Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby MGV12 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:56 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:So I just kept quiet and hoped "certain" members would also forget to stir the pot a little bit more.

Fully agree ... so annoying when that happens :wink: :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:58 am

MGV12 wrote:Fully agree ... so annoying when that happens

And I'm still waiting for the other one to get out of bed. :lol: :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:12 am

jamess1970 wrote:Roger sorry to hear about your luck. Like they say, when it rains it pours. I believe that Australia is following in Uncle Sam's footsteps giving away money to the refugees except here it's all Somali's standing in line for everything while I have to go to work.

I can't understand why they would give away tax payers money to pirates. They gave it to the boat captains who are just smugglers. I was bought up during the White Australia Policy which I could never understand as Australia had Aborigines, Samoans, Chinese, Italians, Greeks, French and every other nationality all mixed in a boiling pot where I lived in Northern Territory.... and all got along just fine. I think the problem this time is the religion, the way the men treat women and the cultural differences. There's also the education factor but that was easily overcome when the Vietnamese boat people were allowed in.
The ones that actually cause the most trouble are the Lebanese and Egyptians who mostly refuse to assimilate and try an enforce their own "ethics" or lack there of on the women (IE Rape).
The government is using the same tactics that Hitler used to kill the Jews by using propaganda to fuel the flames of hatred. What they don't tell the people is they allow migrants from all the above countries, no mater what their religion, into Australia providing they apply legally. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Australia And there's been the ones who were "imported" as "slave" labour to cut the sugar cane etc. who are now respected members of society.
All it takes is patience and for the children to go to an Aussie school for all those old country attitudes to change. Just one generation.
I have no answer to the problem but I do know it's causing major problems within the Australian navy. How can you turn 150 starving people with children, with little food, water and hope back to where they escaped from in the first place. And Australian gaols are mostly full of Australians, not settlers.
I think a little compassion should come into play. Take the settlers, arrest the pirates/people smugglers and gaol them, sink their boats, resettle the people like they did the Vietnamese and let them join the lucky country on the proviso they work. No work and they get deported.
Perhaps I've been around too long and I'd never get elected as a politician, but I've seen this attitude the current government has before and it just doesn't work. There has to be a better solution than putting people on an island controlled by a contractor company with no, or little experience and then just leaving them to rot. The Senate and Human Rights Commission was scathing about the private contractor and the lack of qualified people. The first question they asked was about how many ex prison officers, ex soldiers and nurses they employed... and the answer was they tried to employ them but they refused once they saw the conditions the people lived in, a sad indictment. And the government is now trying to force Professor Triggs into resigning because she wrote a scathing report about the whole affair https://www.humanrights.gov.au/about/co ... ian-triggs I notice they haven't called on the Senate members who endorsed the report to resign, they've just taken aim at Professor Triggs, who I might add refuses to resign....good on her.
The Australian Army with all its manpower, expertise and knowledge should be looking after them and educating them with the knowledge they will be resettled in Australia when they have a trade, can speak English and are willing to abide by the laws of Australia. And I'm thinking that all those wounded Aussie Diggers could all be gainfully employed here instead of being sent to pasture without a job and becoming a burden on the tax payer. What a waste of a trained soldier who has communication skills, compassion, training skills, a lot had/have trades and think what the public would think if they were told that the "migrants" were being looked after by the armed forces. All the camps would be spotless, the migrants/inmates, whatever you'de like to call them would be under supervision the whole time and they would be working for a goal. Everyone needs a goal in life.
I hate it when the government wastes tax payers money without a solution to a problem, but then that's just me.
I've had my rant, now I can look at my empty pool and be miserable. Thank you for bringing it up. I shall remember you when and if you start building. :lol: :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby jamess1970 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:42 pm

I agree 100% with you. My building plans are now put on a indefinite hold due to work. I was supposed to be transferred to Bangkok but I am now going to China for roughly 1 1/2 yrs for plant redesign/re purpose. My wife says we can have the house built while I'm in China. She said her dad can over see the build, but I told her I will be there while they are doing it because of the horror stories for some builds I've read here. I've printed some parts of stories off for her to read but that's probably not going to happen. If you have not finished the pool when I finally get to Bangkok I'll come help you with it. :D
jamess1970

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:09 pm

jamess1970 wrote: If you have not finished the pool when I finally get to Bangkok I'll come help you with it.

Optomistically it should be finished by then because the drain on the cash, my daughter going to college (Dusit Thani) on the other side of Bangkok, will have graduated by then, hold down a decent job somewhere in the world and be purchasing for me a secondhand Jaguar.
On the other hand, realistically, I shall probably be either a piece of ash floating in the wind or be so old and senile that I won't know what it's for, why I built it, except as an ornament and will just admire it as such, if I can still get down the stairs. :D
jamess1970 wrote:She said her dad can over see the build, but I told her I will be there while they are doing it because of the horror stories for some builds I've read here.

