Nakhon Sawan House Build 225sqm 2.25mil

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Nakhon Sawan House Build 225sqm 2.25mil

Postby arranp » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:17 am

The builder to date, has received 1.6 million baht in staged payments, but has completed only 1.2 million baht worth of work.

He now tells me his company has negative equity and he needs another 100k to continue the build. The contractual price is 2.3 million baht complete.

Is it worth paying a lawyer to pursue him or would it be cheaper to use the money instead on finishing the house ?
arranp

Postby Sunpax » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:06 pm

i was in similar situation than you

Builders (a compagny who built a part of big condominuim here) ask me more money because they want to pay more the workers or they was suppose to go away...!

because on the early stage of the house I have decide to give them 80 000 bahts because here was very difficult to find some workers..( 1 week before i had just make a 70000 bahts paiement !)

pffff ..5 days after they are disapear ..gone back to Bangkok..telling me they have a big job there :shock:

what a shock ...because I knew I will be in deep s***t situation...and that was happen..a nighmare to find silk workers and co..bad work ..sometimes need it to redone 3 times...

cost me a lot of money...and the house is still NOT finish after 2 years...!

so my advice is : if you are very satisfied with the builder you have ...try to make him wait and say to him ..you will give 10000 bahts the week as long as the work continue !

because 100000 bahts is nothing compare to the money i loose with so bad workers

if you are not happy with the work done ..look for an other builder

Its always extremly difficult to give an advice without to be inside the situation...and to know every lines connected together..
Sunpax

Postby Alan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:42 am

What was the outcome of your situation?

Alan
Alan

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:02 pm

arranp, Sunpax has given you good advice if possible after a little start money to get the job going always try to make payments so you are head of the game.

Alan, Sunpax story is @ all is revealed.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2575
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby fredlk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:02 pm

What has happened to this build? Completed, screwed up or what? Where are the photos?
fredlk

Postby arranp » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:10 pm

builder ran away with one full stage payment ( stage payments were in advance )

waiting for (now ex-wife) to take him to court before shedding out more money, however ex-wife is slow in executing this.

currently it has columns, walls and roof but no windows.
arranp

Postby Ians » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Always a tough call how to arrange payments to cover your arse, keep the builder happy and on the job.
My arrangement was, full payment of the amount allocated for piling on completion of piles being driven, like wise for other major events, such as, all ground beams installed, roof construction with tiles installed etc. there were other payment mileposts paid once work was completed - no advanced payments - but with an agreement all payments were to be made within a few days of due date (provided progress was being made) or completion of any major event. Worked fine for me with the final payment to be made once all work / rectifications / extras or reductions were agreed on and both parties happy.

Added; Builder gave an agreed construction and payment schedule at commencement of the project, this meant that any construction delays delayed payment schedules as well.
Ians

Postby gliffaes » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:50 am

arranp wrote:builder ran away with one full stage payment ( stage payments were in advance )

waiting for (now ex-wife) to take him to court before shedding out more money, however ex-wife is slow in executing this.

The real problem is there seems to be no shortage of work for them at the moment, they milk a job for what they can get then run off to another, often far away from your job.
I refuse to pay more than they are owed so if they do run away so be it, I havent lost anything but progress.
Our road man been gone now about 6 weeks but it has let the road dry right out so the concrete lorries can get back on. If he isnt here in the next two weeks Ill find a new bunch.
Too much of this stuff goes on here with rarely any repercussions for the builder.
gliffaes

Postby jack9 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:10 pm

arranp wrote:builder ran away with one full stage payment ( stage payments were in advance )

sorry for your loss and congrats on your gain(i presume you have a new wife now? :mrgreen: )

about your ex-builder, i think it is no point to shell out more money to take him to court, unless it is a company backed by real assets. there is also the mental stress of going to court. if at the end the court rules in your favour, the money it awards will most likely be pennies on the dollars you lost. and your builder will have nothing under his name to fulfil the judgment. you can search on the internet, most construction cases go this way

you should focus on your new build and write off your previous investment(and wife) as a total loss.

about your new build, you should choose a reputable builder(preferably a company) with a proven track record. as you have some requirements which are not common to normal thai build.

and be prepared for cost overruns if your build differs in anyway from normal standards(maybe 50%).

always be humble and be willing to meet halfway with your builder. that way the build will proceed more smoothly.

no disrespect meant. i am speaking from personal experience
jack9

Previous

Return to Your Building Story