thoeng chaing rai

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

thoeng chaing rai

Postby otis-a » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:25 am

Am doing 2 story & think to just finish 2nd floor for now with lower floor later to minimize cash flow now have all column with cement mid floor done & work roof now is steel cement const wife father builder & he want me go all in now i c n mideast many multi floor build complete seperate floor @ diff times any consideration out there?
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Re: thoeng chaing rai

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:11 am

I cannot understand what you are talking about.
fredlk

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:10 am

So you were going to just finish the second floor for now but your father-inlaw wants you to complete the whole house. Or something like that.

Welcome aboard. Send us a few pictures.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Let me try...... you have one story of a two story house built, which you are living in and have closed off the second floor with steel. Your father-in-law, a builder wants to finish it, but you don't have the funds, so you are quite happy to use the bottom part until you get more funds. Has anyone else done this?
Roger Ramjet

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:Let me try...... you have one story of a two story house built, which you are living in and have closed off the second floor with steel. Your father-in-law, a builder wants to finish it, but you don't have the funds, so you are quite happy to use the bottom part until you get more funds. Has anyone else done this?

If I put your version into Google translate I still don't really understand it. :wink:
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:38 pm

lets try and be adult about this you have seen my soelling and i am english???
this poor sod is trying and does not have the language skill probably a bit like some of us trying to comunicate in thai
rodger seems to have made the best guess he is asking has anyone been known to finish/live on one floor complete the other later
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:08 pm

geordie wrote:lets try and be adult about this you have seen my soelling and i am english???

I have and I was apalled! :wink:
geordie wrote:he is asking has anyone been known to finish/live on one floor complete the other later

Yes I have.
fredlk

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:12 pm

soellin???? That’s not British.

Am doing 2 story & think to just finish 2nd floor for now with lower floor later to minimize cash flow now have all column with cement mid floor done & work roof now is steel cement const wife father builder & he want me go all in now i c n mideast many multi floor build complete seperate floor @ diff times any consideration out there?

Well I’m sticking to my interruption.

Doing two floors
finish second floor for now
lower floor later
minimize cash flow
now has columns and mid (second) floor done

On another thread OP stated all this has been done for 12USD :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and a contact me.

This should be interesting.

otis-a wrote:Suggest my wife father so far only out 12usd and have land plus cement columns and beams done the roof steel frame underway and paid roof materials contact me onforum if interested opa3
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby geordie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:15 pm

actuly me soeling si nt bad me tipig is bad :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bil i think you may find he meant out with the estimate (price) 12 usd
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:31 pm

geordie wrote:Bil i think you may find he meant out with the estimate (price) 12 usd

I know some people like talking in feet - we recently 'lost' an American contributor who did just that (and RogerRamjet does too) - but I prefer the Thai metres and Baht.
The 12 USD is that at 30, 33, 35 or 40 to the Dollar?
fredlk

Postby dozer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:43 pm

a little less than 33.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby geordie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:24 pm

well i know the baht is thai but i thought metres were universal ???
the problem is you tend to stick with what you know and grew up with i was still learning imperial measures and then along came all this metric nonsense and yes i can do both but i tend to automatically think feet inches and england is metric other than miles per hour pounds of goods some people refuse to deal with metric the americans on the other hand still use imperial i believe although never having been there i could be wrong but if i were a mariner i would talk in nautical miles chains and fathoms because its what i can visualise
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:52 pm

geordie wrote:well i know the baht is thai but i thought metres were universal ???

Okay, to clarify, I was actually saying "... metres as used in Thailand ... " :D
geordie wrote:the problem is you tend to stick with what you know and grew up with

Speak for yourself. :wink: The country I grew up in converted from Pounds, Shillings and Pence to a decimal currency and we also changed from Imperial everything to metric everything. I thought it wonderful and have never looked back. I do still remember: 1 pound is 454 grams, 1 mile is 1.609 kilometres, etc.
I'm not trying to have an argument, just agreeing to disagree. :lol:
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:54 pm

dozer wrote:a little less than 33.

My question was: what was the rate of conversion at the time the USD 12 was miscalculated on said build?
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:23 pm

fred i was merely defending those of us who went through an imperial education to then have to change not picking a row
like you the country i grew up in changed to metric the problem is me and many others feel we were sold out and so we still think in feet and inches and even now when you go to tescos
they weigh in kilos price in kilos then give you a lb comparitor on loose goods the goverment weighed up the cost of changing all the uk road sighns so we still have mph adding to the confusion and yes with resentment i do use metric mesurement but i have to convert to get there
no doubt as before when i return to thailand i will have to use metres but not because i like it merely because i wish to be understood
geordie

Next

Return to Your Building Story