Sweet Mango Village Land,wall and later house.

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Sweet Mango Village Land,wall and later house.

Postby olavhome » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:40 pm

:lol: Builder complains about much work on it, but he did suggest the "chinese schwung" to it by himself.
But he is thai and knowing about me being in Norway asked my wife if I buy present for him.
Told he liked some aftershave so he could impresss the ladies :-)
I told my wife to tell him that real ladies liked a man smelling from working hard supplying family with Money and not from perfume for flirting other ladies :lol:

On the other hand we have started working with the swimming pool.
Plan 6x4 meter owerflow type, deep 1 meter close to house and 1.60 on other end. Have axcess by steps on the side at the end close to the house.
It will be included in the terasse at the back of the house which is planned to be about 50 cm over todays ground Level.
So think be easy project, we need all the dirt to terasse and not to much digging. Also easy accessable for macro and delivery of concrete to pool.
Got one estimate thb 513.000 not including pump but with water stop in joint between floor and sidewall, tiles etc etc.
But goingt to the shop talking about it and hopefully settling an agreement it appeared at the meeting 2 English gentse who likws to give pcrice for the pool and then the shop could supply the pluming etc. They had started Company in Buriram and had experience building 180 pools in Europe.
Little suprised over what happened but agreed they come to site and see.
They did 3 days after and said they give estimate within a couple of days, knowing me going away and liked settling progress before.
Told me they probably be 20-30% BELOW any thai firm and they knew about the 513.000 estimate.
However we heard them talk by themself that 500.000 seemed as low price.
My personal opinion after Reading in this site is quite opposite, it should be ok profit for them.
As by now, 8 days later, nothing heard :lol:

So we have talked with the Builder and he is interested in doing it.
Will continue discussion with him when come back.
As I understand is for a overflow pool, if you have this skimmer all around the pool, and make it 10X20cm you dont neet the extra tank to take care of water if an "chang" suddently desides to take a swim :?:
olavhome

Postby olavhome » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Returned Thailand, progress been made but not with swimmingpool.
On Our way back stoppet just before korat and bought some sandstone motives.
Use at the gate and also one inside hall and one in garden alang with som future water feature.
However the builder say he like to to it and have given a price I think consider resonable.
But he is honest about have not done before and need advice about the piping system.
I suppose the shop that will sell us "the system" can give us the advice as part of "service".
For the 2 falangs who said had build many pools, still no answer, not soon 3 weeks after they visit us at the site.
Builder have rendered the outside and most of inside.
Have checked out about the furniture in bedroom, bathroom and Kitchen and seems ok at the moment :-)
Also mostly finished decoration around windows, doors etc.
Look Nice.
Had some discussion about colour of house and I stay with the choise of "light greys and white"
Wife not quite happy but I try not to pay attention.
But she did choose the inside colours for all rooms exept kitchen for compensation.
DSCF5933.JPG

DSCF5937.JPG

DSCF5941.JPG

DSCF5943.JPG
On the back of low wall in front will be my favorite morning coffe spot. Plan make a bench with room for shoes etc under.

DSCF5945.JPG
Every Picture tells a story :-) ... Will have a "glass" shower wall across room at 80 cm.

DSCF5939.JPG
Digging for Electric cable to light at pergola in the back..

DSCF5947.JPG
Sandstone motives for gate. "lost" discussion about where to put them. Had preferred Outer ends but give in to the ladies :-)
olavhome

Postby olavhome » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:26 am

Avløpsrenne.jpg
Avløpsrenne.jpg (25.39 KiB) Viewed 761 times

Anybody seen theese in Thailand ?
Need tpo take away overflow water.
Tried Home Pro Buriram but they
said no.
But think been reading here or on another site that they can be found in Thailand.
olavhome

Postby schuimpge » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:30 am

olavhome wrote:
Avløpsrenne.jpg

Anybody seen theese in Thailand ?
Need tpo take away overflow water.
Tried Home Pro Buriram but they
said no.
But think been reading here or on another site that they can be found in Thailand.

Might be easier to have the grated cover made from Stainless Steel and cut a trench for it in the concrete
Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Postby olavhome » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:07 am

Yes, been thinking about that as plan B.
The building prosess have learnt me always, really always have a plan B if something has to be done :D
olavhome

Postby pipoz » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:43 pm

H olavhome,

Been off grid for a week or so, but your house is coming along nicely

Be interested in how you do your glass in the shower area, when you get around to it

Regards

pipoz
pipoz

Postby schuimpge » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:26 pm

olavhome wrote:Yes, been thinking about that as plan B.
The building prosess have learnt me always, really always have a plan B if something has to be done :D

As they'd say back home.. Amen
schuimpge

Postby olavhome » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:55 am

Busy week for yours truly, been digging and putting down pipes for water and electric for garden.
Plan using greywater for plants in back of garden and "for safety" make my own grease trap from 2 plastic boxes of Jotun Paint.
If put a Malaysia pot with a nice flower on top, nobody will take notice-hopefully :D
Had to dig deeper then planned for putting down pipe after the trap because had to cross under pipe taking water from roof to dam.
So now had to dig down about 80 cm because put in ca 30 cm gravel for water to soak into.
Worst about the digging is that have lost 10 kilo since ocktober, so look like "bony maronie" (skinny as stick of macaroni) :lol:
The workers on their hand plan today finish under roof, lot of work but i think quality ok.
Yesterday 8 workers, tiling, roofers- almost fear a little of "to many Cooks".
Today continue put down electric pipes for lamps on perimeter wall in front of street/road and also electric for the gate opener.
DSCF5956.JPG

DSCF5955.JPG

DSCF5954.JPG

DSCF5950.JPG

DSCF5951.JPG
olavhome

Postby pipoz » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:56 am

The Grey and White concept actually looks good at the end of the day. Sure others have their preference for different colours such as browns, sandstone's, reds etc, but I prefer the Grey - White concept like yours

That eave border is very decorative. Is it timer?? or molded plastic and was it expensive per linear meter.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby olavhome » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:41 pm

It is some kind of Wood but break very easy.
They sell it at most places like Global house etc.
They come in lenghts at 1 meter and we paid thb 84 pr. meter.
About colours i like to start carfully, can always be repaintet if needed.
Brown is nice, spesially on the ladies.
As for houses it was popular in Norway in the 1960s
You had very reasonable explanation for your choice for colours for Your house.
The first alcohol I tasted was zubrowka vodka in start 70s. (had this green Straw inside)
After that im not quite happy with green colour exept for gardening :?
olavhome

Postby eyecatcher » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:19 pm

olavhome wrote:It is some kind of Wood but break very easy.
The first alcohol I tasted was zubrowka vodka in start 70s. (had this green Straw inside)

Your external eaves boarding is a dura or shera product, fibrous cement. I have just done the same to mine (well that drama about to start) your price seems expensive though? for that price you could have had the real wood. my boards were 10bt a metre but 75mm wide, yours look like 100mm so i guess i was 85bt for a 4m length?
I paid 400bt/m2 all in to do the framing, the insect mesh and sealants and all 1 million screw head fillings :)
eyecatcher

Postby olavhome » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:30 pm

It is shere Wood.
Dont know the price, it was part of "total package" :-)
olavhome

Postby pipoz » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:35 pm

olavhome wrote:It is some kind of Wood but break very easy.

Ah, now you are starting to think logically, about you reasoning for colours.

Just on my colours again, when I am older and the the brain cells have all but disappeared, sitting on my front porch drinking myself off into the wild sunset, with my memory all but faded and some of my bodily functions all but ceased to perform, :lol:, I am hopeful or I should say wishfully optimistic, that when I look at my house walls, a fond memory of why I chose the "Evening Shadow" color, might just come back to me in those twilight hours and bring a happy smile to my face, "if not by action but by thought" :P :D

pipoz
pipoz

Postby olavhome » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:25 pm

:roll: Tried working as electricial by putting Down cables to outside lamps in garden, pergola, sala and perimeter wall against street.
Total about 350 meter covering 7 outdoor lamps and 3 plugs for electric for pumps, automatic gate opener etc.
Have also put down plugs close to the outdoor lamps.
So if i like to decorate garden trees with lights around new year can do so, and they will go on/off together With lamps.
Doing the cabling turned out to be a Challenge.
When making sala I had put a pipe for Electric, but some curve seems to been to strong.
After trying With "electricians pulling string" Without Luck desided for a coffe break and some "hard thinking" :roll:
Solutition was to a thin "rope" and put a knot in the end.
The dog is not mans best friend, water is.
Then took garden water and held close to Electric pipe, full water pressure and the knot floated away on the pipe tsunami. After a minute, feeling like 30 mins, did appear in the other end.
Oh Lucky Man :lol:
Also had problems at perimeter posts, being made 6 years ago.
Builders had used 90 degree bend and also "jokers" had put som kind of Nails inside.
But did manage get tread trough With help from water and also cable after, mainly due to soaping the cable
intensively.
Also house moving forward.
Painters working and locals say "suay" after talking about "hospital" for last 2 weeks.
Also today: Dam filled up. deep 184 cm.
DSCF5954.JPG

DSCF5960.JPG

DSCF5967.JPG
Attachments
DSCF5962.JPG
olavhome

Postby pipoz » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:44 pm

olavhome wrote::roll:
DSCF5954.JPG

DSCF5960.JPG

DSCF5967.JPG

That looks alright, are they ceramic tiles on your from porch

pipoz
pipoz

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story