Building in Songphinong, Suphan Buri

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Building in Songphinong, Suphan Buri

Postby fgrossiii » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Finally got the time to write about my house. I've started to put pictures in the Gallary. I thank all the people of this website for your wisdom and know how about building in Thailand. I hope you enjoy my pictures and perhaps it will help someone else like me.
fgrossiii

Re: Building in Songphinong, Suphan Buri

Postby fgrossiii » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:48 pm

fgrossiii

Postby fgrossiii » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:01 pm

My working capital was, in 2010 was, $30,000.00 USD, in Thailand that about $949,000.00 baht. That was my live savings. By June the cash was gone but I had a new house. Since then, because I’m retired, I’ve added a few more times like the screening are the house and I just added the concrete driveway. http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/di ... play_media
fgrossiii

Postby fgrossiii » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:15 pm

It floored a lot last year but my house was fine. The dirt under the house was high enough to keep the water out. My In-law’s house wasn’t that lucky, then got about two inches of water. I’ve put out a wall near their house that may give them a better change if it floors again. I did have a problem with the kitchen water not draining because of the floor. That is a problem I’m thinking about solving. If anyone has suggestion, I’m listening.
fgrossiii

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:28 pm

A lot depends on where the water drains too. If it goes into an already full container it’s difficult to add more water. One thing that could work is adding an air vent pipe to the sink drain. By doing this it will let the waste water drain to the flood level height.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby fgrossiii » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:14 pm

BKKBILL wrote:A lot depends on where the water drains too. If it goes into an already full container it’s difficult to add more water. One thing that could work is adding an air vent pipe to the sink drain. By doing this it will let the waste water drain to the flood level height.

Location: Location: it's all about Location, I miss understand my relatives here, I don't speak the langage that well, but I'm working on it, there was no problem during the flooding last year. I thought their was a problem but I understood there were not problem with water draining. I just came back to thailand in March, I was gone for about 8 months, so I wasn't here when it floored here. So it on the news though. Thanks again for the tip, this is why I like this website. There was a problem of water running down the roads and into the driveway. The water got my in-law house floored, but I'm hoping that making the driveway about 12 inches higher than the road will solve that problem. http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/di ... ssageBlock
fgrossiii

Postby fgrossiii » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 pm

BKKBILL wrote:A lot depends on where the water drains too. If it goes into an already full container it’s difficult to add more water. One thing that could work is adding an air vent pipe to the sink drain. By doing this it will let the waste water drain to the flood level height.

I've got a lot of water running off the roof that I will need to do something with. I saw a few good ideas on the website alre http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/di ... y_mediaady.
fgrossiii

Postby fgrossiii » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Hello every one,
I’ve just spend the last few days putting my pictures together for My Gallery. From my pictures it looks like we started building on December 11, 2010. On February 19, 2011 were move in to sleep, that was a great day. I have pictures and video of almost every day from, December 9, 2010 to March 11, 2011. Putting the pictures in the wright order is what I’ve been doing for the last few days. I know that no one else will enjoy them more than the CoolThaiHouse website. Building this house has been a great advantage for me all well a family and friends meeting. I’ve learned a lot about Thailand since I’ve been here and I’m sure there are a lot more things for me to find out. I believe that pictures speak a thousand words, so check out My Gallery.
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/in ... ?cat=10972
fgrossiii

Return to Your Building Story