New house and some bungalows for rent

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

New house and some bungalows for rent

Postby Peter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:16 pm

Hi, I want to build a new house and a few bungalows for rent for Eco tourist. I have about 80 rai land and I want to use 4 rai for building. Where I want to build I have a beautifull senery over the mountains and ricefields in North-East Thailand near Mukdahan. A part of the land have 12 months a year water. I want to make overthere a pool for fish. I can not dishide what kind off fundation I use. With concrete fundation under the wall or concrete polls. I want to make the walls 2 stone like in Europe.
I am looking for sites over House building in Thailand. How I know that I have a good constructer for building my huose? They all say that they can do it, but when I want that they dik my pool according my drawing. it is a problem.. All answers are welcome.

Kind regards

Peter
Peter

good construction person

Postby dozer » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:44 pm

Hi Peter:

Sounds like an ultra interesting project. Please shoot some pictures as you go.

As far as finding a good construction person this is a game of 1.) getting people to refer builders, 2.) getting references from the builder 3.) checking out the references (looking at work they have done and talking with the owners). When you are ready to go you need to set up the contract so that you put a minimum down and are paying as you go, AFTER the work is complete. That leaves you in the driver's seat. If you can't tell if the work that is getting done is 'correct' you may need to hire an independent engineer to come in and check stuff out.

Hope this helps and good luck.
dozer
Site Admin

Return to Your Building Story