Mae Taeng Build

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Mae Taeng Build

Postby MGV12 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:22 pm

I can understand why your heart tugs you towards that piece of dirt Bill but the owners at least will not see it that way; Thais appear to function completely on the other side of the brain in such matters. Reason and logic usually also escape them otherwise they would put pressure on the 'shrew' to get your access available .. thereby making you an even better apple to be plucked. :lol: Fortunately you do still have time on your side and, as I think Fred mentioned earlier, there is no doubt a considerable amount of other land available in Mae Taeng as so it's unlikely there will be any [genuine] competition. If they do come back and accept then I have no doubt you will make any deal dependant on the shrew doing a deal with you .... there are obviously a lot of sellers and their wives to put pressure on her if their sale to you would be affected by her actions.

Thanks for your kind words on my 'work in progress' domicile. :D

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby robertkc » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:16 am

[quote="BKKBILL"

Anyway our last offer was we pay full price but only half the land tax. [/quote]

I`ve been discussing your saga with my wife - many of the details are a close parallel with our own land purchase...including the mysteries of Thai family dynamics - why land is held onto at unreasonable prices for a generation when a little flexibility would make a sale that may be desperately needed by some family members, and whether the farang price factor has poisoned the chance of a fair deal... my wife asked a question I don`t see answered in your thread: "is their price a good/fair one for land prices in the area right now?"
robertkc

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:25 am

Robertkc your wife in an astute woman and she has posed the question we all would love to have an answer to. Do thank her for making me look at my decision again.

One of the reasons for families holding onto land here is the lack of annual land taxation with the government taking their slice on a sale. So with no annual costs there is no incentive to sell leaving less land on the market. Normally this has the effect of raising prices.

There is property across the road for less than half the price although the comparison is difficult as that piece doesn’t have a chanote although the plot right next to it also doesn’t have a chanote and that owner has built a resort. :shock:

The creeks are a plus for me although they cut up the land but I guess the asking price is close to being fair.

So back to my dilemma and the die has been cast. Being in the land of bartering I will wait.

If my daughter was finished her schooling I would probably pay the asking price, land tax and the shrills jackpot price, but remember this property has been on the market for near two years now that I know of with only a devious realtor showing interest.

If in the next nine months / one year it’s sold so be it. As said in the mean time they can all twist in the wind.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby BlackStack » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 pm

I don't understand why you would want a flat area on your roof. Flat roofs are usually nothing but problems. The think the two pitched ones the Thais use would be better. Otherwise you may be wondering where all the mosquitoes are coming from.
BlackStack

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:28 pm

BlackStack wrote:I don't understand why you would want a flat area on your roof. Flat roofs are usually nothing but problems. The think the two pitched ones the Thais use would be better. Otherwise you may be wondering where all the mosquitoes are coming from.

If you read the thread you will see your answer in the first three posts. :D :D

I have no idea what you mean by the mosquito comment as we are not talking about a pond here. :roll:
BKKBILL

Postby Nawty » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:27 pm

You could always buy our plantation.....90 minutes from bkk, on the river...flows 24/7/365....river, not stream.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Nawty wrote:....river, not stream.

I do recall the night evacuation last year.

How is the river flow with all the rain we have been having?
BKKBILL

Postby Nawty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:29 am

Strong....but the distance from the mountains and its watershed area is relatively short, so whenever it rises like that, it goes down very quick.
Nawty

Postby fredlk » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Do you have anything new to tell us?
I can't bear the suspense. :wink:
fredlk

Postby Nawty » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Who ??
Nawty

Postby Nawty » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:21 pm

We had wild Elephants at our place last night !!!
Nawty

Postby MGV12 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Nawty wrote:We had wild Elephants at our place last night !!!

Wild as in having a party or wild as in very annoyed ... any damage? ... to the drinks cabinet .... or structure of your dwelling?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Nawty wrote:Who ??

I thought it would be understood that as it is bkkbill's topic, the news I am asking about is his ... if any.
fredlk

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Who?
BKKBILL

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Oh right that’s me. :oops: :oops:

There are events occurring as we confabulate but alas results cannot fall into place till months end.

Hopefully the account of the never ending land purchase will conclude.
BKKBILL

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story