5 year Building plan in Huay Yai Chonburi

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: 5 year Building plan in Huay Yai Chonburi

Postby elgato » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Any news or pics of "after the flood"? Hope all is well.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby pattayapope » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Elgato

No lasting damage the place looks like nothing happened, due to the current high water table the toilet flush works OK but could be a bit better, maybe I should go a little green and adopt the "if it's yellow let it mellow if it's brown flush it down"[*] :lol:
pattayapope

Views of the maid bungalow

Postby pattayapope » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:52 am

At the request of one of our regular members for some better views of the maids house I have posted some below. Total cost was 320,000 baht including furniture, fridge, 2 ring gas burner ect. The construction is using 15 cm QCon blocks and 15 cm reinforced columns, windows are UPVC and doors are good quality hardwood. The roof is full CPAC system with foil under tiles and the bathroom is 3/4 tiled.

PC131984.JPG

PC131985.JPG

PC131986.JPG

PC131987.JPG

PC131988.JPG
pattayapope

Postby elgato » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:15 am

Very nice PP :wink: Is it for rent? I need to get away from MIL's house! :lol:
elgato

Postby geordie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:24 am

elgato wrote:Very nice PP :wink: Is it for rent? I need to get away from MIL's house! :lol:

Elgato you made your bed now you lie in it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby elgato » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:53 am

geordie wrote:
elgato wrote:Very nice PP :wink: Is it for rent? I need to get away from MIL's house! :lol:

Elgato you made your bed now you lie in it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:

I don't do domestic chores Geordie! No work permit :lol:
elgato

Postby fredlk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 am

I have a question about your carport roof now that I'm starting on mine. Do you have insulation under the metal sheet or is it just coated steel?
If just the steel, how does it fare noise-wise in the rain? My thinking is that with zero insulation or sound-deadening, the noise right next to the house might be deafening during heavy rain.
Any opinions?
ROOF01.jpg
ROOF01.jpg (37.08 KiB) Viewed 1347 times

ROOF02.jpg
ROOF02.jpg (37.32 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
fredlk

Postby geordie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:58 am

Fred we have a similar canopy In BKK no adverse noise problems and although i have only been there for a couple of storms it was not something you could not ignore jusy close the door and window closest to it
At the mum in law,s wooden house it was a bit louder but again not a real issue i would imagine no worse than the colorbond you have already but you get used to ignoring it like most things more of a worry is when the sound of water falling changes from its normal pattern then you will be disturbed trying to find out what is being destroyed :roll:
geordie

Postby fredlk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:06 am

geordie wrote: it was not something you could not ignore jusy close the door and window closest to it

Almost all of my windows and doors are always open even during rainstorms and so I am concerned. If it is similar to the sound on the roof of the house it's no problem, but if I have to shout to talk once the carport roof is finished, I'll be hopping mad. I think I'll go with insulation and add a ceiling as well. :D
fredlk

Postby geordie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:10 am

Probably a ""sound"" choice Fred personally i would just try it first on the plus side the car will stay nice and cool :roll:
geordie

Postby payebacs » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:15 am

pattayapope wrote:I started work at the side of the house where the water storage tanks are to make it into an orchid area and also to cover the water tanks.
Orchid area.jpg

I wasn't aware of this site when you did your build Pattayapope but looking back, I think I can see your dog house further down the wall in this pic.? Has anything become of the orchid area there? Your maid's house is stunning. 320 000. I'm guessing it's built to same spec as your main house cos it looks outstanding. Is it like a studio flat inside.ie openplan bedroom/living area plus bathroom. And did you already have someone who was to move in there or was that position only filled once the place had already been built? Your grounds look stunning. I imagine the trees already on it must have made the land an even more desirable buy perhaps notching the price up by a few grand at least. Personally I think the light by the pool looks charming. Had you not mentioned your gardener I would figured you for some kind of an horticulturalist. Where does the gardener live then and doesn't he reckon he should have the house! :lol:
Saving for my next holiday. And for my build.
payebacs

Postby pattayapope » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:34 pm

fredlk wrote:I have a question about your carport roof now that I'm starting on mine. Do you have insulation under the metal sheet or is it just coated steel?
If just the steel, how does it fare noise-wise in the rain? My thinking is that with zero insulation or sound-deadening, the noise right next to the house might be deafening during heavy rain.
Any opinions?
ROOF01.jpg

ROOF02.jpg

Fred sorry for not replying earlier but missed this, to answer your question yes there is insulation attached underneath (supplied already insulated). As far as noise I don't think there is any but to be quite honest as it at the back of the house I have not really been in that area during heavy downpours. For sure it is cooler underneath and worth the extra cost for that reason alone.
pattayapope

Postby pattayapope » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Fred I don,t know if you have been doing a rain dance but just got home and the heavens opened up and yes there is noise when under the roof but probably less with insulation, maybe would be annoying but did not bother me too much.[*] :wink:
pattayapope

Postby fredlk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:31 pm

pattayapope wrote:Fred I don,t know if you have been doing a rain dance but just got home and the heavens opened up and yes there is noise when under the roof but probably less with insulation, maybe would be annoying but did not bother me too much.[*] :wink:

I can hear your thunder and see your rain from here. :D
fredlk

Postby geordie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:48 pm

fredlk wrote:
pattayapope wrote:Fred I don,t know if you have been doing a rain dance but just got home and the heavens opened up and yes there is noise when under the roof but probably less with insulation, maybe would be annoying but did not bother me too much.[*] :wink:

I can hear your thunder and see your rain from here. :D

I think sunliner called in a few favours :mrgreen: :mrgreen: was there a small plane with a royal logo anywhere to be seen :lol: :lol:
geordie

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story