Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby glassdude007 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Not meant to offend about your shoulder mate,
Cheers
“Always Double check your Measurements before your cut”
glassdude007

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:06 pm

glassdude007 wrote:Not meant to offend about your shoulder mate,

No offence was taken.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:11 am

Update:
Last night or early this morning someone stole our water meter, which I think is hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing when my wife wanted to know who was going to pay for the water gushing out of the pipe. She was indignant until I explained, no water meter, no record of use of water. She rang the water people and it would appear we were not the only targets last night. In our area there were 47 meters stolen because they are made of brass and copper. Our neighbour's wife is out there at the moment filling buckets of free water, she's a happy camper at least.
Now I asked them (the water people) if I could put the meter inside but they insisted it had to be on the roadway, even though they use a "majic wand" to read them nowadays that can read the meter 2 yards away.
Totally professional job, special cutters used and would have taken less than a minute. They left my neighbours meter because his is made of plastic. I'm still asking myself how much money they could make out of the copper and brass when melted down and it wouldn't be much, but when they steal a swag of them I suppose it pays for their moonlight exploits.
Lucky I have a one way valve from the tanks so we lost no water. I'm still laughing over the whole thing, especially when the water people told us they have no plastic meters to replace the stolen one so it may happen again, unless I build a cage over it.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:26 am

R.R. Reminds me of the old joke in the Army, The new officer just out from Blighty in East Africa ,"whats wrong with my truck" the Mechanic said "The Big ends gone Sir" the officer" These bloody Wogs will pinch anything . :roll: :roll:
Mike Judd

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:39 am

RR, guess the valves and those fancy brass fitting that BKK uses were also gone.

That is a lot of brass if it's x 4 7 :mrgreen:
Attachments
water meter.JPG
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:43 pm

BKKBILL wrote:RR, guess the valves and those fancy brass fitting that BKK uses were also gone.

That is a lot of brass if it's x 4 7

Bill,
They're the ones, they took everything off at the base of the two pipes. Two clean cuts so they had to use some sort of pipe cutter or modified bolt cutter. Clean as a whistle and no noise otherwise I would have had two dogs barking like mad. The water people have finally shut the water off, but I'm still waiting for the crew to arrive and replace it. They'll have to jack hammer the concrete to get to the original pipes. I still have 2,000 litres of water though.
Roger Ramjet

Postby unclezillion » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:30 pm

these sort of things could be used to steal parking meters and allsorts
unclezillion

Postby MGV12 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:50 pm

unclezillion wrote:Image

And these even more so as they would just slip in your trouser pocket ... not that it was me stole those meters guvnor ... honest; even though I did bring some over!

ae235.jpg
ae235.jpg (12.27 KiB) Viewed 852 times

Get a nice strong cage built around the next one.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:30 pm

I have a new meter installed......exactly the same as the last one. I wonder how long it will last?
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:35 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:I have a new meter installed......exactly the same as the last one. I wonder how long it will last?

MGV12 wrote:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby unclezillion » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:29 pm

MGV12 wrote:

And these even more so as they would just slip in your trouser pocket ... not that it was me stole those meters guvnor ... honest; even though I did bring some over!

ae235.jpg

the ones i posted can cut iron and steel up to about 5 inches not 1/2 inch copper lol. i used to be in the game!

but anyway let's take RR for a beer or three
unclezillion

Postby BKKBILL » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:31 pm

unclezillion wrote:

the ones i posted can cut iron and steel up to about 5 inches not 1/2 inch copper lol. i used to be in the game!
[/quote]
Actually that Ridgid 2A cutter has a capacity of 2” pipe if you go larger there is a four wheel model. Just say-in. :mrgreen:

Think as RR posted fast and quiet so this is what was probably used.

imgres.jpg
imgres.jpg (4.16 KiB) Viewed 749 times
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby jamess1970 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:07 am

So what has happened with your pool?
jamess1970

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:25 am

jamess1970 wrote:So what has happened with your pool?

For a first time poster you're a cheeky bugger James. :D
You might say we are having a dry run with the pool at the moment. :D As soon as I found a shop on Chaeng Wattana Road that had the pumping equipment I wanted, and the wife agreed the pool was again the priority, I went back there about a month ago full of enthusiasm to order the installation, I thought "finally", all the way there and that I could end this story, but when I got there, no pool shop, gone, closed, not a trace and when we asked the locals what had happened, they said they had "closed it because of the traffic" (no parking anywhere along Chaeng Wattana without your friendly policeman having your car towed or clamped).
I had my daughter with me twice, when I first went there and on the final day (at that stage I was unable to drive with only one arm operational) so all those dreams of telling certain members here to "sod off" never happened. So I just kept quiet and hoped "certain" members would also forget to stir the pot a little bit more.
The money that was allocated for the pump etc and installation was immediately reallocated by my wife to the townhouse renovation which is going slowly. The old song from "Flick pest control" comes to mind with borers in the doors, borers in the floors, call your Flick man, he's the answer, just one spray and they're gone. The little bastards had got into all our stored furniture, all the door and window frames (some were still wood) and all my bloody books. So instead of laying new parquet tiles upstairs we've gone for normal tiles. To be honest it was a real mess and now our renovator, Mr Cheong has more work than he can handle, being elected "village chief" or whatever they call them and his "worker" being too old to do much at all. So we called in a rubbish removal company who took two loads of furniture and books to the tip. And now the money for the pool has gone on aluminum doors and window frames, so now I not only have to find a new pool company with the right equipment (Haywood pumps and saltwater chlorinator, but also who are prepared to instal it, after I save my bickies (money) again. Which might be a little while with the Aussie dollar being given away to Indonesian boat people smugglers and now I've just learnt our government has a deal to reduce pensions, so it might really be a long time. My wife might have to come good with her twice yearly bonuses, which are currently going into the townhouse.
I do have some photos which I'll post later, now the "saga" has been reopened, and I do have some updates on various things I'll post on later.
Roger Ramjet

Postby jamess1970 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:53 am

Roger sorry to hear about your luck. Like they say, when it rains it pours. I believe that Australia is following in Uncle Sam's footsteps giving away money to the refugees except here it's all Somali's standing in line for everything while I have to go to work.
jamess1970

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story