Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Were is the upload attachment button?
Roger Ramjet

Postby fredlk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:Were is the upload attachment button?

Below the text box, next to the Options tab.
Screen shot 2010-08-14 at Saturday - 14 Aug 2010 - 16.51.59 .jpg
fredlk

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:03 pm

IMG_0001.jpg
Second floor with black biro
IMG_0001.jpg (8.43 KiB) Viewed 930 times

IMG_0001.jpg
Second floor with black biro
IMG_0001.jpg (8.43 KiB) Viewed 930 times

Fred,
How stupid of me, I should have scrolled down, but didn't.
Attachments
IMG.jpg
First floor with black biro
IMG.jpg (9.85 KiB) Viewed 930 times
IMG_0003.jpg
3 D image to be changed
IMG_0003.jpg (7.36 KiB) Viewed 930 times
IMG_0002.jpg
3D image to be changed
IMG_0002.jpg (7.38 KiB) Viewed 930 times
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Dear all,
Sorry that's all they'll allow for size and it doesn't show anything.
I'll try and boost them up later, they're only drawings after all.
Roger Ramjet

Postby fredlk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:09 pm

It looks good, but rather difficult to view. You have miniaturised the files.

Open the originals with Preview.
Under Tools, select Adjust Size.
The best is to reduce the size by percentage, but keep it just under 700 x 700 pixels and no larger than 256 KB.

If you are having trouble you can always send them via email and somebody else can post them for you.

(I see the architect left the beds in the bedrooms. :wink: )
fredlk

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:52 pm

fredlk wrote:It looks good, but rather difficult to view. You have miniaturised the files.

Open the originals with Preview.
Under Tools, select Adjust Size.
The best is to reduce the size by percentage, but keep it just under 700 x 700 pixels and no larger than 256 KB.

Instead of percent it might be easier to select pixels and keep it at 700 pixels for width or height whatever is larger than 700 pixels..

You shouldn’t have to adjust resolution. If you do just reduce that number.
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-08-14 at 5.52.23 PM.png
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:23 pm

I've been working on them. If this doesn't work then it will be done tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG_0003.jpg
3 D image
IMG_0002.jpg
3 D image
IMG_0001.jpg
Second floor with biro marks
IMG.jpg
Ground floor with biro marks
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Now your getting there RR. :D :D
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:40 am

Fred and BILL,
Thank you again for your assistance. I was trying to get too bigger drawing onto the page and it then became too small after I fiddled with it. I'm a buffalo.
As you can see there is to be a lot of changes. Bedroom 3 will be expanded by cutting out most of the corridor and will become the largest bedroom. My daughter has already lade claim to it and now insists on being at every meeting, so some will be held on Saturdays in future. The position of all the doors have been altered. Windows have been added, standard Thai size long and thin ones without sliding windows. If the house needs airing I will just open the two sliding doors outside bedroom 1 and 2.
The whole of the back area has now become grass. The toilet has been moved. The pantry, that he made a toilet is now a pantry again. His Thai washing area is gone. The kitchen will be extended a little. The garage will be extended in height so that it is level with the second floor, that way the roof will cover from garage to the front door (not there at the moment). It's actually rather interesting visualizing all these things from just a sheet of paper, then looking at the 3D model.
I like the way he has already put in the vertical support beams so you know where to place windows.
The wall around the terrace has been increased in height so the drunks don't fall off. I did ask, through my daughter, if he could put in a trapdoor leading to the pool incase anyone became really heated and needed cooling off quickly. They finally got the fact it was a joke.
I think 1, possibly 2 more sessions and then we can move forward again onto stage 2. And the good part is, it's starting to look like what I wanted.
Roger Ramjet

Postby fredlk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:00 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:It's actually rather interesting visualizing all these things from just a sheet of paper, then looking at the 3D model.

I find that the design phase is almost the most satisfying as you see the dreams become (virtual) reality. The actual building itself is a little less relaxed because it's only then that you find the mistakes you thought you hadn't made. :lol:
Roger Ramjet wrote:I like the way he has already put in the vertical support beams so you know where to place windows.

From what I have seen, most architects, engineers and builders in Thailand think in terms of columns. Once they have those correct, anything can be built on or around them.
Roger Ramjet wrote:And the good part is, it's starting to look like what I wanted.

Your house will be yet another bespoke house in Thailand. It's strange how each of us has different wishes and desires and that is reflected in what our perfect house is.
I look forward to the next stage(s).
fredlk

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:04 am

Fred,
I suppose it's like infrastructure for a country, if the foundations are correct, the rest will follow, complete with the whims and wishes of the populous.
Roger Ramjet

Postby splitlid » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:10 am

Roger, do not feel that you have to position windows and doors just because the guy has put columns in certain areas.

the columns are not in set places and can be moved if you want to.
splitlid

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 am

spitlid,
Thank you for that advise.
I'm actually going to put in a large vertical window in the stairwell that will cover two floors because I want pictures and rugs hanging there. The windows are not much of a problem at the moment, it's just getting everything else right at this stage, then we shall progress to the nitty gritty parts. The most important thing is getting the architect to think about non Thai things, like very large kitchens, sliding doors, no washing areas outside, a pantry, and 2 car garages, not 3 that he wanted at the start.
And I want a high ceiling in the garage, because, and he doesn't know it yet, but that will become a split level storage and workshop for me. The pump for the pool will be under and my small workshop will be above.
It's all rather interesting at the moment and I'm totally open to change throughout. I love challenges.
Roger Ramjet

Postby juehoe » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:45 am

Nice design!

But I fear that the flat roof without any eaves (shading) will lead to a very hot house.
juehoe

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:05 am

juehoe,
The roof will be colorbond. Under the colorbond will be 10 rated (I think) insulation. There will be rotating air vents on the roof to remove the heat that gets through the colorbond. There is a sloped overhang of one metre either side of the house itself, that is the legal limit for Thailand. The walls will be superblock which should insulate the house itself. The windows will be tinted and many won't open. I have 10 rated insulation under the Thai fibro/tile roof I have at the moment and it reduces the temperature by at least 10 degrees, the rotating air vents also help.
Roger Ramjet

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story