Up country-Isaan build

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Up country-Isaan build

Postby geordie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:55 am

Now thats the right tool for the job :D
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby tothemark » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:56 am

Hey Geordie, I see you sold your house well done m8, whens your arrival in los due then ?

Dont you just luv it when you see a decent piece of kit and no bald tyres to boot !

We use these graders for dirt racing, super piece of kit.

IMGP01_12.JPG
tothemark

Postby geordie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 pm

It came as a relief to get shot of it the way things are headed its going to get more rough
soon :( :( :(
The 29th we come out there for a couple of months get the mutts settled and have a word with customs to see if my wife can bring all her tools with her as well as the furniture

Oh and mention to them that the house was bought by a developer who is pulling it down and has told me i can remove the kitchen bathrooms windows and anything else you know :roll: :roll: electrical sockets fuseboard wiring which is brand new and would be rolled on a drum :lol: bsically i have no wish to have the container arrive there and then send it back half full because its cheaper than the tax so the aim is negotiate a price of less than the shipping if i am unsuccesful anything they want to tax stays in the box comes back here
But as they claim she can bring back certain stuff household there should be a lot of room on the return if that happens :mrgreen: i may be able to sell that space to a shipping company for the return journey :mrgreen:
but it will give me a couple of months in bkk to arrange for its arrival
geordie

Postby unclezillion » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:01 am

house is looking good will be interesting to see what you get up to in April.
unclezillion

Postby geordie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:48 pm

unclezillion wrote:house is looking good will be interesting to see what you get up to in April.

Wrong house or comment ?? I will be out in April to look for land ect Geordie
geordie

Postby unclezillion » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:54 pm

thought u was arriving soon for a couple of months Geordie?
unclezillion

Postby geordie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Ok overmedicated AGAIN (sounds better than senile) :lol: :lol: out next week 29th feb ???
back here late April for shipping furniture
geordie

Postby elgato » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Wish I had a grader for a day.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:23 am

Hey Geordie, I saw in one of your posts where you were a Cradle hand in your past. That's how I started my rise to riches in London 60 yrs ago. Putting up Cradles for Acrows and various other Scaffolding Co's . They were the Rope block ones supported by Timber poles on the roof. Then in Oz with the Hand winches to the Electric ones in use now. Still have a Yard full of Equipment here in Sydney that I am trying to get rid of so I can spend much more of my time on the house in Khon Kaen. At my age it's definitely time to give the scaffolding lark away. Glad to hear that you finally got rid of that house in the U.K. Maybe I'll catch up with you sometime if you are ever around Khon Kaen.
My apologies to Up country-Isaan build's thread.
Mike Judd

Postby geordie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:35 am

Mike Judd wrote:Hey Geordie, I saw in one of your posts where you were a Cradle hand in your past. That's how I started my rise to riches in London 60 yrs ago. Putting up Cradles for Acrows and various other Scaffolding Co's . They were the Rope block ones supported by Timber poles on the roof. Then in Oz with the Hand winches to the Electric ones in use now. Still have a Yard full of Equipment here in Sydney that I am trying to get rid of so I can spend much more of my time on the house in Khon Kaen. At my age it's definitely time to give the scaffolding lark away. Glad to hear that you finally got rid of that house in the U.K. Maybe I'll catch up with you sometime if you are ever around Khon Kaen.
My apologies to Up country-Isaan build's thread.

I would think ther is a more than strong possibility we will meet mike the MIL is an hour away from you and i have been known to do the drive for :) a burger :) if we fly up there we land khon khaen when you due over
geordie

Previous

Return to Your Building Story