very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:26 am

Mike Judd wrote:Pipoz.! I'll have a look, it's my second home .!

:D
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
BKKBILL
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby Mike Judd » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:34 am

They come in 30mt rolls, the plastic 110m.m. wide is $7 per roll, going up in widths 150m.m. /230mm/250m.m./300m.m. /350m.m. with the prices going up accordingly. The same sizes in bitumen covered aluminium is roughly 4 times the price of plastic. but they do have 10mt rolls in aluminium.
Mike Judd
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 am
Location: Church Point Sydney N.S.W. Australia. Khon Kaen

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby pipoz » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Mike Judd wrote:They come in 30mt rolls, the plastic 110m.m. wide is $7 per roll, going up in widths 150m.m. /230mm/250m.m./300m.m. /350m.m. with the prices going up accordingly. The same sizes in bitumen covered aluminium is roughly 4 times the price of plastic. but they do have 10mt rolls in aluminium.


Thanks Mike.

In my case its will be my first home (this time round), as I keep giving my homes away to the Ex's

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1876
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby pipoz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:30 pm

Mike Judd wrote:They come in 30mt rolls, the plastic 110m.m. wide is $7 per roll, going up in widths 150m.m. /230mm/250m.m./300m.m. /350m.m. with the prices going up accordingly. The same sizes in bitumen covered aluminium is roughly 4 times the price of plastic. but they do have 10mt rolls in aluminium.


Thanks Mike, I think I have found it over here. Name is PLUVEX and comes from UK. - Hyload Pluvex No 1 or Pluvex No 2.

Rolls look like they are 8 m long.Off to see how much it costs a roll tomorrow.

pipoz
Attachments
DPC Pluvex-01-10.pdf
Pluvex
(44.63 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1876
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby Mike Judd » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:26 am

Pipoz,! That may well be the same stuff .but 8mt rolls seem a bit small, more like the lead rolls that you can still get here used for flashing or special applications. I'll take a photo of the plastic and post it tomorrow. Mike.
Mike Judd
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 am
Location: Church Point Sydney N.S.W. Australia. Khon Kaen

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:06 am

The three rolls I bought at Thai Watsadu were 90 metres long and two metres wide. They cost 1,000 baht each.
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5251
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby Mike Judd » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:52 am

R.R. I think we are talking about a different application here, you are probably talking about the black underlay that you can use under a slab or pavers to primarily stop weeds growing through, as well as with a slab keep the cement seeping out. The orange Forticon plastic is mainly used here for slabs ,comes in heavier thicknesses and various lengths plus up to 6mt wide. What Pipoz and I are discussing is brickwork damp proof courses which used to be lead but now days, bitumen coated aluminium or the diamond patterned plastic that I used. No walls in Oz or England (Can't speak for the rest of the world) would be laid without a D/P/C on the slab or foundations just clear of the ground. With cavity face brickwork (Not rendered) rain would penetrate the outer face through the cement joints and run down inside to the bottom and soak through the inner skin, so a wider roll is used( They come in multiple brick widths) that is one or two bricks higher on the inside sloping down to the outer and directing the water out through weep holes left in the brickwork every 1 mt or so. With Thai construction usually rendered and with a good quality paint, all that can be omitted , but you can still get moisture coming up with a capillary action from below into any wall ,especially if no under lay in the slab or foundations in the ground. Paint peeling off at the bottom of walls is a clear indication of that problem.
Mike Judd
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 am
Location: Church Point Sydney N.S.W. Australia. Khon Kaen

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby Mike Judd » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:55 am

P1020355.JPG
split granite veneer
Latest info from the 2 guys left working on the house is that the drains have been rendered ready for flushing out, so that the outlet pipe that I put in half way round can have it's cap screwed on and the inlet pipe to the tank opened. Then we will see how long it takes to fill up. ?
They are starting on the split granite stone veneer to all the house walls up to sill height next, that should keep them busy for a while.
Mike Judd
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 am
Location: Church Point Sydney N.S.W. Australia. Khon Kaen

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby pipoz » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:27 am

Mike Judd wrote:
P1020355.JPG
Latest info from the 2 guys left working on the house is that the drains have been rendered ready for flushing out, so that the outlet pipe that I put in half way round can have it's cap screwed on and the inlet pipe to the tank opened. Then we will see how long it takes to fill up. ?
They are starting on the split granite stone veneer to all the house walls up to sill height next, that should keep them busy for a while.


