My little house in mainland front kho Samui...

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: My little house in mainland front kho Samui...

Postby Sunpax » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:08 pm

I have some crack in the old render..how can you fill that with ? and painting do you thinck its alright after only 2 weeks or i must wait until the house has finish to "move" and repair all the cracks together and then painting ?

Sunpax

Postby sirineou » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Sunpax wrote:I have some crack in the old render..how can you fill that with ? and painting do you thinck its alright after only 2 weeks or i must wait until the house has finish to "move" and repair all the cracks together and then painting ?

I think painting after a couple of weeks is fine, The house will not stop settling for a long time so I would not wait for that.
I would use a flexible , printable caulking to fill the cracks. make sure to remove excess caulking from outside the crack by washing the caulking with water if it is water base, or spirits if it is oil base, using a rag soaked in the appropriate solution.
while the caulking is still wet and sticky, sprinkle some fine sand on it so that its texture will match the texture of the surrounding wall and not stand out.
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby Sunpax » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Thank's for the advices...i will go look at the shops to find what you speak about...!...

I have decide to paint all in white (in 3 weeks) and then let it dry for a while, and finish with the last color , that to be sure to get not fadding colors if the concrete drink all water from...even if i have put some "liquid" in the render !

so long time without writing in English...thank's to read me even when
Sunpax

Postby Sunpax » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Today i had the team for granit in my kitchen...!...well i am not sure anymore if i have make the good choice !

Now i have a completly grey kitchen ! i know is in.. in moment ,but i thinck its a little bit sad wiew !!

I will try to post some picture tomorow....i pay 19000 bahts for all together...1800 m2 x 5m + 10000baths for the work !
Sunpax

Postby Sunpax » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:59 pm

hello everyone,

I make a research..but nothin g found,

I need the price of painting by m2 ! (i had today a quote of 8000 bahts for 200 m2 outside)

and also to have an idea...how many m2 do 5 gallons make ,cover, on a smooth surface ?

Thancks a lot
Sunpax

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Sunpax wrote:hello everyone,

I make a research..but nothin g found,

I need the price of painting by m2 ! (i had today a quote of 8000 bahts for 200 m2 outside)

and also to have an idea...how many m2 do 5 gallons make ,cover, on a smooth surface ?

Thancks a lot

Sunpax here is the Dulux paint calculator. Can’t help you with costs, maybe you could get three prices. Just to many variables in different areas.

http://www.dulux.com.au/products/paint- ... r-exterior
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Sunpax » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Thanks....what you think about Beger paint ? or is Jotun better...???

or any other brand to use outside to have a good protection ?
Sunpax

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Sunpax wrote:Thanks....what you think about Beger paint ? or is Jotun better...???

or any other brand to use outside to have a good protection ?

I used Jotun for years but my painter in BKK always used TOA with good results so on my last build that is what was used. Don't think there really is a lot of difference in the higher priced paints these days.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:03 pm

No pictures of the house on the thread for more than half a year .... be nice to see the current position.

Don't worry too much Sunpax ... you'll get it all done in the end ... then you can relax and enjoy :) 8)

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Sunpax » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:06 am

Its very kind of you ..thanks MGV12...

Sometimes its really not easy...especially here where i live...!!!

i had 4 workers during 2 weeks....Thai people working in family from 130 km from here...i had to pay for benzine every day (400) and they was working only from 9 morning to 5 evening...600 bahts by person + food and drink and tips...

the rendering around the house is finish...the concrete chape for the 3 terrasse have been pour ..i have also let them erected the piles (round water pipe) for the futur roof...but they cannot work alone...i was needed to tell them what to do...i have let them free for the perimeter wall...they have tell me they know !!! lolll you must see this poor wall !!!
ok i just must say that they was good for rendering...i had a wall where need to put 7 cms ciment !!!

and almost all pvc has been remake ...because i had a leak somewhere under the house :( ...now i have pvc running on the wall...doesn't matter...(its behind the house my luck )i must not any more stop the pump and put on every time i used it...pffff !!! and my pump don't work every 3 mn...she's quiet...!

so i have again no more workers !!! no painters...no roof makers......no tiles one ....no carpenter, my stairs are still nude.. ect. ect

pictures will come...but my camera don't work to good...and i am so busy...cleaning working and shaming that the work take soooo long....¨!
Sunpax

Postby Sunpax » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Today i'v buy " TOA wood stain" i fault was only to color the wood...but is it a kind of varnish ? its stick smell and drive itself like some light varnish !!!
can i sand paper that before the second coat ?
must i apply varnish over ?

Thank's
Sunpax

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Sunpax wrote:Today i'v buy " TOA wood stain" i fault was only to color the wood...but is it a kind of varnish ? its stick smell and drive itself like some light varnish !!!
can i sand paper that before the second coat ?
must i apply varnish over ?

Thank's
All the wood stain that I've seen is not a stain but a coloured polyurethane or varnish. To get the best result you lightly sand the first coat after a day (or a few hours if it is hard enough) then put on a second coat. I would then put on a clear top coat for the best finish.
After 1.jpg
after

After 1.jpg
after

P8263924.jpg
After 3

Here is an example
Attachments
After 2.jpg
After 2
Before 2.jpg
Before 1.jpg
Before1
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Sunpax » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Ok thanck you !

the color i buy don't please me...so i am going to take that off and see what i can do an other way...I buy "teak" color but its become really orange :( and get not with my all grey granit kitchen !
Sunpax

Postby Sunpax » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:45 pm

here in Thailand ,Is it possible to find (buy) some column capital ? i have put already concrete pipe for pilars on terrasses...and i think will be nice to put something on the top (or base also...) before to put some roof.
Sunpax

Postby Ians » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Sunpax wrote:here in Thailand ,Is it possible to find (buy) some column capital ? i have put already concrete pipe for pilars on terrasses...and i think will be nice to put something on the top (or base also...) before to put some roof.

Yes, I have seen them in many places that sell concrete pipe, tanks, pavers etc. You will need ask / look around.
Ians

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story