Baan New York - Khok Sung

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Baan New York - Khok Sung

Postby KingKhokSung » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:46 am

The Perimeter Wall has been progressing at a very nice pace... Even though at times we have had a nice bit of rain.

So far nothing to complain about with the workers and they are doing a great job.
Attachments
Pic 1.jpg
The workers tying the iron together
Pic 2.jpg
All the rebar in place for the base and uprights
Pic 3.jpg
Wood around cement base and ready for the cement pour
Pic 4.jpg
Wood around the uprights and cement poured inside.
Pic 5.jpg
Half of the side wall finished with foundations, Cement base and cement uprights
KingKhokSung

Postby Makmak456 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:25 am

Looking good !
Mark
Makmak456

Postby KingKhokSung » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Work is going good again on the wall... I am so proud of my GF she is doing the most amazing job managing the wall, purchasing and sending me pics of everything that the Changs put in...

I wish ...... Well I dont really wish....... but so far the wall build has been good... Knock on wood..

They Changs have started on the foundation holes for the back wall and the front wall.. I am really impressed with the speed that the Changs are working on the wall.. So far only a few days off. From what my GF told be they wanted to finish the entire wall in 1 month.. So far they just might be able to do this.

I also am trying to figure out what the little Tor (Cement Pipes) are being used for... from my view it seems to be for stability for the iron.. What do you think?
Attachments
1.jpg
starting around the corner for the back fence.
2.jpg
cement Tor being used I assume for stability. Does anyone have any idea what they are used for????
3.jpg
All the holes dug, cement poured in for foundations and iron in for the uprights.
4.jpg
the front fence being started as same time as the back fence. pouring the cement for the foundations.
5.jpg
1 meter walk in for the front fence.
6.jpg
base foundation poured for the back wall
7.jpg
the back fence bottom foundations in, base cement poured and not the uprights going in.
KingKhokSung

Postby sirineou » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Everything looks good, they are doing things a little different than when I did my wall, but both ways work equally well.
In my wall we pored the foundation beam first, then we did the block , leaving a space for the columns, and then we pored the columns,
But as I said both ways work equally well.
I think The cement pipes are used as column forms, to bring the footings up to grade for the foundation beam, it looks like that side of the dirt is lower than the other sides.
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby KingKhokSung » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 am

Everything is progressing at a nice steady pace... My GF told me that the village people like our fence so much that the Changs who built it have already secured a few other jobs out of this. And this Chang is who is building our house. So I hope they are as efficient and professional building the home as they have been with the fence.

We have also added light and Pipes (Tor) for the wires for the lights on all 4 corners of the fence and at each walkway and driveway entrance at the front.

They have started bricking the walls and rendering as you can see.
Attachments
1.jpg
Bricks going up for the wall
2.jpg
Front entrance. the Pipe for the water will all be covered up soon with Dirt for the driveway
3.jpg
Putting Top cement on the fence
4.jpg
Front part of fence. 1 meter worth of bricks then the rest will be shera wood.
5.jpg
Bricks up on one whole side. just needs to be rendered
6.jpg
one part of inside wall being rendered. You can see the Tor with for the light on the corner of the wall.
7.jpg
One whole side finished with bricks and almost finished with the rendering.
KingKhokSung

Postby KingKhokSung » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:24 am

Sorry about the delay in posting. I have been traveling around the globe for work and have not had to much time to post about the fence.

they are still working very hard on the fence and doing a great job on the fence... very happy with this group of builders.. its looking good for them building my house to.. I have to check some of their references and view some of their houses they built first though..

I will be back in Thailand in 5 weeks so I cant wait.. I miss my 2 little kids :) im sure those who work away from theirs understand :)

Gotta love thailand as you can see in the first pic the neighbors fence has fallen down... we asked her if we could just fix her fence and make it a little higher so we didnt have to build the entire fence.... She Said NO... pleasant lady... ha ha

it makes NO sense to me that we are willing to fix her fence for FREE and she says NO!!!! Anyways.. So i told my wife make this side of the Wall So Tall that we will block out the SUN And Moon from her HOUSE and she will be in the Dark for Ever!! ha ha (its the same size)

Only in Thailand..
Attachments
1.jpg
This is the neighbors side fence that has fallen down. we will build the fence so high she will never see the Sun.. haha
3.jpg
One side finished.. Nice clean lines on all the walls. Very happy
4.jpg
last side to finish.. rebar in and cement laid down.
6.jpg
Front entrance going good
5.jpg
Another View of the back fence and render going on.
7.jpg
the Backside of the far back fence.. Looking pretty tall and not easy to jump over.. just look at the Thai people who are fully grown and look how much more they have to jump up.
KingKhokSung

Postby geordie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:29 am

Believe me if there is something of value the other side they will clear the wall with minimum effort a few lumps of bamboo costs nothing and they will make a ladder if needed :mrgreen: get a dog!
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Maseratimartin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:19 pm

geordie wrote:Believe me if there is something of value the other side they will clear the wall with minimum effort a few lumps of bamboo costs nothing and they will make a ladder if needed :mrgreen: get a dog!

Agree to Geordie!
When we last during our trip ordered the gates with spikes on top the Thais told me that I need to make the same on top of the wall...
I just answered no no no...if somebody wants to come in he will find a way, but I would make sure he will not leave and put 2 or 3 Rottweiler on our land.... :mrgreen:
When they heard the word Rottweiler they somehow lost their smiles... :?:
Maseratimartin

Postby unclezillion » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:25 pm

So far nicely stress free and getting there. :shock:
unclezillion

Postby KingKhokSung » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:46 am

The fence is almost completed pretty much stress FREE. I am very proud of Pear my GF for doing such a great job at managing the build.. If you need her for site managing let me know.. ha ha

As you can see in the pics the front fence is almost completed and the shera board is up.

Also we have added Caps to the uprights for a better look. these were 200 or 300 baht per unit.
Attachments
1.jpg
Caps for the uprights.. i cant remember they were 200 or 300 baht for 1 ... im sorry.
2.jpg
Chang putting the style caps on the uprights
3.jpg
All caps on top of the front uprights.
4.jpg
The metal bars used to hold the shera board
5.jpg
6.jpg
inside the front fence and working on 1 meter walk in fence.
7.jpg
This is the outside of our front fence. the shera board is painted brown with water seal on them.
KingKhokSung

Postby pattayapope » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:47 am

Looking good, any plans when to start the house or are you going to wait until the fill has settled for a season or two.
pattayapope

Postby KingKhokSung » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:03 pm

pattayapope wrote:Looking good, any plans when to start the house or are you going to wait until the fill has settled for a season or two.

Hello PattayaPope,

We are going to wait a few more months for the house build as I would like to save some more money. I will be back in Thailand in 2 weeks and I cant wait to see the fence... I think my fiance is going to surprise me with the front car drive in part of the fence as she has been very quiet about that :) :D

The fill has been in for almost a year now so it should be ready to go.. I would like to top off the areas that need more dirt to when I arrive.
KingKhokSung

Postby Makmak456 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 am

Looking good so far, totally understand about the saving up more $$$ before starting .
Makmak456

Previous

Return to Your Building Story