Building a Company Building and Ranch Type House

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building a ranch style house in Chiang mai

Postby geordie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:53 am

knaj you are correct in assuming what a valley is it is the v shaped channel used when two sections of roof interconect
i am suprised to hear you used galvanised metal normally it is zinc the slightest scratch on galvanized metal and it will rust in no time
The OP hans is concerned because he was advised on another forum that the roof had too many valley,s and would leak
Not strictly true one badly formed valley can leak like a pig on the other hand you can have ten valleys with no problems because they were correctly installed
i was going to suggest he took a look at fred,s roof however the reply never went out and fred beat me too it and his roof has some complications with angles you would not normally come across
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby hansbak » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:16 pm

fredlk wrote:
hansbak wrote:Any opinions here?

sirineou wrote: .... if you cant find what you like, and you have your heart set on that plan, perhaps you can take the pictures floor plan, and your Ideas to an architect , and for about the same cost of purchasing the US plans, Have him draw plans to your spec.

This is the only advice you should follow. Get a Thai architect who knows about Thai building and ask him what he can do in a similar style.

If you look at what I'm building - http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1698 - then you will see I'm building a non-standard house but built in the Thai way by Thai builders and designed by a Thai architect. So far I am more than happy with my choice. It has been almost trouble-free from the start and should continue in that way until I move in, maybe next month.

Woow very impressive project you have going on here, especially the roof which i intend to use too. Thanks for the link and success with your project, It took me many hours to read through the 70 pages.

When there are further developments i will keep you informed.

Regards,
Hans
hansbak

Postby fredlk » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:21 pm

hansbak wrote:Woow very impressive project you have going on here, especially the roof which i intend to use too. Thanks for the link and success with your project, It took me many hours to read through the 70 pages.

Thanks. :D I am very happy with the roof. It looks good and is as cool as the air around it. And as you see with the price I paid it is really not that expensive.
fredlk

It Looks we are starting again

Postby hansbak » Tue May 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Last year my business was not very well so i had to stop building the house on the land we bought. Actually we did not start yet.
We started with putting about 1 meter of land on top, for more than 700 trucks. Then we started building a wall around the land which was half done and we are now continuing....

We also had our first discussion with the company BlueScope Lysaght because we want, as mentioned before, a white colorbond metal roof. We hope to have a quote in the next few weeks.
On the same piece of land we also want to build a company buiding 30 meters long and 6 meters wide. We wil try the color bond roof first there and when it works fine, later on the house.

I will keep you informed....

Regards,
Hans
hansbak

plans of house and office new links

Postby hansbak » Tue May 22, 2012 6:53 pm

I see the original links do not work anymore, here an update:

http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/epl/s ... 12294.html
the plan itself at:
http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/media ... -BL-LG.GIF
i also attached a plan from the office

Regards,
Hans
Attachments
office.png
office layout
hansbak

Postby hansbak » Wed May 23, 2012 5:26 pm

I know some pictures are always nice, here some pictures of building the wall.....

regards,Hans
Attachments
IMG_20120523_164340.jpg
IMG_20120523_164206.jpg
IMG_20120523_164624.jpg
hansbak

Postby hansbak » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:01 pm

We are still working on the project and probably will start with the office building in one or two months...will keep you informaed and appreciate any comments or advice....
hansbak

Postby geordie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:50 am

The wall looks straight Hans around the corner from here they have been building a wall for ages 2-3 months it looks like they got a snake to crawl along the ground and built on the track it left to add insult to injury its uneven along the top as well The strange thing is they did really well with the footings the wall on the other side of the property collapsed due to their fill dirt ?? so they had to rebuild that and now that side of the property sports a double wall but the foundations have beams cast 90% inwards for a meter or so for stability :
Just a shame the did not follow up with a straight wall
Look forward to reading the rest of your build
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

wall almost completed and looking for construction company

Postby hansbak » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:29 am

The wall around the land has been completed and the front wall is in progress....see the picture........

The next step will be to build an office building and then the private house......

Attached a picture how the office building will look like...The drawings are just approved by the government
...the building is 40 meters long and about 8 meters wide

and we are looking for construction company to built it....any suggestions?

Regards,
Hans
Attachments
office1.png
frontwall.png
frontwall.png (182.54 KiB) Viewed 1890 times
hansbak

Postby hansbak » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:04 am

Building is moving on slowly, as you can see the frontwall for the house is completed now, we also bought some larger trees and the company building is governement approved and finished.
Currently my wife is interviewing construction companies in all kind of sizes and prices ranging from 2.4 - 4.2 million baht to build the company building.

The drawing of the house is also nearing completion, however probably we start building there in about 2-3 years.

Another problem we have , there is a well on the land but seems to be pretty old and build with stones....not sure how deep, but that it needs cleaning for sure....could not yet find a company for that....would be nice if we could use this for watering the land.
We are also thinking to buy a water tower, the "champagne" water tower seems to be an rather nice and esthetic choice...

anyway moving on slowly, just to keep you informed.

next message i expect to be about building the company building.

Regards,
Hans
Attachments
IMG_20121123_120329.jpg
hansbak

Re: Building a Company Building and Ranch Type House

Postby schuimpge » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:31 am

Hans, nice design office...for the water tower, consider a solar panel with a 12v pump to fill it up from a buffer tank on or in the ground next it. Will save you tons of electricity. You don't even need batteries for that, only backup power for the pump maybe, depending on the size of the water tower tank.

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Start buildfing office building!

Postby hansbak » Thu May 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks Luc for the comment. However we investigated and these watertowers are about 300,000 baht with water reservoir...Simple a plastic tank with pump is a lot cheaper.......

But that is not the reason of this post....Today they started digging the holes for the fundament, tomorrow the monk will come to make sure everything goes well....attached a picture of some of the holes.....

will keep you informed....

regards,
Hans
Attachments
IMG_20130509_173901.jpg
first fundament holes for the office building...
hansbak

Re: Start buildfing office building!

Postby fredlk » Thu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm

hansbak wrote: tomorrow the monk will come to make sure everything goes well....

Good luck and don't forget to throw some money in the hole yourself.
fredlk

Re: Start buildfing office building!

Postby MGV12 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:58 pm

fredlk wrote:
hansbak wrote: tomorrow the monk will come to make sure everything goes well....

Good luck and don't forget to throw some money in the hole yourself.

But don't do as Fred did and throw yourself in the hole :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: Building a Company Building and Ranch Type House

Postby hansbak » Thu May 09, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks for the good wishes....will keep you informed!
hansbak

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story