a house in ubon

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

a house in ubon

Postby tape8 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:28 am

building in thailand sounds easy, I'm putting up a house in Ireland at the moment and planning permision, stamp duty, insurance, council contributions, warranty, architect and solicitor fees cost me about 18,000 euros. Don't you have to go through this level of beurocracy over there? I'm hoping to build a house near Ubon in a year or two, can I get away without the red tape? God I hope so
tape8

Re: a house in ubon

Postby fredlk » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:06 am

tape8 wrote:building in thailand sounds easy, I'm putting up a house in Ireland at the moment and planning permision, stamp duty, insurance, council contributions, warranty, architect and solicitor fees cost me about 18,000 euros. Don't you have to go through this level of beurocracy over there? I'm hoping to build a house near Ubon in a year or two, can I get away without the red tape? God I hope so

I once went through the same in Holland. It was horrible.
Here there can be bureaucracy, more in some places than others.

If you read about my build at http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1698 you will see that I have to deal with my fair share although it is peanuts.
If you read http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1970 it seems like no permissions are needed for anything.

If you build within municipal boundaries you often need some kind of permit and outside the boundaries mostly not and that is about all.
fredlk

Postby Max&Bee-in-CM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:10 pm

tape8 wrote:building in thailand sounds easy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you can come by my project and give me a hand!
Cheaper, yes - much much cheaper - easier, I dont think so.
Please check out our YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/KiddieToysReview
"Toys & Fun with Ely & Ela"
Max&Bee-in-CM

Postby tape8 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:00 am

You're right Max&Bee, easy was the wrong word, I'm just getting frustrated at the costs here in cold wet Ireland! There's some lovely projects on this forum, and the prices are making me drool, everything's relative I know, I've been to Thailand a good few times and its not that cheap to live
tape8

Postby tape8 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:52 am

thanks fredlk, thats an amazing house your building
tape8

Postby jazzman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:07 am

18,000 Euros just for all the permissions? You can build a house in Thailand for that. Well, almost :wink:
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby tape8 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:15 am

yep, and house prices are now nearly 50% less than 3 years ago! why didn't I go to thailand instead, big mistake
tape8

Return to Your Building Story