Oh goody, one of those sorts of builds where I can add lots of useless advice because it will all be ignored by "the family" who will all have their own ideas, and they will all be in charge of the builder. Don't forget to let the drunken brother-in-law have full control over the cash too. I can't wait, it should be fun. :lol:
jamess1970 wrote:I was supposed to be transferred to Bangkok but I am now going to China for roughly 1 1/2 yrs

You'll love the hustle and bustle of China, if there's one place that's noisier and more polluted than Bangkok it's most places in China, make sure "the company" supply you with a locally built car. :D
Roger Ramjet

Postby Ians » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:19 pm

Roger, why second hand Jag - unless of course it's D type or early XK, then that's acceptable.
Ians

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:25 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:Fully agree ... so annoying when that happens

And I'm still waiting for the other one to get out of bed. :lol: :lol:

MOI? :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:You'll love the hustle and bustle of China, if there's one place that's noisier and more polluted than Bangkok it's most places in China, make sure "the company" supply you with a locally built car. :D

You are referring to that part of the world where the air pollution is constantly at a worse level than us poor folk in the north of Thailand experienced during the 'burning"?

No punctuation in that sentence as you might be [maginally] better of by not taking a breath :roll:

http://aqicn.org/map/world#@g/-31.6518/71.5733/2z

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:22 pm

MGV12 wrote:You are referring to that part of the world where the air pollution is constantly at a worse level than us poor folk in the north of Thailand experienced during the 'burning"?

No punctuation in that sentence as you might be [maginally] better of by not taking a breath

I love the small of burning wood, I hate the smell of hydrocarbons. Your map of pollution says that Bangkok is not polluted....much and Chiang Mai not at all. Just look at China though. And be warned that map tries to take over parts of your browser, so it is polluted as well. I take it you meant off, not of? :D

BKKBILL wrote:MOI?

Yeah, you. You just can't get rid of bad pennies. Now all it would take is Geordie coming back from the grave and the list would be complete.

Ians wrote:Roger, why second hand Jag - unless of course it's D type or early XK, then that's acceptable.

I actually just want the S type, the one with the funny headlights that look like goggle eyes. 4.3 litre V 8 and then add a supercharger, just for fun. It didn't sell well anywhere around the world and you can pick one up for less than 1 million baht if you can find one. I might even have it painted in camouflage colours, just to confuse the poor little National Servicemen at our local checkpoint, who are too scared to stop anyone..... Nontharburi being a "red province". :D
I should have bought one instead of building a half complete indoor swimming pool.... or should I? I will never know.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Ians » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Roger, no contest - always Jag before a pool.
Ians

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Ians wrote:Roger, no contest - always Jag before a pool.

An indoor pool in a three bedroom house in Thailand, think about it Ians, what could be more over the top than that. My doctor, a Thai professor and an excellent doctor nearly fell out of her chair when she found out about it "You have an indoor swimming pool"? What she didn't know and I didn't tell her, was it was empty. Now I need the Jag to complete the image, although I admit it would be a bastard to park in a car park, but then you'd just hand the keys to the valet parking bloke. :D
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:48 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:I love the small of burning wood, I hate the smell of hydrocarbons. Your map of pollution says that Bangkok is not polluted....much and Chiang Mai not at all. Just look at China though. And be warned that map tries to take over parts of your browser, so it is polluted as well. I take it you meant off, not of? :D

I take it you meant the smell, not small? :D Furthermore ... maps can't speak :lol:

MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:27 am

MGV12 wrote:I take it you meant the smell, not small? Furthermore ... maps can't speak

Yeah I know, I've been making a lot of mistakes lately, which is why I asked you to monitor my posts. :D :D I'm going to use Geordie's excuse about the medicine he was on, and as my good Professor has increased mine just last week and my spell checker in the iMac somehow got turned off and I'm too drugged up to try and find out how to turn it back on, so you'll have to bear with me. I think it might have been the gas she gave me and when I asked if it was "Laughing Gas" she smiled and said "no", so I was a guinea pig for something. Just another one of her crazy experiments I guess.
It's good to see you are on the ball though. :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby Ians » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:44 am

Touchè

<Please be aware that sharp implements are not permitted within the forum areas - mod>
Ians

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:44 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:I take it you meant the smell, not small? Furthermore ... maps can't speak

Yeah I know, I've been making a lot of mistakes lately, which is why I asked you to monitor my posts. :D :D I'm going to use Geordie's excuse about the medicine he was on, and as my good Professor has increased mine just last week and my spell checker in the iMac somehow got turned off and I'm too drugged up to try and find out how to turn it back on, so you'll have to bear with me. I think it might have been the gas she gave me and when I asked if it was "Laughing Gas" she smiled and said "no", so I was a guinea pig for something. Just another one of her crazy experiments I guess.
It's good to see you are on the ball though. :lol:

On this occasion we accept your excuse on your own cognisance.

However ... should there be a recurrence ... we reserve the right to request supporting written evidence from a doctor/parent/guardian/therapist/psychiatric analyst.

Have a nice day :)

MGV12

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story