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:57 pm

Yes, it makes it nice when when you run into one! I have a really good day worker now doing some odds and ends. The last guy had pretty much convinced me that hoisting a large boulder up from under the ground (to pretty up the garden) was a lost cause. So I had it all worked out explaining it to this guy how leverage could be used, blah blah blah, before I even finished my thought he had the thing out of the ground.

BWS can be detrimental to one's mental state of mind (bad worker syndrome).
dozer
Site Admin

Return to Your Building Story