Hi Mike, how are you fixing your split stone to the walls

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1876
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby Mike Judd » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:36 pm

The bottom black tile goes on using cement as it has to be sloping ,then they have a tile adhesive as supplied with the stone, using a notched trowel same as fixing wall tiles the western way, except there's no joints.
Mike Judd
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 am
Location: Church Point Sydney N.S.W. Australia. Khon Kaen

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby pipoz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Mike Judd wrote:Pipoz,! That may well be the same stuff .but 8mt rolls seem a bit small, more like the lead rolls that you can still get here used for flashing or special applications. I'll take a photo of the plastic and post it tomorrow. Mike.


Thanks Mike, cracked it and found the Damp Proof Course. A bit more expensive than in Oz, but WTF, don't need much of it and its a Fkn Good investment

150 mm x 8 meter Roll - US 22 or TB 713 per Roll (4.5 Kgs per Rol)
200 mm x 8 meter Roll - US 29 or TB 940 per Roll (5.0 Kgs per Rol)

pipoz
Attachments
1 IMG_1441 (Large).jpg
PLUVEX No 1 150 mm wide x 8 Meter long
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1876
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby gliffaes » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:44 am

pipoz wrote:
Mike Judd wrote:Pipoz,! That may well be the same stuff .but 8mt rolls seem a bit small, more like the lead rolls that you can still get here used for flashing or special applications. I'll take a photo of the plastic and post it tomorrow. Mike.


Thanks Mike, cracked it and found the Damp Proof Course. A bit more expensive than in Oz, but WTF, don't need much of it and its a Fkn Good investment

150 mm x 8 meter Roll - US 22 or TB 713 per Roll (4.5 Kgs per Rol)
200 mm x 8 meter Roll - US 29 or TB 940 per Roll (5.0 Kgs per Rol)

pipoz

I often wonder of that "dry tech" roof system would double as a damp course, after all its bitumen on a roll?
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby pipoz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:05 pm

gliffaes wrote:
pipoz wrote:
Mike Judd wrote:Pipoz,! That may well be the same stuff .but 8mt rolls seem a bit small, more like the lead rolls that you can still get here used for flashing or special applications. I'll take a photo of the plastic and post it tomorrow. Mike.


Thanks Mike, cracked it and found the Damp Proof Course. A bit more expensive than in Oz, but WTF, don't need much of it and its a Fkn Good investment

150 mm x 8 meter Roll - US 22 or TB 713 per Roll (4.5 Kgs per Rol)
200 mm x 8 meter Roll - US 29 or TB 940 per Roll (5.0 Kgs per Rol)

pipoz

I often wonder of that "dry tech" roof system would double as a damp course, after all its bitumen on a roll?


Not a bad idea, will look at it.

I am also looking at a couple of Rockmax and Lanko emulsion membrane products, which might also do the job

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1876
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby pipoz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi Mike,

I probably asked you before, but

1. What was you roof pitch (Degrees)
2. What was the dimension from you Ground Slab to underside of eave/gutter

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1876
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: very slow build between Kosumpisi and Khonkaen

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Here's the latest photos of the split stone nearly all finished around below window sills. Not very Thai colourful I know, but if they want to paint the house pink/blue and green ,they will have to wait until I drop off of my perch. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
IMG_2020.JPG
End of main bedroom.
IMG_2023.JPG
Entrance and court yard.
IMG_2036.JPG
Main bedroom ,right side of court yard.
IMG_2029.JPG
West side
IMG_2028.JPG
Back of the house.
Mike Judd
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 am
Location: Church Point Sydney N.S.W. Australia. Khon Kaen

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest