Ban Seua Dao The House of "We'll Dispute" Kanchanaburi

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Ban Seua Dao The House of "We'll Dispute" Kanchanaburi

Postby oldmajor » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:53 pm

elgato wrote:And to finish:


That is a great barn you have there Elgato. May I ask how much it cost, all told?
User avatar
oldmajor
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:00 am

Re: Ban Seua Dao The House of "We'll Dispute" Kanchanaburi

Postby pipoz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:03 pm

elgato wrote:And some more - yawn:

SANY0448.JPG

SANY0529.JPG


Hi Elgato,

What thickness slab (in mm) did you end up pouring on top of you precast panks

Are the precast planks the standard 3400mm length?

Regards

Phil
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Ban Seua Dao The House of "We'll Dispute" Kanchanaburi

Postby elgato » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:54 pm

oldmajor wrote:
elgato wrote:And to finish:


That is a great barn you have there Elgato. May I ask how much it cost, all told?



Sorry for the late reply Major. Not sure what the total cost was. About 250K all in. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have made it much bigger.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
User avatar
elgato
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Ban Seua Dao, Kanchanaburi

Re: Ban Seua Dao The House of "We'll Dispute" Kanchanaburi

Postby elgato » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:58 pm

pipoz wrote:
elgato wrote:And some more - yawn:

SANY0448.JPG

SANY0529.JPG


Hi Elgato,

What thickness slab (in mm) did you end up pouring on top of you precast panks

Are the precast planks the standard 3400mm length?

Regards

Phil


Sorry for late response.

The pour was about 4 inches (do the conversion :lol: }. The slabs were 250.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
User avatar
elgato
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Ban Seua Dao, Kanchanaburi

Re: Ban Seua Dao The House of "We'll Dispute" Kanchanaburi

Postby elgato » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:23 pm

I will bring tears of boredom to all when I post pix of the completion of Phase III (cabana). We're waiting for a builder now to start Phase IV.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
User avatar
elgato
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Ban Seua Dao, Kanchanaburi

Re: Ban Seua Dao The House of "We'll Dispute" Kanchanaburi

Postby oldmajor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:18 pm

elgato wrote:
oldmajor wrote:
elgato wrote:And to finish:


That is a great barn you have there Elgato. May I ask how much it cost, all told?



Sorry for the late reply Major. Not sure what the total cost was. About 250K all in. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have made it much bigger.


That seems a good price. Did you manage to get a good deal for your materials from Home Pro? I was thinking about making the entrance a little higher when I eventually start my build. I want to make sure that any farm machinery (within reason) will fit in there for repair etc. Have you had any issues with that?
User avatar
oldmajor
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:00 am

Re: Ban Seua Dao The House of "We'll Dispute" Kanchanaburi

Postby elgato » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 pm

oldmajor wrote:That seems a good price. Did you manage to get a good deal for your materials from Home Pro? I was thinking about making the entrance a little higher when I eventually start my build. I want to make sure that any farm machinery (within reason) will fit in there for repair etc. Have you had any issues with that?


No big chain stores near me. All materials were purchased from the TWO supply houses in our district. I tried to split purchases between the two to try and avoid any animosity. Prices were reasonable enough considering the $'s saved on delivery costs.
The entry to the open area is 2.5m high and hopefully will accommodate any future needs. Currently I have no farm equipment as our farm is under lease. The good news is that the cassava harvest started this week and the lease will expire and I can FINALLY start farming. :)
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
User avatar
elgato
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Ban Seua Dao, Kanchanaburi

Previous

Return to Your Building Story

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest