Building a house in Huay Yai, Bunglamung`, Chonburi

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Building a house in Huay Yai, Bunglamung`, Chonburi

Postby Singtoo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:57 pm

We let build a house in Huay Yai, Bunglamung, Chonburi .
We decided to buy and let build a house in this moe baan near Jomtien because of a pretty long list of reasons for us.

What I post now here is meanly a pictures story.
I can go post some pictures in the forum but placing the links is more easy I think.
But it tells pretty good the whole building story

The first piling ceremony was held on the 7th march 2008.
Including planting of sugar-cane and banana-plant
As you can see on the pictures in the link below,
http://picasaweb.google.nl/Singtoo/Home ... directlink

And the story continued,
http://picasaweb.google.nl/Singtoo/Cons ... directlink
And even more,
http://picasaweb.google.nl/Singtoo/Bouw ... directlink

And the pictures about the finishing touches and the delivery of the house,
http://picasaweb.google.nl/Singtoo/Fini ... directlink

And updated pictures on the current situation,
http://picasaweb.google.nl/Singtoo/Upda ... directlink
<self promotional link removed, refer to FAQ on self promotion, Dozer>

We also have our fist banana's in the, no yet finished, garden.
We only could not stay long enough in Thailand to eat them ourself.
The lady who is taking care of the, few, plants will be happy with them when they are ripe.
As the bananas seem to need more time to ripen than I thought.
But I have to admit that I'm a very inexperienced banana farmer. :lol:

So I hope some people like my contribution to the building department.

Greets Singtoo
Ignorante portam, non ventus suus / If you do not know to which port you want, no wind is favorable.
Singtoo

Location: The Netherlands, Dordrecht or Thailand, Huay Yai, Bunglamung, Chonburi

Re: Building a house in Huay Yai, Bunglamung`, Chonburi

Postby geordie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:49 am

love the look of the place although a bit too modern for me i prefer the more traditional i think one of your albums may have same pictures twice but a lot of them anyway what was the cost of it all house bare --furnished
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Re: Building a house in Huay Yai, Bunglamung, Chonburi

Postby Singtoo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:36 am

I first needed to get used to the look of the house myself also.
The first viewings to this concept did not make me very enthusiastic regarding to the model of the houses.
It a Mediterranean Asian Design and that was not directly what we where looking for in Thailand.

We had looked on many building sites already over several years and in several city's.
We where not in a hurry to start building.

But in the end our list of points that spook for this place did go longer and longer.
- the building-quality of the houses
- the high security level of the, moe baan,
because we are not yet living the whole year in the house
all the furniture and so will be still there when we come home
- because it is build in the same high building standard in the whole moe baan,
however there are many different models and sizes of houses
- a friend had build here
he could hold an eye when we build here
- nearby a city with all westerner needs
I personally not want to life far away of a city with international stuff.
And than I not mean bars and so on
When I take a left turn from the.
- optional to let the house out because of the location

The cost of the house was 3.600.000 Thai Bath this is including shower and toilet materials
The cost of the 360 m² land 2.880.000 THB Yes I know this is a high land-price. For this amount you can buy far over 100 rai farmland in the Isaan. But I don't want to life on farmland somewhere in the Isaan.
The cost for the kitchen including appliances 340.000 THB
The cost for the pool was 450.000 THB
The amount of about 1.500.00 THB is for the total furnishing, garden, house alarm system, rain-gutters and so on.
Ignorante portam, non ventus suus / If you do not know to which port you want, no wind is favorable.
Singtoo

Location: The Netherlands, Dordrecht or Thailand, Huay Yai, Bunglamung, Chonburi

Postby geordie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:12 am

it looks a quality build and it does as you say tick a lot of boxes with what you wanted i did enjoy seeing the photos with the house being used and the all important blessings i hope you can get the rental income to show a return as you say its near a town with western facilities
i recognised the Bhuda on the mountain there is an exelent museum nearby i understand built by the chinese and then given to Thailand it has got a sampling of the teracotta army in it along with a lot of thai/chinese artifacts
Is the whole development completed now and how far is it from j,tien another thing interested me is it comes with an alarm does it connect to anyone when its activated there is somewhere in your area i think a spanish style villa built by a forum member and her husband
look at the article for sale cruzing its a beauty
geordie

Postby Singtoo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 am

Yes it is from what i have seen until now in Thailand a high building quality.
Yes the placing of the first piling wash done right on the right time.

Yes we have the website for the house on-line.
We just want to have the right renter in the house.

Yes that Buddha is about 15 kilometres from our house.
http://www.paradise-pattaya.com/image-f ... _large.jpg

The development is not completely finished.
Du to the world crisis the developer stopped further building now on a hold.
There are ready houses in different models ready and for sale.

For someone who likes to make a house with other requirements to the design there are still plots available for to do so.
The project is only a few kilometres away from Jomtien.

About the alarm.
I have seen some posting from you about alarms.
The alarm is now not yet connected to anyone.
The security guards are responding on the alarm.
I think I want to add a kind of a remote responding to our system.
The company who installed the system has some wireless extension for the system.
With this you can get a message when the alarm goes off.
And remotely switch the alarm on and off.

Yes this Spanish style house is also not to far away from us.
Singtoo

Postby geordie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:35 am

unfortunately getting the right renter is the headache i have had too many horror storys to even attempt a rental especially in the uk where the tenant has more rights than you fortunately different market different rules so wish you lucky finding the right person
i have not spent a great lot of time in that area i tend to stay for six weeks some at bankok some at chaiyaphum some at pattaya where i go diving with mermaid j/tien thats the main atraction but tend to dive one day look around the second dive third looking fourth regarding your alarm its good if the security respond and check things out the system i am bringing with me allows for diferent people to have acsess but you can change the code easily also it sends a text or voicemail everytime the door is opened and every time its locked so you know who has been there I:E maid - security ect and does allow for control via a coded text message but a bonus is you can alter the settings/codes from remotely via pc and control various electrical items I:E lights aircon ect and switch on remotely great if its dark and the alarm has been activated there is nothing worse than walking into a place in the dark after an alarm not knowing if someone is hiding in there as an alarm engineer it was part of your job to do that with some premises shops factories ect and you would not even know where to switch on the light i think health and safety you are not allowed anymore

A tip from a friend who rents go around the area find a nice restaraunt bar ect leave directions in a book at the house

The same when you look at an attraction leave a couple of pictures at the house and a good / bad report but put it in a book and encourage people who visit to do the same

put in good shopping malls markets all the info you can so that anyone that stays can read through it and plan a day out or know where to buy clothes without wasting too mutch time looking for somthing it makes a more enjoyable stay if you know imediatly where essential stuff is
with the plots they are selling are you obliged to use their design or can you make your own
geordie

Return to Your Building Story