Feedback on our project would be appreciated

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Feedback on our project would be appreciated

Postby Glenn » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:39 am

My wife and I purchased 10 Rai in Kanchanaburi last year and now we are in the process of building a home in the front of the property and a plant nursery in the rear. I've actually been in the horticultural industry for over 35 years so this is a dream come true. Our plan is to grow for export to growers in the USA & EU.

The property was formally a rice paddie so it is quite low. About 5 feet below the main road. We've contracted for the construction of a ramp 6 metres wide and 7 metres long from the road to the land and a 120 metre long, 6 metre wide road back to the middle of the greenhouses. We're going to bring in fill for the greenhouse area (4000 m2) about 1/2 metre increase in height and leveled. Right now, this work is costing us about 380,000 baht. The road builder does not know that there is a farang involved and my wife's uncle, who is a big shot for the Thai Electric company and a local Orchid Grower friend of ours are supervising. So far so good, we gave an 80,000 baht deposit, the equipment is all on site and depending on the rain, they're working.

The pricing sounds right to me, but I'm not there so I have to rely on everyone else involved with this. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Glenn

Return to Your Building Story