Ranch style house in Kanchanaburi

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Ranch style house in Kanchanaburi

Postby rigpig on juice » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:56 am

Thanks for all the replies guys!

The wife and I both agree we need to make the windows bigger. I think the rendered picture is a little deceiving and is not to scale. Once I get back home, we are going to go in and discuss the changes with the architect. He doesn't speak much english and I have been using the thai translator rig to email back and forth.

In case your wondering, I work in the Gulf of Thailand on an offshore drilling rig, so we have translators on board. So far he has been quite helpful in phoning different companies and he has offered good ideas. All of my Thai friends from work have given me a good insight on building in Thailand and what to watch out for.

Cheers,
rigpig
rigpig on juice

Postby rigpig on juice » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:07 am

pattayapope wrote:Rigpig

You have some nice land there and the soil looks very good, we have 4 1/2 rai about 10 Km outside of Kanchanaburi just behind the army base on the way to Sisawat, the soil is not as good as yours and has quite a lot of rocks in it and they mainly grow tapioca around this area. We were up there this weekend and stayed at the Mida golf resort for a bit of mountain bikeing. When and if we build it will only be a small two story weekend home, we need the second story to get a vew of the mountains and half of it will be covered patio. I have quite a few friends with land up and around Sisawat area on the lake. Looking at your land I guess it is on the way to Saiyok there are some really nice places around there wish I had some pictures to post. I will probably be looking for some gravel later to put a bit of a road into the place, if you don't mind me asking what is the going rate for a truck, in Pattaya we pay 3500 baht for a 10 wheeler.

Thank you!

Our land is out by Nong Tak Ya, about 30 km from Tha Maka.

We paid 2700 baht per truck. They averaged 14-15 tons per load @ 65 baht/ton and the gravel pit was 34 km round trip. They also supplied the tractor to spread the gravel.

Cheers,
rigpig
rigpig on juice

Postby elgato » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Nice tractor. Are you for hire? Just kidding. I'm planning to do some site work on 33 rai near Nongprue soon and will be watching your posts for do's/don'ts etc. I like your house design btw.
elgato

Previous

Return to Your Building Story