Rendering (plastering) of brick wall.

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Rendering (plastering) of brick wall.

Postby Ajax » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:04 pm

Hello gentlemen.
A new step ahead after finishing the roof of my norwegian house in Thailand.
I have been looking for treads on this topic without finding any.
Questions as follows:
1. method normally used in Thailand for rendering.
2. how many square meter an hour for one man?
3. is mesh used in Thailand?
4. is silikat available?
5. Do anybody have prices (costs) for work like this.

The walls are made of super-block and the surface is nice and smooth.

Ajax. (name of my last dog)
Ajax

Re: Rendering (plastering) of brick wall.

Postby BKKBILL » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Ajax there are many photographs of walls being rendered in the photo gallery. Just one example would be pklongball in user galleries
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/th ... hp?album=8
Just the pictures should answer most of your questions. You will notice he also used insulated blocks.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Ajax » Tue May 04, 2010 3:23 am

I still think there must be someone on the forum that know what the labor cost would be for 1 sqm of rendering- thick 1 cm. External and internal walls. The walls are build with super-block.
The price I have got is 60 bath each sqm. 1 cm thick. On top of that they want 20 bath extra for corners. Is that normal. The money does not mean so much for me, but I dont want to be seen as a fool. If nobody have any prices on the object,-perhaps somebody know how long time and what number of men their rendering ended up with.
Ajax

Postby MGV12 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 am

Ajax wrote:I still think there must be someone on the forum that know what the labor cost would be for 1 sqm of rendering- thick 1 cm. External and internal walls. The walls are build with super-block.
The price I have got is 60 bath each sqm. 1 cm thick. On top of that they want 20 bath extra for corners. Is that normal. The money does not mean so much for me, but I dont want to be seen as a fool. If nobody have any prices on the object,-perhaps somebody know how long time and what number of men their rendering ended up with.

Hi Ajax - 60 THB per talang metre for two coats over AAC blocks is a reasonable figure; around CM anyway. Quoting separately for the external corners [20 THB a linear metre seems to be the norm] appears to be the way they go here and it is the best way to get straight corners [hopefully] they tend to struggle a bit more with getting internal corners straight and a 45 degree corner really throws them; hopefully you have a good team. If your walls are thicker than 4" this will include window and door openings, which will add up to quite a few linear metres over the build; 1.5 x 1.0 window equals 100 THB. Make sure they use the best quality pre-mixed render specifically for AAC blocks and the thickness quoted by your block supplier. Most Thai builders are used to applying 2 cm thick render, this is not recommended for AAC and will of course also double your materials costs; even if you are not cost conscious it's circa 200 THB a bag and you may be surprised how many bags it takes. Good luck.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Return to Your Building Story